@Cumulonimbus I think, as exchange of opinions about new crane is pretty much done, it would be nice to just wait for the premiere, reviews and (at least in my case) personal experiences to evaluate the set instead of continuing of dragging it through the mud.

12 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

By yourself?

Curious you will review the sets, particularly the crane that noone seems to like (myself included). I can still remember how your reviews on 42039 and 42070 - two other sets that had few fans - made me more positive about them and in fact I rather like 42039.

Nope. @VBBN and @mostlytechnic will do the reviews!

22 minutes ago, keymaker said:

@Cumulonimbus I think, as exchange of opinions about new crane is pretty much done, it would be nice to just wait for the premiere, reviews and (at least in my case) personal experiences to evaluate the set instead of continuing of dragging it through the mud.

To be fair, the criticisms are pretty squarely around what we know about it, and it isn’t being dragged through the mud for speculatory things like how well the functions perform. People don’t like that it’s ugly and doesn’t represent real cranes, they don’t like that the outriggers are operated separately and they don’t like that there’s no B-model. Those aren’t things that are going to change when people get their hands on the set.

15 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Ayyy, you should give us a review :D

Ahaha probably not. Although it seems like we have these sets early here, the 1h 2020 sets look like a let down personally. Very simple, no mechanical marvels and bloated price. The crane costs $140 CAD and the rc car is $180 CAD! Plus, I only collect flagships myself. Can't wait to see how this upcoming 'backhoe' will look.

Also here is the rc car, also already available in Canada!

ci-aiZlXMD-S3Mst4yC4lb86OT-76dPojaO5dQKW

Edited by sama

2 hours ago, sama said:

Ahaha probably not. Although it seems like we have these sets early here, the 1h 2020 sets look like a let down personally. Very simple, no mechanical marvels and bloated price. The crane costs $140 CAD and the rc car is $180 CAD! Plus, I only collect flagships myself. Can't wait to see how this upcoming 'backhoe' will look.

Also here is the rc car, also already available in Canada!

ci-aiZlXMD-S3Mst4yC4lb86OT-76dPojaO5dQKW

Are these for sale at a Lego store?  Or just at a store that sells Lego (like a toy/department/hobby) store?

49 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Are these for sale at a Lego store?  Or just at a store that sells Lego (like a toy/department/hobby) store?

At Toys R Us.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:50 AM, Jim said:

Nope. @VBBN and @mostlytechnic will do the reviews!

Yep, I have the crane and the Top Gear car in hand and am working on them. They'll go live Dec 26 when everyone is allowed to post their reviews. I'm deliberately avoiding reading this thread and other discussions so I come at them unbiased. (I'm only making this reply because I got a notification from Jim tagging me :laugh: )

48 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Yep, I have the crane and the Top Gear car in hand and am working on them. They'll go live Dec 26 when everyone is allowed to post their reviews. I'm deliberately avoiding reading this thread and other discussions so I come at them unbiased. (I'm only making this reply because I got a notification from Jim tagging me :laugh: )

How can you review the car when its profile isnt available yet in the app?

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Developer release apps.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

BC2 can perfectly control the car.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:12 PM, Bartybum said:

Those aren’t things that are going to change when people get their hands on the set.

It's funny that although everybody hates it, most will actually get the set - or we assume they will. :laugh:

Anyhow, I'm having mixed feelings. I like cranes, I like that it's not power function (I like to turn knobs), I like that it has nice knobs, I like the scale - all the mid-scale trucks that share the same wheels are really good in my opinion. But I can;t get past the no B-Model. It's a worrying trend that has been building for a few years now (I was willing to forgive the Ultimates but I almost boycotted 42096) and I am baffled a non-ultimate, non-licenced set isn't a 2-in-1. Worst of all, I usually don't have time to build B-models... :grin:

Also, the new sets are now showing on the French Lego site (42101 to 42108 but the Catamaran isn't there)

17 minutes ago, tohan said:

(I like to turn knobs), I like that it has nice knobs

This crane is bringing out everyone's kinky side.

All knobbing, I mean kidding aside, I think you're spot on when you say the set's gonna sell like hot buns, I mean cakes. At 30% off it should make a decent parts pack for most muckers, I mean MOCers.

Edited by suffocation

2 hours ago, suffocation said:

This crane is bringing out everyone's kinky side

You definitely got me there!! ?

3 hours ago, Valkyx said:

@Sarielwhen can we expect reviews of the 1H2020 sets? 

The embargo date is still December 26th, 14:00 CET.

Looks like 5 bevel gears along with the red gear which seems to mesh differently to the usual clutch gears. Possible a clutch gear could mesh to the other side of the LBG case?

24 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

Embargo is until 26th yet some1 posts already.

There is no embargo for private persons, who could buy the sets in shops (by mistake put products on shelf). This can happen every year. Let's be happy, that we have news! 

I am only sorry for official reviewers, like Sariel, KBalage, Anio... they have now serious backlash. Feels unfair. :sceptic:

TLG should bring back the earlier embargo date - not to mention, that might be not devilish (from sales point of view) to release H1 sets already before Christmas...

p.s.: 42108 is still the worst set, ever.

Edited by agrof

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

The red part from the Top Gear set can be seen here:

these guys never learn!!!!

the more they leaked out, the later we will have the news about new release set in future.... 

sad