20 minutes ago, kuja2015 said:

It's not bad! Not bad at all!

Agreed.

It is not bad.

It is terrible.

It's really ugly. 

I spotted a red gear inside the rear left wheel, seems big, like 28t, but i think its too early for a recolor... Any ideas? 

I know it may not look the ebst, but look at it from a different point.

This is a very nice starter pack to start with PU. It's also the first time in many years if ever, we get a very simple model with drive and steering.

I have a hunch we are also gonna get a new differential casing, one that's can be meshed parallel and perpendicular.

Crane 42108 pictures have leaked too. 8 wheel steering, same size wheels as the Mack truck. No PF. Yellow. #5 / #6 and 3x11 curved with 11 pin holes in yellow return. Does include an XL actuator too. 

Looks good. But f:grin:king expensive. 129$? My god. 42039 24 hours race car is 129.99$. And 463 pic? 42049 mine loader is 476 pic and 49.99$.

I have a feeling something massive is heading soon.

42099 relased with new hubs, which are overdimensioned for that low geared and light model.

42109 has a new preassembled diff, even though any old gear would be strong enough for such a simple, light car.

These two new components are IMO pointing that there is a heavy, maybe AWD new set coming out soon.

Why else would TLG develop expensive, much stronger components?

I'm thinking we will see something like a new monster truck with even bigger (150+mm) wheels, or maybe an 8x8 truck with simillar finctions to the Arocs, but in a bigger scale (5000+ pcs).

6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

even though any old gear would be strong enough for such a simple, light car

But it needs a differential to steer, and the old differential can't mesh with a side gear.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But it needs a differential to steer, and the old differential can't mesh with a side gear.

Of course it can. You could easily use a 40 tooth gear and the old linear diff in place of this:

6573.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

42109%20diff.PNG

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Right. I totally forgot the existence of the old 4L differential...

Using that diff and a 40 tooth gear would make the car go even faster. So...why did TLG decide to develope a new diff?

The 3l diff is tricky enough to assemble. The 4l inline one is worse. And I think 9+ is a lower target age than usual? They may have wanted to introduce a preassembled diff to simplify the build.

16 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

The 3l diff is tricky enough to assemble. The 4l inline one is worse.

Really ?

You build your Lego sets with mittens, right ?

Not to sound harsh, but if assembling diffs is too hard, than maybe you have an issue... And if a 9 year old that can't assemble a differential is a reason behind a new design, than Idiocracy indeed is a documentary.

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

Not to sound harsh, but if assembling diffs is too hard, than maybe you have an issue... And if a 9 year old that can't assemble a differential is a reason behind a new design, than Idiocracy indeed is a documentary.

Perhaps he has damaged nerves on some fingers...only he know what he meant with that post