I'm expecting TLG to blow the backhoe past the 4108 piece count to make it the next "set with the highest piece count thus far" by including 100-200 ish fluff pieces and an auxillary handheld pneumatic controller made out of system bricks.

39 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Woo! Backhoe! Been going on seven years since the last. Can the B-model please be a combine harvester like 8862? :excited:

Well in that case only Tribine combine harvester is an option because it has all four tires same size...

Tribine-DSC_0074.jpg

As allways, don't forget to take everything with a grain of salt. For instance, we don't even have descriptions for the 1H sets!

2 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

42115 Ultimate: unknown license but wingdoors and red. Price, scale and piece count similar Bugatti

What do you mean with "wingdoors"? Gull-wing doors? In that case, wikipedia only lists two current production cars with gull-wing doors: the Pagani Huayra and the Tesla Model X.

3 hours ago, Kaanere said:

As allways, don't forget to take everything with a grain of salt. For instance, we don't even have descriptions for the 1H sets!

A very large grain of salt I'd say. I have four reasons to doubt this new info: no 1H descriptions; 2H descriptions at this time without even any finalized names; that backhoe set is like one of the most desired sets which kinda makes it look like a wishful thinking; and another reason that I won't specify for now.

3 hours ago, Kaanere said:

What do you mean with "wingdoors"? Gull-wing doors? In that case, wikipedia only lists two current production cars with gull-wing doors: the Pagani Huayra and the Tesla Model X.

Salt discussions aside, if lego were to do a GT3RS/Chiron succesor, the only way i could see them make a red one is if its a ferrari, anything else (Especially a lambo, those should be orange, yellow, green or whatever, just not red) would be plain wrong.

The SF90 Stradale has no wing doors though, gull, lambo or enzo style. Maybe the LaFerrari? although that car is getting old

4 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Salt discussions aside, if lego were to do a GT3RS/Chiron succesor, the only way i could see them make a red one is if its a ferrari, anything else (Especially a lambo, those should be orange, yellow, green or whatever, just not red) would be plain wrong.

The SF90 Stradale has no wing doors though, gull, lambo or enzo style. Maybe the LaFerrari? although that car is getting old

Were there any hypercars that came out at the same time 42083 was released, that had wingdoors and featured prominently in red?

5 hours ago, vectormatic said:

OD-AS860_CAR1_G_20120808114632.jpg

Dark red is still red :wink: (pardon me if it's actually some obscure shade of orange).

But still, the grain of salt.

Edited by Kaanere

I don't see TLG making a Lamborghini in red either, but then again the Aventador replacement is due very soon and that could debut in red. It could also be something unexpected like the Ford GT or the new Jesko. 

A McLaren seems like a perfect fit for the third Ultimate release though, and in the color seen on 42099.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:03 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Full list of 2020

• 42101 Buggy (4w), 117 pieces
  • 42102 Mini Claas Xerion (Tractor), 130 pieces
  • 42013 Dragster (Pb1), 225 pieces
  • 42104 Race Truck (Pb2), 227 pieces
  • 42105 Boat, 404 pieces
  • 42106 Stunt Show Truck & Bike, 610 pieces
  • 42107 Licensed 2W, unknown
  • 42108 Mobile Crane (Construction), 1292 pieces 
  • 42109 R-Car Licenced RC Car (1HY Flagship), 463 pieces
  • 42111 Entertainer
  • 42112 Truck
  • 42113 Air
  • 42114 2HY Flagship
  • 42115 Ultimate

You can never have enough cranes. I really hope it's something like this:setup-mk100-tower-crane.jpg

Having said that, considering it's only 1292 parts I'm not sure they'll be able to incorporate a real self-erecting functionality into the model.

The descriptions of the other 1H models don't really get me excited. Unless they look absolutely gorgeous I doubt I'll buy any of them, which is a good thing since I spend way too much this year.

I'm curious about the backhoe's buckets. Will they be new pieces (I think so) and when Will they be used again.

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Bucket in the back could be reused from 42055

Wouldn't it be too small for a H2 flagship set??

@Kaanere While it's pretty much my favourite car, I really couldn't see TLG making a Huayra - it just doesn't have the same mass appeal that other super/hypercars do. If it had to be red, I could only see it being either a Ferrari, McLaren or Audi R8.

I don't think that the Huayra is really less known than the Chiron. The Huayra would be quite interesting with the special doors, and the rear openable to show the engine.

@Kaanere Looks like a perfect opportunity for lego to make a new colour "dark red"  and use it exclusively for this one car, leaving mod/moccers up the creek without a panel :laugh:

I agree though that the huayra is probably a bit too obscure, the Chiron is the succesor to the Veyron, which was revolutionary and record breaking, and while the Chiron doesnt surpass the Veyron SS in terms of top speed, it is much more powerfull (300 extra HP!), but by contrast pagani isnt breaking any records, and isnt the top echelon of VAG, but some standalone boutique hypercar builder.

Not that i would mind a huayra set though, it is a very cool car (cooler then the 911 or Chiron)

For the new ultimate model I expect a Lamborghini as it is part of the VW group just like the Porsche and the Bugatti.

A backhoe would be great, but I think it is a shame TLG is not doing more with the agricultural theme. When I see that the Combine Harvester by @eric traxhas 1.7 million views, there seems to be enough interest to justify a flagship combine harvester. Lots of functions, lots of bricks. I have always found them extremely cool! I guess I am not the only one, although I consider graders cool as well. ?

An even better idea would be to have a special collaboration with Eric for a special edition. They could plan with other well-known Lego MOCers to have such a special model every two years. We have enough candidates around here!

@WvG_853

About agriculture theme, question is if there is only license for Xerion or for all CLAAS agriculture products; next year completely new Lexion 500, 600, 700 and 800 will hit the market, latest Scorpion is done with cooperation with Liebherr...and we got new small Xerion for next year...

I do not know what exactly would be in 2H despite info on last page but for Lexion terratrac we have all we need; rear CLASS tires and front 4 xl sprotckets in DGB

Just now, I_Igor said:

I do not know what exactly would be in 2H despite info on last page but for Lexion terratrac we have all we need; rear CLASS tires and front 4 xl sprotckets in DGB

We're missing the crawler tracks. Also, wouldn't the model need to be rather gigantic with class tires in the rear?

4 hours ago, zoo said:

We're missing the crawler tracks. Also, wouldn't the model need to be rather gigantic with class tires in the rear?

It would be relatively big, yes...trust me I know, I had made prototype of terratrac for my Moc, but waiting to find solution for both tracks and wheel drive... It would be some 25+ studs wide...

Let’s stop speculating and don’t too much rely on the last page info first, it’s still early to move on but well, every year we’re about going the same cycle

august - new 2H sets release for that year

september - first info leak for next year 1H sets

october - more info about next year 1H

november - official announcement for 1H

december - first info leak for next year 2H set

january - new 1H sets release & set info announcement for 2H at nuremberg international toy fair....

..... keep rollling the cycle...

let’s come back to topic

Edited by Technicallism

BBC Studios has signed a deal with The LEGO Group to launch the first-ever LEGO Technic set inspired by the series “Top Gear.”

The set will be geared for children, ages 9 and above. It will launch globally in early 2020. As a Technic set, it will provide a more-challenging build and include real-life functionality designed after its real-world car counterparts.

“We are extremely excited to have partnered with LEGO Technic,” says Jason Easy, head, licensing, U.K., BBC Studios. “Both brands enjoy a very close relationship with their fans; it’s certainly a natural fit for both, and we’re really looking forward to seeing the LEGO Technic set hit the shelves next year.”