Eoin Wallace

AoM Tower Phase III-Escaping Mitgardia

previously

It had been a very long ordeal that led to this, as well as a very sad one for Erdan that had led to his decision to leaving Mitgardia. Mitgardia had been his home for all his life! He had never even left, but now as an outlaw he had to.

Summer Joust-Dwarven Watchtower

He had disguised himself with a dark cloak so nobody could catch him. He decided that when he got to where ever he was going he would probably take a job as a hired sword or bounty hunter, at least it would pay well.

Summer Joust-Dwarven WatchtowerSummer Joust-Dwarven Watchtower

C&C welcome, see ya next time! :dhappy:

Nice tower.  I really like your battlements on the top.  The land slopes very nicely.  I like the tree in the corner.  Nice boat.  Good looking figs too.

Is this... is this... is this vignette? Man, you've crammed so many things in such a small space! That ship is cute, two lovely minifigs for such a tiny MOC, and the tower (moreover angled) is pretty solid. Very nice!

45 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Nice tower.  I really like your battlements on the top.  The land slopes very nicely.  I like the tree in the corner.  Nice boat.  Good looking figs too.

28 minutes ago, Aine said:

Is this... is this... is this vignette? Man, you've crammed so many things in such a small space! That ship is cute, two lovely minifigs for such a tiny MOC, and the tower (moreover angled) is pretty solid. Very nice!

Thanks a lot! here is a picture of the technique I used to angle the tower:

Angeled tower technique

I'm using 2 by 4 angled plates to create a little resting space for the tower. It's a technique I haven't seen anywhere else so I thought i'd share.

Oh, so the tower is just sitting freely? Or do some studs connect?

On 7/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, Aine said:

Oh, so the tower is just sitting freely? Or do some studs connect?

No I just slide it on.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:06 AM, W Navarre said:

Great detail of dwarven fashion on the tower! 

Thank you :classic:

On 7/16/2019 at 9:13 AM, BrickofTime said:

Brilliant small build. Which Minifig head is that?

Thank you, on which minifig?

Great build to highlight the usefulness of wedge plates! Both for the dwarven detailing on the tower, and setting it at an angle in the landscape :thumbup:

Lovely rockwork too :dsweet:

How did I miss commenting on this?  This is a great little scene.  Very nice representation of the scene without being outlandishly large.  I love how the tower is set at a slight angle to the water.  It really breaks up the 'grid' effect of a standard baseplate.  You did a great job letting the purple arm poke out from under the cloak to help identify the figure and provide continuity to the previous stories you've posted--well done!  The use of the wedge plates for the corner crenelations is very nice, and I really like how you incorporated the lion's heads.  Those things are kind of goofy with the way they stick out on top and can be hard to incorporate into a structure without making them look funky, but you did a great job.  I think the water looks good if it's supposed to be a river; I'd be a little more skeptical if it's an ocean, as the waves usually destroy more of the shoreline near it, but it's not clear to me which it is by the description, so I'm assuming it's a river by the way it's built.  In any case, very nice work, and I'm looking forward to more of the saga!