7 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Either way, i think we can all agree that recently lego is indeed bumping into the limits of set-size with technic.

+1

Bumping the limits of...

• how much I'm prepared to pay for a Lego set
  • how much time it takes to build, and when the fun runs out
  • how fun the model is to play with / how well it performs, bigger isn't always better
  • how much space the model takes up to store

And most of all, how much my wife is going to troll me about buying more Lego.  'It cost how much?'

Fortunately, smaller sets are available :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

4k parts does not always mean a huge model.

But historically it basically has.

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

4k parts does not always mean a huge model.

Agree, I have the same thought.

Remember last year when 42082 has it first image, many people said the set does not look like having 4000 pieces.

It’s all up to the designer that how sophisticated the gearbox section to be.

And yet, size of the model can be big with very low piece count.

3 hours ago, Technicallism said:

[...] many people said the set does not look like having 4000 pieces [...]

Many people say the Earth is flat.

The preliminary pictures of 42082 had no meter of comparison, so an untrained eye could be easily deceived. This video, on the other hand, shows how 42055, 42082 and 42100 are all quite close in size, with 42082 clearly being the densest build.

I find it a little disappointing about the price range and the smartphone-only compatibility of the new large sets. I like them (and love the new parts!) but they are too large and expensive. Maybe in the future LEGO will release the new parts in smaller sets,.

According to a leak on insta, the Ultimate car of next year is...

"The Fast and the Furious"-branded 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST.

o_o

8 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

o_o

Lol I would be very doubtful that the F&F license fits within TLC's values.

2 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Lol I would be very doubtful that the F&F license fits within TLC's values.

To be fair they released a Stranger Things set this year that almost everyone doubted to be real exactly for that reason.

55 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Lol... apart from not being red and no scissor doors (which can be a fake leak anyway) I don't think TLG has interest in making a supercar from a 18 year old movie that only had a minor role in it.

45 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Lol... apart from not being red and no scissor doors (which can be a fake leak anyway) I don't think TLG has interest in making a supercar from a 18 year old movie that only had a minor role in it.

Yeah, unless it's making a prominent return in next year's movie then I don't really see how the leak could be possible.

That being said if it turns out to be true I'll eat my words.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

o_o

Has this particular leaker leaked reliable info on the past?

This seems unlikely. Most licensed Technic sets have depicted very modern vehicles. I don't expect them to make al classic car at this point, especially for a model without a direct successor and an automaker that TLC has never worked with.

However, they sort of have a precedent with the Creator 007 Aston Martin of releasing a car with both a manufacturer and a movie license, so I don't see that part as much of a strech. The double license can also bring fans from both properties to the set.

But, as always, don't forget the grain of salt.

LOL, going from the most hardcore roadcar porsche offers (at the time anyway), to the pinacle of cars that is the Chiron, and now a riced out FWD mistubishi from 25 years ago.

I could see them doing a car like that for a succesor to the ZR1, but no way is that thing worth a 4000 part set.

On the other hand, lego's infinite looping around shifting gearboxes would finally make sense :laugh:

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

Lol.

@kbalage really like your high quality video reviews because you always come up with thoughts I can fully agree with. The new one about the 3 Technic beasts is no exception. To be honest I miss such reviews when (real LEGO) models in the same category are compared at the end. Back in the good old days, when Balkbird had all the Technic models from the past, he could do such kind of thing but I know how space consumer is to keep built the official models and probably most of them just reused in different MOCs. :classic:  I've just planned to add these biggest Technic models into my collection gallery and now I can see how they will look next to each other. Thanks. :thumbup:

Edited by Interceptor

4 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Has this particular leaker leaked reliable info on the past?

Personally I don't remember cases when he was wrong.

35 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Personally I don't remember cases when he was wrong.

Well, that would avoid the need for a sequential gearbox at least. Looking forward to see how they delivery the nitros.

Hmm... doesn’t exactly scream “Ultimate” to me. I’ve been thinking, maybe it’s the Top Gear car? 

What if the only reliable part of the leak is that is a Fast and Furious movie car?

Gathering all the information till now we get: F&F, red car, scissor/ wing doors. All this equals Lykan HyperSport

Just now, kuja2015 said:

What if the only reliable part of the leak is that is a Fast and Furious movie car?

Gathering all the information till now we get: F&F, red car, scissor/ wing doors. All this equals Lykan HyperSport

8448 is probably a close enough version, even if it is RWD.

38 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Hmm... doesn’t exactly scream “Ultimate” to me. I’ve been thinking, maybe it’s the Top Gear car? 

Top Gear car is the 1H RC car.

8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

... "The Fast and the Furious"-branded 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST.  ...

No disrespect to the "source", but I find this very hard to believe. It is a relatively unknown car from a not-so-recent movie, which is not really good looking (in my opinion). But we have seen Technic sets from the tuning scene before, so you can't completely rule it out:

8649-0000-xx-13-1.jpg