Well that’s just bs is what that is. Thanks TLG, take your C+ and licenses and stick them up

Edited by Bartybum

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

The article at Zusammengebaut was updated, now they say the Osprey is manual only

No it has a motor

4 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

that would mean a second hub was added to the set just for the fake engine? Overkill if they have.. the price seems low for 5 motors and 2 hubs. And 5 motors seems to many for the functions of the set. If i were betting, its really 3 motors... price and functions makes far more sense.

I counted only three motors. Maybe there was a fourth but I don’t think so

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42114 is officially a Volvo A60H

True

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Based on the current trend in Lego Technic, I think the Cement Mixer Truck is the only set that is likely to have a B model. :(

No B-model was shown - all boxes were prototype 

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I've heard 250 euro.

Correct

24 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I do hope there’s at least one set with pneumatics here :cry_sad:

Unfortunately not a single one. 

More details for the new sets you can find at LC-jrx.com

8 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

250 euro for a doomp trook. Makes you think.

No, wait, it doesn't.

At least it's not a dumb truck

49 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I do hope there’s at least one set with pneumatics here :cry_sad:

Pneumatic is dead!

45 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

250 euro for a doomp trook. Makes you think.

No, wait, it doesn't.

Sit and think, more like it.

Aye, the dump pun has come full circle.

@jrx could you describe Volvo's tires/wheels and suspension from what you saw?  Also size-wise what is it comparable to? thanks

8 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

@jrx could you describe Volvo's tires/wheels and suspension from what you saw?  Also size-wise what is it comparable to? thanks

Sorry, but …

2 hours ago, jrx said:

Big wheels - but don’t ask if Loader Tires or those from Class :wall:

Size: Big – Unimog or Class tires

Trying to stay optimistic for a nice surprise here but, um, hopes are fading rapidly. It doesn't matter that the rumour of a backhoe was false. I learnt from the Porsche not to let too high expectations ruin an otherwise pretty good reality. But a helicopter with no cyclic or collective control, a flagship with no realism or complexity (apart from maybe the final drive to the wheels), a cement truck which doesn't do much, surely these are first half sets right? Except with second half prices and piece counts. I don't really see the reason behind these. All these sets with all these features and complexity's could have packaged in much smallerand cheaper sets if control+ wasn't there. Maybe the Lamborghini has some nice surprises inside. It's too early to know for sure but right now it seems like the Lambo is my only hope left of a Lego purchase this year.

With the price of €99.99, i think the size of 42111 F&F car is similar like the TopGear Rally car.

Can’t compare to 42077 Size because this is a licensed set, although both price is same & non-motorized set.

Like the TopGear Rally car, €129.99 is about licensing + control+, if you take out the motorized box then will roughly about €99.99.

If this is the case I would prefer 42111 rather the TopGear

Firstly, is Lego still doing the stupid thing where they're not allowing photos from the Nuremberg toy fair? I'd assume so, we have no images.

Secondly, I'm not that excited. Seriously, the cement mixer has only 2 functions. Seriously, why is this a $100 set? The Osprey sounds kind of cool, but I don't see it being that interesting. The Volvo dumper again sounds cool, but while it does have the new differentials, it does not have the planetary hubs, which is a stupid and unrealistic move in my mind. This is like the crawler not including long shock absorbers. It's also more expensive than it needs to be, because Lego is just insistent on Powered Up being a good thing. Lego seems to have lost their way with Technic since 2016. Technic is not City. Technic is not Racers. Technic is Technic, and I do not like the way it is going.

Also, I don't know about the Lamborghini.

25 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

The Osprey sounds kind of cool, but I don't see it being that interesting.

It's the only thing that works in the old Technic style. It has a 4 function distribution gearbox.

7 hours ago, jrx said:

More details for the new sets you can find at LC-jrx.com

Thanks for the infos about the parts.1 XL for driving for a model this size + load.. hm.

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

With the price of €99.99, i think the size of 42111 F&F car is similar like the TopGear Rally car.

Can’t compare to 42077 Size because this is a licensed set, although both price is same & non-motorized set.

Like the TopGear Rally car, €129.99 is about licensing + control+, if you take out the motorized box then will roughly about €99.99.

If this is the case I would prefer 42111 rather the TopGear 

Counterpoint, 42093 is the same size as the TG rally car, non motorized and licensed, and costs less then 1/3rd of the TG car. There is no way Lego could get away with selling a €40 set for €99. I cant think of any non-motorized, non UCS licensed technic set which went above €0.10/pc by any significant margin, there is no way they would do that for this set.

I agree that expecting something 42077 like is probably naive, given that for a licensed car the part desnity is going to be higher to capture the details, look at 42096 vs 42077, same wheels/scale/features, 500 extra parts. But if this is a fully mechanical set, there is no way they can drop the part count below ~900 for that price.

No “Wow” feeling this year and you can see it from the underwhelmed discussion here. The Lamborghini is probably nice, but just another car. The flagship sets allow for complex models with different functions. Is it the case this year? Personally I don’t care if it can drive. Some MOCers here have understood this and offer a manual and motorised version. I would be curious to hear which is more popular. For me the pleasure is in the building, not in the playing with the final set. It’s cool to show the things it can do, but then you think “What can I build next?”.

19 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

No “Wow” feeling this year and you can see it from the underwhelmed discussion here. The Lamborghini is probably nice, but just another car. The flagship sets allow for complex models with different functions. Is it the case this year? Personally I don’t care if it can drive. Some MOCers here have understood this and offer a manual and motorised version. I would be curious to hear which is more popular. For me the pleasure is in the building, not in the playing with the final set. It’s cool to show the things it can do, but then you think “What can I build next?”.

I think the big new supercar was pretty much common knowledge, im not sure how anyone can be underwhelmed by something that was already a given, especially seeing how well the porsche and bugatti sold.

As for the Volvo/cement truck, i dont really have an opinion there, it isnt something i really care about.

Honestly though, we get an H2 with something like 6 sets, with stuff to please pretty much everyone, the motorcycle guys get a Ducati, the movie/tunercar guys get a Supra, the UCS-car guys get a Lambo, the aviation guys the Osprey and for the construction/industrial equipment we get a cement truck and a big motorized volvo set (and IIRC, stuff like 42030 and other such get well received)

Pretty much the only thing missing is a big crane, which we still have in the form of 42082 (and 42097 and 42108)

Personally i cant remember an H2 which i liked better, if the supra is any good this year will end up costing me €500+ in H2 stuff alone (and pretty much €0 from H1)

22 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

and you can see it from the underwhelmed discussion here

The discussion is always underwhelmed here!! I agree with you that the pleasure for me is in the build, not playing.. and the first thing i do is take it to bits and plan my next moc. So i prefer complex, gearbox based models.. however, i also understand the control+ needs getting out there. So although multi-motor-no-gearbox sets may not be my preferred, its also not the end of the world... and personally i'd rather have that in a construction set than another car.

I'm looking forward to the volvo... though news it has no planetary's is disappointing..

My guess for designer-set matchup:

Milan (grohl) worked on the Helicopter. He only designed the 42104 B for 1H.

Uwe Wabra worked on the Volvo. He already designed a Volvo hauler and a 6x6 truck before.

Markus err probably did the Supercar. Or the Cement mixing truck. 

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And according to promobrick 42111 is one car, not two.

Did they state that? I just read "a model"...

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

No “Wow” feeling this year and you can see it from the underwhelmed discussion here

Ok we don't have a Liebherr R9800 or aDefender, lik 2H19 but I am quite pleased with the line-up so far. But let's wait for the first pics :-)

Good lineup. What are people really expecting, it is mainly just a toy. That thing, that we are used to something, is our porblem. Last set I bought was UCS millenium falcon, I thought that I will be excited ...