Sign in to follow this  
mouseketeer

[MOC] Modular Red Car Trolley Station

Here's my newest custom Modular design - a Modular Red Car Trolley Station! Inspired by the pueblo deco architecture of 1920s Los Angeles, this Red Car Trolley Station brings a new form of transportation to the LEGO Modulars! The first floor lobby includes a busy ticket office, luggage storage, telephones, and lockers, with an external staircase heading up to the platform. There, passengers can head through the glass doors to a waiting room, with a coffee bar and times board. The Red Car Trolley runs on LEGO train track, and includes opening double doors on each side. Back at ground level, there's also a street-accessible newsagents underneath the viaduct.

More photos are available on my Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/146006635@N03/albums/72157709617526541

48273739011_a071226bd6_c.jpgModular Red Car Trolley Station by inklingbricks, on Flickr

48273737631_a0ddcd3700_c.jpgModular Red Car Trolley Station by inklingbricks, on Flickr

48273818912_02a573c9fc_c.jpgModular Red Car Trolley Station by inklingbricks, on Flickr

48273812997_b6f0a245af_c.jpgModular Red Car Trolley Station by inklingbricks, on Flickr

Wow, that's a unique design! It strays away from the conventional construction of modular buildings. Great shaping and the colors are amazing, especially with the small amount of blue. Great concept! :thumbup:

This actually fits quite well as an EL train.  How did you achieve the micro trolly on the building ?

Looks very nice. I like the whole 'street'. Looks like a bit of the syle of those modulair buildings but than a mini version :classic:

Colors are a nice combination and I think the color of the station fits real good. Great detail of the train above the entrance too, and nice tree. Looks like it's a nice temperture/climate there.