1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not to minimod, but let's get back on topic! We have two sets to chatter about - let's do what @Ngoc Nguyen said and go nuts. :moar:

Go nuts like this one :wink: 

26 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Perhaps he's a double amputee

Let's not do this, okay? 

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The double is important, I just tried and had no issues assembling a diff with only my left hand, and left is my weak hand too. Without putting the diff on a table or something like that, so anyone should be able to do it no problem :laugh_hard:

Edited by Gray Gear

Edit: removed

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Let's not do this, okay? 

Sorry Jim for my post; now I see you were faster...

Well, all jokes aside, I hope the preassembled diffs will at least be able to handle more torque than the current ones

16 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Well, all jokes aside, I hope the preassembled diffs will at least be able to handle more torque than the current ones

I imagine it will be lubricated the the 42099 hubs. KEEP IT AWAY FROM MUD :grin:

Edited by Zerobricks

Some diffs are a PITA mostly because sometimes under stress the small bevel gear in the center likes to fall and there is little you can do about it.

A preassembled one solves the problem allowing to focus on what to do with the diff instead of how to prevent it to fail.

38 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I imagine it will be lubricated the the 42099 hubs. KEEP IT AWAY FROM MUD :grin:

I dont know why I even said that, I could not care less about torque, all that matters is that I need a small center diff. I only build manual sportscars, so mud won't be a problem :)

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

OMG BOAT FLOATS

With massive single-use hull parts. Those I'm less impressed with. Or at least I would be if I gave a wet slap about boats!

Cool buggy. And I like the pullbacks, funnily enough. They include accessories, too! The race rig kicks butt. :thumbup:

Im totally digging the little buggy, looks like an excellent desktoy, and a great source for small orange panels (and a shock!)

The pullbacks really look great, much better then recent efforts, even if the concept is getting old, at least these two look fresh and like actual drag-cars rather then the weirdo futuristic cops and robbers stuff. 

The stuntshow looks like it is a very fun playset, it isnt for me, but i can see kinds having tons of fun with it, i spot a pullback motor in the bike!

The class doesnt interest me that much, feature wise its probably only got steering and some swivel bits. The boat also looks like a lot of fun for kids (remember playing with a firefighter lego boat in the tub as a kid myself), but a pass for me myself.

Very curious about the B-models!

EDIT: only missing 42107 from this wave, which is the "2w", hoping for a cool motorcycle

Edited by vectormatic

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

OMG BOAT FLOATS

Hell yeah! And with a B-Model! I just was about to go sleep and would miss all of them... Such a nice bunch of small sets!

Just now, Void_S said:

Hell yeah! And with a B-Model! I just was about to go sleep and would miss all of them... Such a nice bunch of small sets!

Small sets are where it's at, brah. :wink:

I like the boat, Claas and the buggy, small sets remind me on older technic times with small vehicles with a few functions (not quite on the level 8459 :wub:, but still not bad)

Crane looks cool, mini version of the 2013 one.

But iam not a fan of:

rally car.

-Why does it have a Top Gear license? I see no need for it and it makes the price higher than it should be.

-Looks kinda crude and unfinished, especially with those stickers.

-And again, no additional RC control, just the App which we don't know if it gets supported long term.

Stunt bike and pickup

-looks unfinished

-does not really belong into technic

Pullbacks:

Dont't look bad but i hate pullbacks :grin:

Edited by Coolusername

18 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

B-models! Wahoo! :wub_drool:

That Xerion is adorable! It'll look great next to its big bro. :thumbup:

Totally getting the Xerion!!!  Of course, I'm still on the fence about buying the big one.  So, for 2020 1H getting 1. Crane, 2. Xerion. 3. Maybe boat (my little kids take baths so I could sneak some playtime in there)

Let's see 42107!

Just now, Coolusername said:

Stunt bike and pickup

-looks unfinished

-does not really belong into technic

Can't say that I'm fully agree with that but they are definitely could proved a lot of C-Models, and it's a great resource set at least.

By the way, it really comes the age of Corvette-scaled vehicles with these narrow wheels, they and wheelarches really made a fresh breath :thumbup:

I like the Catamaran and the Claas, but had hoped for something like the 8281 Tractor. So instead of B Models we now have 2 in 1? I hope that for the bigger sets and for the flagship sets they will continue to create B-Models. Luckily @grohl creates alternative models in his spare time!

For 42106, I don't like the color scheme,
However it has some n°3 connector in red and small mudguard in red so I might buy it one day.