On 7/17/2019 at 9:31 AM, dimaks13 said:

There's a set from unknown theme that I suppose might be Mindstorms. Here's why: nice set number (51515) which is completely one-off and 10+ age rating.

Mindstorms EV3 has the set number 31313, 51515 would fit the numbering scheme as well as the timeline for the EV3 successor. 

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Mindstorms EV3 has the set number 31313, 51515 would fit the numbering scheme as well as the timeline for the EV3 successor. 

Indeed, although I'm looking forward to a new mindstorms set, I'm also curious. I hope the motors, and sensors, are smaller than the EV3, as well as the smart brick. Looking at the upcoming control+ elements I certainly hope they are compatible (and not Yet-Another-Elecrical-System). Furthermore, I also hope they add extra features not present in the EV3, although not really sure what that could be. Native Python support would be great, and actually feasible given the micro python release for EV3 by TLG. Finally, the Liebherr is a bit steep at 450€, I hope the 51515 will be a bit lower in price.

So far for my ideal-world expectations ;) Can't wait for more details!

Looking at this list, I am missing a motorized Liebherr haul truck as a companion for the 42100 :-/

How cool would it be to control both just by switching a channel :wub_drool:

Outside of the US no one cares that much about pickups especially to the extent we may get a licensed model of one.

one of the guys at work had a ram and it looked silly next to my MX5!

On 7/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jundis said:

Looking at this list, I am missing a motorized Liebherr haul truck as a companion for the 42100 :-/

How cool would it be to control both just by switching a channel :wub_drool:

Sorry for late reply; but usually there is at least of 2 years (or more) span between releases of two licensed sets (of the same brand)

Mercedes - 2011 and 2015

Volvo - 2014, 2016 and 2018

CLAAS - 2016 - 2020

Porsche - 2016 - 2018 (we can incloode here Bugatti...)

This is situation so far...but there can always be a change in future, but change could be better or worse...

So far I'm hoping that Xerion is not pocket size, but has some 56mm tires...

Edited by I_Igor

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Sorry for late reply; but usually there is at least of 2 years (or more) span between releases of two licensed sets (of the same brand)

Hmm normally, that wouldn't be a concern for me. But the 42100 really screams for a big haul truck like:

https://thelegocarblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/094715s4mkm2mgmgxb5xd4.jpg

Maybe I should start with a MOC myself, enough white pieces should be available...

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Maybe I should start with a MOC myself, enough white pieces should be available...

Suggestion - you could make it based on 94.3 x 38 tires to fit the scale (and make it fully RC...or use 42099 set parts for it...)

Edited by I_Igor

It would feel like a cop-out if TLG put balloon tyres on the Mini Xerion, especially seeing that the larger version introduced the tractor tyres.

57 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It would feel like a cop-out if TLG put balloon tyres on the Mini Xerion, especially seeing that the larger version introduced the tractor tyres.

I agree, but there is also a possibility to have "kommunal" tractor and they use tires with industrial pattern and LEGO "surprises" us with 49.5 tires...

...and smaller tractor tires could be reused in other themes like city... Ninjago...

Edited by I_Igor

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I agree, but there is also a possibility to have "kommunal" tractor and they use tires with industrial pattern and LEGO "surprises" us with 49.5 tires...

...and smaller tractor tires could be reused in other themes like city... Ninjago...

Not sure the Xerion would be the best choice for a municipal tractor, especially given its size, power and the fact that it could probably level an entire city centre. *huh*

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not sure the Xerion would be the best choice for a municipal tractor, especially given its size, power and the fact that it could probably level an entire city centre. *huh*

Agree, that is why there are smaller and more manuverable systems tractors like JCB Fastrac 4000 series or SynTrac...Xerion is simply to big for that (and with width much over 2550mm it is unpractical for public roads, not to mention city roads)

10 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I think we've seen some stranger things in the city than a big tractor... 6346 Space Shuttle Truck for example :laugh:

But still, small tractor tires would be very nice and way better than the tires for the 7634..

3 minutes ago, Jundis said:

But still, small tractor tires would be very nice and way better than the tires for the 7634..

Based on parts count I assume it will be similar size like (city) 60181 set

18 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Mercedes - 2011 and 2015

Volvo - 2014, 2016 and 2018

CLAAS - 2016 - 2018

Porsche - 2016 - 2018 (we can incloode here Bugatti...)

This is situation so far...but there can always be a change in future, but change could be better or worse...

So far I'm hoping that Xerion is not pocket size, but has some 56mm tires...

Sorry, where did you find CLAAS at 2018???

Just now, Technicallism said:

Sorry, where did you find CLAAS at 2018???

You're right I was referring to upcoming year 2020. Thanks for correction :thumbup:

Just wishful thinking, but maybe with the 42105 (404 pieces) we get a boat with a little more functions. I'd really hope they try to recreate the Voith-Schneider propellor in some sort of tugboat. IMHO most 'normal' boats don't really have interesting functions for a technic model, so there really is a need for something like additional cranes (42064).

25 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Just wishful thinking, but maybe with the 42105 (404 pieces) we get a boat with a little more functions. I'd really hope they try to recreate the Voith-Schneider propellor in some sort of tugboat. IMHO most 'normal' boats don't really have interesting functions for a technic model, so there really is a need for something like additional cranes (42064). 

Not a chance imho, advanced features arent really a thing in small sets anyway, and i wouldnt know how to create a VSP in technic. And even then, it isnt an obvious mechanism, so the target market for these sets (kids 8-12 i suppose, for a 400 part set) wouldnt know WTF they just built, and why their cool looking tugboat has these weird rotating prongs sticking out the bottom. I'd sooner expect a variable pitch propellor/rotor on some aircraft/helo then something as exotic looking like a VSP (cool stuff by the way though, didnt know that was a thing)

46 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

i wouldnt know how to create a VSP in technic

It is possible, though: I remember seeing instructions for one many years ago, even before LDraw existed. I can't find them online now, but I think I have them saved somewhere in my home computer.

15 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Not a chance imho, advanced features arent really a thing in small sets anyway

Hmm sadly, this seems right looking at the MOCs with VSP. But TLG did have sets with seaworthy hulls, although many years ago.

Still I hope they really try to create something innovative in contrast to the typical 2 pullback cars every two years, 2+ racing cars of some type and 1 helicopter/jet every year. On the other side, maybe only my adult mind speaking here... 

23 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Not a chance imho, advanced features arent really a thing in small sets anyway, and i wouldnt know how to create a VSP in technic. And even then, it isnt an obvious mechanism, so the target market for these sets (kids 8-12 i suppose, for a 400 part set) wouldnt know WTF they just built, and why their cool looking tugboat has these weird rotating prongs sticking out the bottom. I'd sooner expect a variable pitch propellor/rotor on some aircraft/helo then something as exotic looking like a VSP (cool stuff by the way though, didnt know that was a thing)

This. TLG always has to consider how appealing the proposed features are for target audience (=kids), especially for non-flagship sets (which seem to be more AFOL-oriented nowdays). Given that even very few adults have any idea what VSP is, there's really no chance something like that could be realized in an official set. I also believe it would have to be an actually floating boat, one that you can take out in a bathtub or a pool to see it working, and there's no way TLG would engineer the necessary new parts for it, especially watertight motors and battery boxes.

That being said, I would love to see some kind of functionally interesting boat (way too long since 8839) and generally I like anything that's not another car, truck or construction machinery.