6 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

3 pullback models!! TLG getting a bit lazy :wall:

I am surprised to see the pullback thing spreading into regular sets. It's starting to resemble Racers around here... :look:

6 hours ago, ian74 said:

Holes? But it says the BOAT FLOATS.

Imagine two of these joined back-to-back. Most likely the new pontoon works like that, with the hole also sealed.

TBH with you guys, I don't like this wave of technic sets. Crane seems to be quite cool and catamaran is something new and interesting, especially because it can flow. However the rest of the sets are quite poor. Anyway, waiting for next wave and for ultimate car! Some teaser should be around soon, like it was with Chirons wheel, right?

8 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

TBH with you guys, I don't like this wave of technic sets. Crane seems to be quite cool and catamaran is something new and interesting, especially because it can flow. However the rest of the sets are quite poor. Anyway, waiting for next wave and for ultimate car! Some teaser should be around soon, like it was with Chirons wheel, right?

Same I need new wheels

2 hours ago, Jaromir said:

What, you don't like the buggy? But it has steering and a spring, all in a tiny set

Edited by Bartybum

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

What, you don't like the buggy? But it has steering and a spring, all in a tiny set

Nope, I am collecting bigger sets only.

In this line-up the two sets which stand out to me are the Buggy and the Boat:

The buggy is a fantastically executed set: Interesting proportions and color scheme, plus the integration of steering and suspension in a compact model make it a very playable model and a great introduction to Technic. I hope it feels very swooshable when driving.

The boat is ... let's say an fascinating experiment. I appreciate the effort of making a set that is not a car, truck or construction equipment.  It is nice to see that boat mechanisms like the hydrofoils are modeled and could teach kids something about these type of boats. The floats seems to increase the play value compared to the previous Technic sailing boat. However, I'm not a fan of the big one-piece hull pieces. I see that they are necessary to make it float, but hey are very big, single purpose parts that really define the look of the vehicle.

The rest of the sets are kind of alright. Not bad in their functions, colors and designs, but nothing really grabs me with its looks, functionality or price.

Its funny.  The elbow macaroni piece (newer version) came out in 2016 and was pretty much not used at all for the Technic line.  Then came 2018 and it seems to appear in nearly every set now.  Sometimes unnecessarily.  That is how I feel about 42108.  I like the set, but it doesn't seem to go well with the cab layout. 

Hm. Not sure about this wave. The crane seems decent, but still nowhere near 8460. Much will depend on the functionalities. Fake engine? Probably not. All 4 outriggers linked? I don't count on it. Lifting capacity? We will see how this turns out. The huge cabin looks rather ugly to me anyway, and it would have been cool if it were bright light orange, but whatever.

For the rest, it's mostly "meh" for me. I hope the boat sports some interesting functions. Cool to see floating elements, anyway (albeit in a weird color). I hope 2 of them can carry a batterybox and 2 motors, then you can have some fun with RC boats.

I like the return of medium azure in the stunt truck, but most of the models look rather ugly to me, and there are way too many "race" vehicles. If you remove all the "fast things" it looks like only 2 sets remain - the mini Claas and the crane. Which seem to be the best 2 sets of the wave, in my humble opinion.

37 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I like the return of medium azure in the stunt truck, but most of the models look rather ugly to me, and there are way too many "race" vehicles. If you remove all the "fast things" it looks like only 2 sets remain - the mini Claas and the crane. Which seem to be the best 2 sets of the wave, in my humble opinion.

I'm not keen on how Technic looks like Racers Redux, especially with the pullback motor seeping into actual sets. :thumbdown: I do like the Buggy, though, and of course the Mini Xerion. :thumbup:

Most people don’t, but I really like this wave! They boat looks awesome, especially with the color scheme and new hull pieces. The buggy is a must-but, the mini Xerion is pretty cool as well, and the RC car and crane look fun! I don’t really care for the pullbacks, but the stunt racer has decent parts.

Funny experiment... I showed the line-up to my two sons (6yr & 4yr). The boat is the big ones favorite, the little one choose the crane. The stunt truck + motor got some oohs and aahs as well so that would be the runner up to both of them (flashy colors and flames, doh...). But overall the entire line-up got their approval, so I think TLG did a good job in making this wave for their main target audience. :thumbup:

And I have some backup when it comes to convincing my wife to buy them...:devil_laugh:

4 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Funny experiment... I showed the line-up to my two sons (6yr & 4yr). .... so I think TLG did a good job in making this wave for their main target audience. :thumbup:

With all my respect, sorry, but the experiment and the conclusion is incorrect. Even the easiest (smallest) set is labeled as 7+. Your wife might will be able to notice this too. :wink:

Of course this wasn't meant to demolish the final argument in the household, You have all my spiritual support to find reasons to convince her! :laugh:

lego-technic-2020-42101-0001pb.jpg

6 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Please wait for 42107 announcement before make your conclusion about 1HY 2020 line-up

Something big is coming.... :)

It should be new motorcycle. Since TLG and Harley Davidson work together, there is a chance to get new Harley Davidson cycle with the same tyres as in creator expert. Sportbikes and cross bikes for many years are  boring...

Do you know something?

He must know something if he said that...

2W is the code name, so everybody guesses 2 wheels = motorcycle. Could it also be 2 wings .. ?

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

Please wait for 42107 announcement before make your conclusion about 1HY 2020 line-up

Something big is coming.... :)

Ok, you got my attention, but big is not necessarily good...

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42107 can be the alleged Mitsubishi Eclipse Fast & Furious that was leaked some months ago.

Probably wrecked with only 2 wheels left? :innocent:

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42107 can be the alleged Mitsubishi Eclipse Fast & Furious that was leaked some months ago.

F&F car is supposed to be 42111.

2w doesnt necessarily mean 2 wheels tho... Just as CRANE has nothing to do with 4x4 Crawler and ELEPHANT has nothing to do with Liebherr R9800

I do like a good motorbike from Technic. Hoping one day for a really dense and complex superbike with 2 or more speed gearbox and finally working pneumatic disk brakes, as they are so prominent on the real thing.

Honda_CBR1000RR_FIREBLADE_RR_6_GOOD_POOR