You can Never be excited on the Toys build only for display! 

It must've something Machinery on it...

as far as i heard in an interview Markus Did the flagship and he is currently constructing the 2021 Flagship at that moment...

I remember a Markus video explaining  the design process, and he said for some models they create 2 versions for "play testing" (with a group of children) before deciding final production version.

I wonder if for some of the newest models they create motorized and non motorized options and decide based on play testing feedback.

Looking forward to seeing the Lamborghini in all its glory. I’m not too bothered if there’s nothing “new” apart from new wheel mouldings for it.

it does mean the UCS cars are all VW Group so far :)

as to the rest of the list, I’ll wait for the pics before I decide

@Seasider UCS 2022, my vote is for the VW Up :P

Kidding aside, i dont really care about new parts etc.. either. The AFOl community has proven that for sets like these, if there are problem, we WILL fix it, so as long as the base is solid and the colour is reasonable, it'll be fine.

37 minutes ago, Seasider said:

it does mean the UCS cars are all VW Group so far :)

Yes, so next could be some Bentley

Imagine the reactions if 42111 turns out to be two pullbacks Corvette-sized car :laugh_hard:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

pullbacks

We don't say the p-word in this thread... (goes for pneumatics also).

Edited by Jundis
Thanks @allanp :-)

5 minutes ago, Jundis said:

We don't say the p-word in this thread... (goes for pneunatics also).

Never heard of pneunatics before, but I'm gonna say pneumatics rulez!!!!!

I am looking forward to Lambo personally.  As far as 2022, it has to be another iconic super car brand.  Ferrari would be my bet

1 hour ago, Gzynek2323 said:

As far as 2022, it has to be another iconic super car brand.  Ferrari would be my bet

Please don't turn this topic into a guessing and betting topic.

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

@Seasider UCS 2022, my vote is for the VW Up :P

Dito

22 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Volvo A60? Hmm. Don't get me wrong - I love Volvo haulers (whyyyyyy did I miss out on 42030-B?!) but I'm not sure a dump truck is the best subject for a CONTROL+ set. Dump trucks drive forwards and backwards, steer, and release payloads. How that warrants over 2000 parts and five motors is my main question here.

I was thinking exacly the same ;) A very large set but with only 1 function(tip/raise bed) could have been made much smaller and still functional great. The dual XL-motors for driving (asuming) gonna make it fast too, but these dumpers are pretty fast IRL. Wondering what kinda tires it will have?!

Edited by GoldVillage

Since Technic seem to typicality showcase new features in their Flagship sets (as they did to introduce Control + in 2019) I believe this set will surprise us all (in a positive way) and has more to offer then we can deduct from few glances and second hand reporting thus far.  Looking forward to see official pics and description before passing judgment.

Just been researching the Volvo A60H and it may seem that it has some more functions than we originally thought, especially if it has the front bonnet lift arms etc.

I would be very interested to know if it has the powered articulation of the A30G too, Volvo like showing that off at events and making it do strange stunts.

Edited by Celurius

On 1/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, Jundis said:

pullbacks

We don't say the p-word in this thread... (goes for pneunatics also).

You hear that "p" word in the January Technic sets announcement?  That is the sound of inevitability!  I wish it were so for pneumatics in the August announcement!

No Technic animals in the range this year; all vehicles as usual.  I thought perhaps an animal or two would attract a wider range of people to the theme, as well as providing variety to existing Technic fans.  More people = more profitability = better sets.

I would hope that a firmware update to the Technic Control+ hub would enable the hub to have at least some outputs controlled with a train remote handset.  Even better if two handsets could work to control all 4 outputs; otherwise why does the remote have peg holes at the sides?

Mark

Edited by Jim
Removed off-topic self-promotion

55 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Since Technic seem to typicality showcase new features in their Flagship sets (as they did to introduce Control + in 2019) I believe this set will surprise us all (in a positive way) and has more to offer then we can deduct from few glances and second hand reporting thus far.  Looking forward to see official pics and description before passing judgment.

+1

Maybe they managed to implement a level automatism like in Sariels model.

Speaking as a none supercar fan, i'd love to see something new and different in the lambo - if its just another gearbox with unrealistic suspension and too many cosmetic parts then it won't be for me. But if for once it had proper suspension geometry with heave springs etc then i'd definitely consider it. I know cars have a fixed number of functions, but i'm constantly amazed as to why one of the key features - suspension - is ignored (and in most mocs too). 

I'd love to be saving like the fury because i needed both the Volvo and the Lambo..! Also the Volvo had better have the same suspension as IRL, if they ignore that i'll be bitterly disappointed.

Anyway, new sets make me feel 10 again. So perfect or not, i'm always excited...

Modern supercars have adjustable ride height, right? That was implemented in an official set only once (8297), and would be something to mechanically distinguish this Lamborghini from the Chiron.

6 hours ago, Seasider said:

It does mean the UCS cars are all VW Group so far :)

Along with the Ducati too. VWG are clearly very on board with the marketing benefits a LEGO tie up brings.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Modern supercars have adjustable ride height, right? That was implemented in an official set only once (8297), and would be something to mechanically distinguish this Lamborghini from the Chiron.

I'd like to see a supercar with a dumb battery box to suppliment functions such as raisable suspension, foldable roof, working lights, etc... Something like 8297 was.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I'd like to see a supercar with a dumb battery box to suppliment functions such as raisable suspension, foldable roof, working lights, etc... Something like 8297 was.

That what I'm trying to do here :blush:

I will tell you that motorised suspension has several issues once the car get to UCS size the wight starts to be come a problem my first attempt caused the suspension to sag so much you couldn't tell if it was up or down. Then I might just be no good :grin:

Looking forward to the Lamborghini be interesting to see what innovation they can do on it the Porsche and Bugatti we all about there gear boxes. Lamborghini's usually have scissor doors so maybe we will get some cool motion. I doubt we will see many suspension innovations as most people will only care that it goes up an down.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I agree with you there. I dunno if Lego is willing or able to make improvements to the design of suspension and stuff to make a better set. I would think they would, but there might be enough people out there who don't care about the sets other than looks, so Lego might skimp out on functions.

I don’t think we’ll get anything powered in a UCS supercar, I don’t think there’s the room to build the sort of car TLG and the OEM would want ... and think of the cost this would make the set!