Don’t too rely on those leaked info and keep on rolling speculation or wishlist out there.

Stick back to discussion and we’re just about 1 month away from official announcement now... ???? Cheers

On 10/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, dimaks13 said:

According to a leak on insta, the Ultimate car of next year is...

"The Fast and the Furious"-branded 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST.

o_o

Actually now I see that Dimaks already posted a rumour like this almost 2 weeks ago.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is gonna be running 3 Honda Civic's with spoon engines. On top of that he just came into Harry's and ordered 3 t66 turbo's with NOS's and a Motec System Exhaust. 

If they do make the eclipse I wonder what spec they will go with; the real auto salon version or the Wishlist they describe in the film? Not to mention... NOS!!!!!

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh jesus, what a horribly ugly car :cry_sad:

Completely agree. Though it took me 20 years to appreciate the body lines of the mk4 Supra, so who knows, the new one might grow on me but not holding my breath. They destroyed it with the ugly hoodline in my opinion. Among other things. I'm curious to see what the next generation 86/BRZ will bring though.

Edited by zoo

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

42093, is that you? :laugh:

That car surely looks like 42093 more than Corvette does...

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

12 hours ago, zoo said:

Completely agree. Though it took me 20 years to appreciate the body lines of the mk4 Supra, so who knows, the new one might grow on me but not holding my breath. They destroyed it with the ugly hoodline in my opinion. Among other things. I'm curious to see what the next generation 86/BRZ will bring though.

I think you are the only one in the international car community to dislike the MK4 and MK5 Supra. Those cars are great, and their engines are some of the best engines ever made. A 2GZ takes 700HP on stock bottom and the B58 might takes over a thousand HP still on stock bottom...

found a list on a dutch site (https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-sets-2020/)

• LEGO Technic 42101 Beach Buggy
  • LEGO Technic 42102 Claas Xerion
  • LEGO Technic 42103 Dragster
  • LEGO Technic 42104 Racing Truck
  • LEGO Technic 42105 ?
  • LEGO Technic 42106 Stunt Truck and Motorcycle
  • LEGO Technic 42107 ?
  • LEGO Technic 42108 Crane Truck
  • LEGO Technic 42109 Top Gear Lancia Delta
  • LEGO Technic 42111 Fast & Furious Car
  • LEGO Technic 42112 ?
  • LEGO Technic 42113 ?
  • LEGO Technic 42114 ?
  • LEGO Technic 42115 ?

Top gear lancia delta... my words that would be awesome

EDIT: the delta would be the RC car, bummer, i dont care about those at all

Edited by vectormatic

4 wheels drive and turbo charged engine...

???

Edited by steph77

16 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I don't understand what the Top Gear licence could bring to a Lego set. The Lancia licence should be enough.

True, same thing goes for the 42111 F&F car if it is "just" a new Toyota Supra.

I guess: marketing. Top Gear and F&F are well known brands among non LEGO fans, which will help to advertise.

Perhaps due to LEGO movie theme there is cheaper license or even inclooded into? Time will tell...

I think it’s likely that this is a case of Top Gear and F&F riding off the Lego brand name, and as such I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re paying Lego to promote them.

52 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I don't understand what the Top Gear licence could bring to a Lego set. The Lancia licence should be enough.

Me neither, as others have said, its probably TG trying to pull themselves up by the Lancia and Lego brands. AFAIK TG never did anything spectacular to a Delta which would make a model stand out as "that TG car", so they couldve just sold it as a lancia delta without the TG license.

Makes me wonder though, will this be an AWD RC car?

Extra license with world known name will attract new Potential buyers. Extra promotion using TopGear and FnF official and fan resources  + new clients. This is very efficient  and organical than just paying media resources for promotion simple LEGO sets without any other brands than LEGO...

42 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Makes me wonder though, will this be an AWD RC car?

Hmm with 463 parts...?

Expecting somewhat the size of the 42093, a steering+diff in the front axle (11 studs between wheels) should be no problem. But knowing TLG, my guess would be a 2WD playable car: The control+ hub will be installed in the cabin, one motor for steering in the front, one motor for driving in the back. Maybe small fenders in white, if they go with the Rally version. I doubt the possibility to include a suspension of any kind...

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

The control+ hub will be installed in the cabin

Maybe 42109 will be the debut of a smaller smart hub and smaller motors.

I've noticed an interesting trend so far that all of the largest licensed car sets have been similar to MOCs built by Sheepo.

2016 -- 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 by Lego compared to Porsche 911 Cabriolet by Sheepo

2018 -- 42083 Bugatti Chiron compared to Bugatti Veyron 16.4

2019 -- 42110 Land Rover Defender (new gen) compared to Land Rover Defender 110

2020 -- ?

A red Mustang or BMW i8 would put 42115 inline with this trend

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Maybe 42109 will be the debut of a smaller smart hub and smaller motors.

There's a 2 port hub with AAA batteries and 2 types of M motors available. They won't work for steering though, at least one L motor is needed for that.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

There's a 2 port hub with AAA batteries and 2 types of M motors available. They won't work for steering though, at least one L motor is needed for that.

So I assume L-motor has position sensor and m-motor does not...

There are two kinds of PUp M-motors: the "dumb" motor that comes with WeDo 2.0 and the Batmobile, which doesn't have position encoding, and the "smart" motor that comes with Boost, which does have position encoding.