The simple battery box will be same shape, so you can interchange it for the hub. I suspect it will be able to power 2 motors independently.

12 hours ago, allanp said:

You just gave me an idea. Normally we complain when you have to physically touch the model to switch between sets of RC functions (like 42070), or when we can't control all functions at once (like 8043). But a backhoe gives us a unique opportunity to do it in a way that is entirely realistic, by rotating the drivers seat. With the seat facing forward you control drive, steering, rear stabilisers, front bucket raise lower, front bucket tilt, front bucket open and close. Then with the seat in the rear facing position you can control all of the rear digging arm functions. That might not be entirely realistic but in a real backhoe you physically can't really control the rear digging arm with the seat facing forward!

It is not a back hoe but I build similar moc 2 years ago.

Edited by msk6003

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

God I hope not. I like C+ so far but we really need small dumb battery boxes.

You need space inside for 6 AA batteries and the 4 connectors, can't really be smaller than the current one. 

I miss the old days where models have one motor and battery pack to control many functions with cool gearboxes. Today, RC is everywhere. Lots of electronics makes models unnecessary expensive. Its a shame that 42109 uses 4 port hub with only 2 motors even the 2 port hub exists. This is waste of money and ressources. It's like you have a 4 port carport at home, but you know there are always 2 cars to park. A customer can try to put new lights to the 2 spare ports, but the app can not handle it. Technic has lost his key feature. The only gearboxes we have are in (display)cars to switch gears for boring fake engines. Technic was much better than yet.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

48 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Its a shame that 42109 uses 4 port hub with only 2 motors even the 2 port hub exists. This is waste of money and ressources.

Most likely because the 2-port "train hub" is optimised for studded building instead of studless, and AAA batteries last less than AA. Plus, 42109 = parts pack!

9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

42109 = parts pack

As already previously stated, the model is way overpriced. As the 42100 slowly reaches the 300€ range and acting as a part donor, we are currently at 50€ for all the electric components at bricklink. The only interesting parts right now are the white wheel arches and the differential.

44 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I miss the old days where models have one motor and battery pack to control many functions with cool gearboxes. 

The old days? 42082 is still out. I miss the old days when we had ungeared motors, belt drives, studded bricks and the flex system! Multi-function gearboxes are cool I guess, but over used IMHO, and we don't see them in real life machinery.

50 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Technic has lost his key feature. The only gearboxes we have are in (display)cars to switch gears for boring fake engines. Technic was much better than yet.

Gearboxes used to change gear ratios between the engine and the wheels have been in Technic from day one as it is intended to show how a real car works. Technic hasn't lost anything by still having them. They add realism (although I do admit they are not in themselves realistically executed, way too complicated layout of gears and shafts compared to real gearboxes). 

39 minutes ago, Jundis said:

The only interesting parts right now are the white wheel arches and the differential.

Amen to that :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I miss the old days where models have one motor and battery pack to control many functions with cool gearboxes. Today, RC is everywhere. Lots of electronics makes models unnecessary expensive. Its a shame that 42109 uses 4 port hub with only 2 motors even the 2 port hub exists. This is waste of money and ressources. It's like you have a 4 port carport at home, but you know there are always 2 cars to park. A customer can try to put new lights to the 2 spare ports, but the app can not handle it. Technic has lost his key feature. The only gearboxes we have are in (display)cars to switch gears for boring fake engines. Technic was much better than yet.

Before control+ : Don't have many car transmission

After control + : Don't have any distribution transmission

How do you know that? I don't see any reason for sets to not include the "dumb" battery box (which will come out in the future) and a motor to power a multiplexing mechanism as has been done with the PF (and 9V) generation.

Nowaday Lego like to make a vehicle having different tyre/rim size at front & rear wheel.

76139.... 40433.... 42109

which is i think look not realistic, ugly, imbalances....

Will the car look better if i change the front tyre to 49.5 x 20 same as it rear for 42109??

Edited by Technicallism

Does anybody happen to know what the new part that looks like a differential is for sure yet?

I'm asking because heh you never know.

Regards, Snipe

The red gear? No I don’t think it is. I just looked up a marketing video of the 42109 and there’s a red gear at both sides of the rear axle. Check 0:41 approximately, when it’s driven backwards:

15 minutes ago, LvdH said:

there’s a red gear at both sides of the rear axle

You mean next to the right rear wheel? This surely is the red thin liftarm you can also see at 0:06 and not a red gear.

16 minutes ago, Jundis said:

You mean next to the right rear wheel? This surely is the red thin liftarm you can also see at 0:06 and not a red gear.

No there is definitely a gear: 

800x373.jpg

43 minutes ago, LvdH said:

No there is definitely a gear: 

On the left rear wheel, sure. But you said at both sides...? ;-)