I don't get this aversion to sets that mix RC and manual. From a builder's perspective they're often more challenging, certainly more than the numbskull one-motor-per-function approach. My beef with 42070 comes from its extortionate price and the marketing lies, since the only off-road/all-terrain thing about it is the wheels.

But hey, as the world-renowned Sossidge Latin saying goes, "disgustibus non est disputandum".

54 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Great for your MOC, but the solution used in 42070 was rubbish considering it's remotely controlled.

Oh, and the Mini Xerion. I don't think TLG is going to make smaller tractor tyres any time soon (at least, not at 42102's scale), because the CLAAS tyres replaced a balloon tyre that wasn't used much to begin with. If TLG made smaller tractor tyres for other rims, then that would add unwanted complexity to parts production. I think labelling 42102 as a disappointment due to that reason is a little unfair.

About Power puller tire replacement you have plausible explanation; Claas tire is lighter and more narrow do it is more useful than power puller one, about 42102 set - it is IMHO a bit to boxy at the front, as you know all modern tractors have narrower and taller rear part of good (closer to cab) to enable better visibility...

So how many days to the Toy Fair? Will be revealed also the 2h news there? Last year I remember we saw the Libherr for the first time at the Nurnberg press conference.

8 minutes ago, mpj said:

So how many days to the Toy Fair? Will be revealed also the 2h news there? Last year I remember we saw the Libherr for the first time at the Nurnberg press conference.

The Nuremberg International Toy Fair runs from the 29 Jan - 2 Feb.

Some random musings here, i checked out the regional lego store yesterday, and saw that the mini-xerion was out of stock, and later saw the orange cherrypicker from last year somewhere. I think its quite interesting that last year we got a pretty low-effort recolour of an old set in the $10 segment, yet this year they hit it out of the park with not one, but two sets in the space, the xerion being pretty exceptional in terms of features, and the buggy just looking awesome and ticking all the boxes.

Maybe one of them was intended for last year, but both found complications requiring the contingency plan of launching a recolour of a previous set?

On 1/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, I_Igor said:

About Power puller tire replacement you have plausible explanation; Claas tire is lighter and more narrow do it is more useful than power puller one, about 42102 set - it is IMHO a bit to boxy at the front, as you know all modern tractors have narrower and taller rear part of good (closer to cab) to enable better visibility...

I was talking about this tyre.

Also about 42102: it seems more reminiscent of the 3800 Xerion with its square front. Note that the exact model of Xerion is not specified.

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

I was talking about this tyre.

Also about 42102: it seems more reminiscent of the 3800 Xerion with its square front. Note that the exact model of Xerion is not specified.

You could be right; all those balloon tires (Powerpullers, 94.8 x 44R, 81.6 x 38R, 68.7 x 34 R and 56 x 20 R) have the same pattern, so I was hoping for similar tractor tires line... I forgot about older Xerion because LEGO usually makes model of latest workhorse (iconic cars are not workhorses IMHO)

It’s definitely meant to be the 5000. The 3800 has single headlights, and the set’s double headlights have the same aggressive look that the 5000 has.

Sounds a little strange that 42109 has not a parts list on bricklink yet, maybe the new "owner" is trying to posticipate the selling of the new diff? 

At the moment, the only way to get it is buying the set... 

10 minutes ago, Bubbha said:

Sounds a little strange that 42109 has not a parts list on bricklink yet, maybe the new "owner" is trying to posticipate the selling of the new diff? 

This didn't cross my mind despite seeing lots of hoax in modern ("liberal") society's conventions etc....this could be pure economy, but again to buy very expansive set just to sell jewel and crown remains...

13 minutes ago, Bubbha said:

I have just ordered 3 of the new diffs from the Lego replacement bricks website. 

They are also not for sale on Brickowl yet, I suspect because the set is not reduced yet (and has a low part count) it doesn't make much sense for sellers to buy and split them. 

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

This didn't cross my mind despite seeing lots of hoax in modern ("liberal") society's conventions etc....this could be pure economy, but again to buy very expansive set just to sell jewel and crown remains...

Can we keep the politics crap out of Eurobricks? Thanks.

Edited by andythenorth

57 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Can we keep the politics crap out of Eurobricks? Thanks.

Unfortunately it is visible that this is all connected (with economy). I was just pointing that @Nedsynoo spotted something plausible...

Just now, I_Igor said:

Unfortunately it is visible that this is all connected (with economy). I was just pointing that @Nedsynoo spotted something plausible...

Maybe you did, but you unnecessarily steered this topic into a political direction. Let's not do that here on EB. At least not in the Technic forum. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Maybe you did, but you unnecessarily steered this topic into a political direction. Let's not do that here on EB. At least not in the Technic forum. Thanks. 

Ok, but somehow it is similar - you have to buy the whole (IMHO) expensive set just for (great) differential - and only one... pity that this one was not introduced in set like 42099 or even in not C+ (but I suppose that reason for this differential is clicking etc... In 28tooth bevel differential)

Just now, I_Igor said:

Ok, but somehow it is similar - you have to buy the whole (IMHO) expensive set just for (great) differential - and only one... pity that this one was not introduced in set like 42099 or even in not C+ (but I suppose that reason for this differential is clicking etc... In 28tooth bevel differential)

It's not important if it's similar or not. There's no need to point out the similarities using political statements.

And new parts are introduced in new sets all the time. Some of them in limited quantities. The blue gear introduced in the Chiron is another example. In a few years, you will most likely hurt yourself stepping on one of the dozens of new differentials scattered around your LEGO room :wink: For now, patience is a virtue. Or simply buy the set. 

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

And new parts are introduced in new sets all the time. Some of them in limited quantities. The blue gear introduced in the Chiron is another example. In a few years, you will most likely hurt yourself stepping on one of the dozens of new differentials scattered around your LEGO room :wink: For now, patience is a virtue. Or simply buy the set. 

Honestly I have more than 10 of them, but my pet does not allow me to step on it :laugh: and I have lot's of older parts that should be integrate somewhere and not to buy new sets always due to very limited space I have... Anyway I have found solution without new differential, but I accept it is very good new part like frames 7 x 11 that will save some trouble that I had in the past...but perhaps this posts are better suited to "general parts discussion" topic...

Edited by I_Igor

16 minutes ago, Homersapien said:

no news on that fast and furious car? 

If you havent seen it posted in this thread, no-one here knows anything new.

Asking for new kind of defeats the purpose of having a thread to post news.

Op 13-1-2020 om 09:46 zei vectormatic:

Ik zou het leuk vinden als in dit nieuwe jaar onder het setnummer # 42107 een mooie flitsende racemotor in een azuurblauw / zwart / purper kleurenschema wordt uitgevoerd (kleurenschema van de # 42050 Dragracer van januari 2016).

Ik verwacht hem in juni!

Edited by LegoFanaat1975

Well it sounds to me more like a wish...perhaps front tires would be new 68.7 x 27?

Nuremberg toy fair is just around a corner so very soon we will be more cleaver about this set...