9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Yes, and in the process making an attempt at humour based on the two meanings of the word "spoiler". :hmpf:

I know. He even PM'd me about it. :facepalm:

Anyhoo, I do believe 42108 is the topic of the day. At least you could build a replica of Los Angeles and wreck it with the crane...

Champion-Crane-Driven-by-Kristanna-Loken

...so there's that! :shrug_confused:

On 12/5/2019 at 1:00 PM, Maaboo35 said:

I know. He even PM'd me about it. :facepalm:

@Maaboo35

It is not nice to make fun of me, especially when I have asked if the new ultimate is going to be red, regarding red spoiler on Top Gear model and you said no, what @Ngoc Nguyen has spotted. So I have no idea why are you making fun of me, while giving me wrong answer and misleading me. That's the reason I have sent you the PM cause I thought there is something on the model what I am missing (like sticker or something). Next time read correctly and toroughly before you insult somebody.

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

I'm not insulting you, I just thought sending me a PM was unnecessary over a joke @AVCampos made. And I made absolutely no attempt to mislead you in any way. The misunderstandings here are all yours, mate.

Edited by Maaboo35

And again someone struggles with reading or you should let me know that you are color blind... Yeah, I am curious how it was unnecessary, especially when my PM has been sent before @AVCampos post ;). 

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

And again someone struggles with reading or you should let me know that you are color blind... Yeah, I am curious how it was unnecessary, especially when my PM has been sent before @AVCampos post ;). 

I'm sorry, what the hell are you on about? I can read perfectly well, and I am in no way colour blind. Neither am I blind to the fact that, in lieu of intelligent discussion, you've stooped to the very behaviour you apparently abhor. I have already explained my post above and that I didn't mean to insult you.

Apparently that wasn't enough. And you PM'd me after @AVCampos made his pun. Now drop it. :sadnew:

Guys, please stop :classic:

EB is meant to be a peaceful place. 

Regarding the first wave of set, I tend to be disappointed. I do have regrets for having sold my 42009 set... 

Waiting for the next wave with the ultimate supercar!

Edited by grego18f

2 hours ago, grego18f said:

Regarding the first wave of set, I tend to be disappointed. I do have regrets for having sold my 42009 set...

Well hey, you get 42108 to replace it! Just as good, right? :laugh:

On 12/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, Maaboo35 said:

Well hey, you get 42108 to replace it! Just as good, right:laugh:

If he sold his 009 for a good price, he should be able to buy two 108s, or perhaps even three on a good sale, so there is that, 2 >1 right? :P

On another note, does anyone know when we can expect review? in previews years ive seen reviews pop up early december, but ive got a feeling we will be waiting a good bit longer this year.

3 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

On another note, does anyone know when we can expect review? in previews years ive seen reviews pop up early december, but ive got a feeling we will be waiting a good bit longer this year.

Not sure if anyone wants to review this thing! @Sariel, @Jim, your thoughts?

I dont remember where i saw information about sariel's reviews at 13th december, but probably at this date we will have two reviews at his account, the crane and top gear car. 

Eurobricks reviews will be coming too! 

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

December 26th 14:00 CET is the review embargo date this time.

Sorry for disinformation, i remember wrong date then. 

Anyway im looking forward those reviews! 

Edited by mysiopysio84

1 hour ago, Jim said:

By yourself?

Curious you will review the sets, particularly the crane that noone seems to like (myself included). I can still remember how your reviews on 42039 and 42070 - two other sets that had few fans - made me more positive about them and in fact I rather like 42039.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Curious you will review the sets, particularly the crane that noone seems to like (myself included)

Maybe it is only an impression made by couple of people complaining and whining about the set via many last posts. And it is boring. Instead of discussion I see a festival of complains about how bad 42108 is. I like this set, based on the first comments in topic related to 42108 I am not alone.

So as you accurately noticed, it only seems, that noone likes it.

Edited by keymaker

3 hours ago, sama said:

Looks like 42108 is already here in Canada eh.

*snip*

Ayyy, you should give us a review :D

4 hours ago, sama said:

Looks like 42108 is already here in Canada eh.

xtV_5aVgiySQDcu73x0DgP_81lOx7c8x0Jf2698L

No way!!!!! Lucky

8 hours ago, keymaker said:

Maybe it is only an impression made by couple of people complaining and whining about the set via many last posts. And it is boring. Instead of discussion I see a festival of complains about how bad 42108 is. I like this set, based on the first comments in topic related to 42108 I am not alone. ...

Just curious, what should this discussion look like? I have re-read the whole 42108 thread and at first the tone was generally positive until more detailed images where available which revealed the shortcomings. I have always tried to explain why I dislike certain aspects and (lack of) functions, and many other users did as well, so this not whining in my book. If a set isn't good enough, should this be hushed? Good on you that you like this set and you are welcome to give counter arguments. I agree this would be more interesting, but so far I haven't read many positive opinions about this set once all the functions were revealed . Jim probably has a brighter look on life than I have at the moment, so he might might still convince me and others that is a actually a good set not just a parts pack.