56 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

IMO a telehandler with planetary hubs, Claas wheels, all wheel drive and steering, liftable and extendable arm, etc... would be a more dynamic model... But I think we should post such ideas the the wish topic.

Mm. We do have a mobile crane to get excited about.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, allanp said:

The blade moves up and down very little and swivels a little bit, and can tilt a little bit whilst it drives forward slowly. It just doesn't seem all that dynamic to me.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I am neither a pro-graderist, nor an anti-graderist, but here's some grader functions :wink:

• blade height and tilt angle
  • blade side shift
  • blade rotation (circle)
  • front-wheel oscillation (pendular suspension)
  • front wheel steering
  • frame articulation (combined with steer, the front wheels can be offset substantially to follow a different track from the rear
  • rear wheel chain drive, with independent swing suspension on each side
  • optional rear ripper / scarifier
  • optional ditching / sidewalk snowplough extension
  • engine + transmission
  • rotating light beacon!

Much pneumatics would be needed, the recent long thin cylinders look perfect :wink:
Would my kids want it?  Hard to say :classic: 

Would I buy it as an AFOL? No.  With that much pneumatics would be £200+ :ugh:

8 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Would I buy it as an AFOL? No.  With that much pneumatics would be £200+ :ugh:

Would I want to discuss it? No either. With that much digression Jim would be like :ugh:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Full list of 2020

• 42101 Buggy (4w), 117 pieces
  • 42102 Mini Claas Xerion (Tractor), 130 pieces
  • 42013 Dragster (Pb1), 225 pieces
  • 42104 Race Truck (Pb2), 227 pieces
  • 42105 Boat, 404 pieces
  • 42106 Stunt Show Truck & Bike, 610 pieces
  • 42107 Licensed 2W, unknown
  • 42108 Mobile Crane (Construction), 1292 pieces
  • 42109 R-Car Licenced RC Car (1HY Flagship), 463 pieces
  • 42111 Entertainer
  • 42112 Truck
  • 42113 Air
  • 42114 2HY Flagship
  • 42115 Ultimate
Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

36 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Full list of 2020

• 42101 Buggy (4w), 117 pieces
  • 42102 Mini Claas Xerion (Tractor), 130 pieces
  • 42013 Dragster (Pb1), 225 pieces
  • 42104 Race Truck (Pb2), 227 pieces
  • 42105 Boat, 404 pieces
  • 42106 Stunt Show Truck & Bike, 610 pieces
  • 42107 2W, unknown
  • 42108 Mobile Crane (Construction), 1292 pieces
  • 42109 R-Car Licenced RC Car (1HY Flagship), 463 pieces
  • 42111 Entertainer
  • 42112 Truck
  • 42113 Air
  • 42114 2HY Flagship
  • 42115 Ultimate

summarized information; but until some official images are not published I'll be in safe mode :wink:

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:
  • 42111 Entertainer
  • 42112 Truck
  • 42113 Air
  • 42114 2HY Flagship
  • 42115 Ultimate

Ok second half will be way more interesting :D

An aircraft that is in the league of 2H runner up, like 42042, 42054, 42069, 42081, must be at least 1100 pieces. I think it will be similar to previous 1H aircraft flagship (42025, 42052, 42066). 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

42108: If so, I will definitely buy it. I just loved 8053, and regret selling it.

42107: 2W(heels) - might be a new motorcycle

Perhaps Mini Xerion and smaller mobile crane (if it will use "off-highway" tires) could share new small tractor tires...

17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I also expect a dumb battery box for control+ in 2020

Really hope so - I know I sound so old I already had false teeth when the Dead Sea was alive and kicking but I like the good ol' single motor connected to a distribution gearbox.

42107 is Licensed btw. So it's most likely a licensed motorbike. Hopefully it'll use the new rim from Harley Davidson Fat Boy.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42107 is Licensed btw. So it's most likely a licensed motorbike. Hopefully it'll use the new rim from Harley Davidson Fat Boy.

Hm imagine this one

P90351229-bmw-motorrad-concept-r18-379px

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps Mini Xerion and smaller mobile crane (if it will use "off-highway" tires) could share new small tractor tires...

Yes, please :-)

I am also puzzle about the 42109 R-Car Licenced RC Car (1HY Flagship). With only 463 pieces, I can't be bigger than the 42093 Corvette (579 pieces). Maybe an old Audi Quattro Rally Car? I mean TLG used older car types for Creator Expert series, why not for Technic? In my opinion, a RC Racing car like a Porsche with just steering & acceleration would be a little bit boring...

I'm curious about 42113 air. Being one of the largest sets of the year I'm thinking/hoping for a complex mechanically authentic helicopter. 

46 minutes ago, allanp said:

I'm curious about 42113 air. Being one of the largest sets of the year I'm thinking/hoping for a complex mechanically authentic helicopter. 

Could also be a complex pneumatic set.

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Yes, please :-)

I am also puzzle about the 42109 R-Car Licenced RC Car (1HY Flagship). With only 463 pieces, I can't be bigger than the 42093 Corvette (579 pieces). Maybe an old Audi Quattro Rally Car? I mean TLG used older car types for Creator Expert series, why not for Technic? In my opinion, a RC Racing car like a Porsche with just steering & acceleration would be a little bit boring...

Actually RC car has functions like 42099 set. It does not mean that it must be small like Corvette since 42099 has less than 1000 pieces... we'll see in a few months

2 hours ago, pleegwat said:

At first I though you were taking the mickey out of my want for all things pneumatic, then I made the connection between "air" and pneumatics :laugh: . But yeah, I (clearly) didn't think of that. We're due a pneumatic set (well from my point of view we should have one every 6 months!) so yeah, could be. 

17 hours ago, allanp said:

I think the 2020 2H flagship is a pneumatic set. For me it is a logical step after many Control+ stuff this year. In 2020 we will see not many construction equipment except the mobile crane in 1H, so I bet the 2H flagship is a backhoe-loader full of pneumatics with the new valves, powered with one Control+ motor and simple battery box.

Allow me a look back at 2019 in this 2020 topic: I must admit that the 2019 Technic line-up leaves me a bit deflated. I have struggled to get my finger on the issue but I think I have figured it out: I dare to state that TLG is losing sight of its building philosophy, which according to me is this: Making sets based on a future-proof building system with unlimited possibilities that stimulates creativity. I have several reasons for this claim:

1. Restrictions lead to creative solutions:  Sets become bigger simply for the sake of bigger models and although I like an impressive sized model as much as the next AFOL, I think we tend to forget that creative spark that comes from the need to find a functional solution in a restricted building volume.  The (more or less) direct drive of functions and the huge internal volume in the models reduce the need for clever building techniques and creative drive train solutions. And these two aspects are the ones I enjoy the most during the building experience and are the most important contribution to becoming a better builder.
  2. Modify the things you don’t like becomes increasingly difficult: Either the colour of the model seriously limits the amount of bricks available like in the new Defender or the restrictions of the Control+ app is prohibitive for any serious functional modifications like in the Liebherr. The 42099 is the worst offender since it suffers from both issues. Regarding the colors: I know we AFOLs have cried for years for a more divers colour palette besides yellow construction equipment and red cars, but the pendulum has swung too far, where it now restricts building options in certain sets very much.
  3. The dependency of a smartphone and app is a no-go for me.  It goes against the principles of a timeless building system: It was once the intention that new bricks should always be compatible with bricks from the sixties and seventies. For physical bricks, this is still largely true but in my opinion, electric and electronic components should obey this rule as well, which they did up to now. The new Control + system means that from now on these bricks are inevitably bound to the world of smartphones and apps, which evolve and age at a much, much faster rate. I think it’s inevitable that at some point in the future, there will come a point where your expensive Liebherr model will become an inert statue because there is no longer any supported app or phone to control it. Read this article about the McLaren F1 car for an illustration of what I mean: https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/3/11576032/mclaren-f1-compaq-laptop-maintenance.
  4. More and more sets without B-models: it is probably not a big deal to most, but a good B-model has convinced me to buy a new set twice in the past. Heck, I even bough the Mack three times (for the A, B and C models). A good B-model illustrates the creativity of TLG designers and the flexibility of the building system. Doing away with them, for whatever reasons, is in my eyes an illustration of shifting priorities within TLG.

To end on a positive note: If I have any wishes for the 2020 line-up it's the hope for more good small and medium sized sets, with some clever mechanisms, realistic proportions and some creative B-models. Think along the lines of the 42053 Volvo EW160E, the 9396 Helicopter, the 42054 Xerion and even the 42061Telehandler and I will throw the cash I saved this year at the nearest Lego shop.

Happy building

Edited by Cumulonimbus
typos

5 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

[speaks the truth]

Spot on, mate :wub:

Still, I'll be getting the Liebherr for the parts (once I find it at a decent price) and I'm confident there'll be a "dumb" battery box for the new motors at some point. Also, the new planetary hubs from 42099 are a huge shot in the arm because the turntable-based planetary hubs never really cut it for me, especially on heavier models, and the new CV joints are a big improvement on the old ones.