pantelis

[Moc] ''Tournament is back again''

Hi to all castle friends ,

I want to share my last classic castle creation.

This moc inspired me from a lovely classic set the 1584.

So we have a tournament again with the lions and the black falcons great knights!!

I make a castle for the scene , a guarded inn that i make some months ago and some of the lovely classic minifigs that  lego give as a long years ago!!

Also i use for the backround paper with the colors of the old lego catalogs to give some retro classic castle fealing!!!

48258553491_934f883783_b.jpg

48258624542_5ddb47a0f7_h.jpg

48258557561_13bf92e837_h.jpg

2019-07-11_10-19-15

48258559896_1974f20c77_b.jpg

48259503901_1d79cfd83c_b.jpg

48259497921_a63fd41503_o.jpg

48259568777_822a28a98b_b.jpg

48259493281_9117f317de_o.jpg

Wow, another beautiful build! My only idea is to lengthen the jousting area,right now they wouldn't have enough distance to accelerate into full speed.
The castle is amazing. I love how the soldiers are crammed on the platform, exactly like they were depicted in medieval paintings of siege warfare! :-)
belfry.gif

Edited by Aine

Fantastic work! I love the modern spin on a very Clasic Castle feel. I agree with Aine that the jousting area needs a bit of lengthening. And wow that tower is tall!

13 hours ago, Aine said:

Wow, another beautiful build! My only idea is to lengthen the jousting area,right now they wouldn't have enough distance to accelerate into full speed.
The castle is amazing. I love how the soldiers are crammed on the platform, exactly like they were depicted in medieval paintings of siege warfare! :-)
belfry.gif

As always Aine gives me a powerful feedback!!! Mmm yes thats the true.. I have to give them some space for the tournament battle!!!! 

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Fantastic work! I love the modern spin on a very Clasic Castle feel. I agree with Aine that the jousting area needs a bit of lengthening. And wow that tower is tall!

Thank you KotZ for your feedback.. Yes that i say to Aine i give them some space with a 16X32 base plate!! 

You're welcome! Btw, I really love the top photo and the soldiers, it's got an amazing feeling, they are all crammed together like a real-life crowd would be. They are not merely standing there, they are enthusiastically watching the duel.
Oh, and the next thing that I also really like is the general 1980's feel, especially the new yellow background is cool!

Edited by Aine

Yep, pantelis has indeed a recognizable and lovely style! If LEGO started to make these castles, I'd buy them without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Aine said:

You're welcome! Btw, I really love the top photo and the soldiers, it's got an amazing feeling, they are all crammed together like a real-life crowd would be. They are not merely standing there, they are enthusiastically watching the duel.
Oh, and the next thing that I also really like is the general 1980's feel, especially the new yellow background is cool!

Thats the true my friend Aine.. This is the story behind this creation. I dont know why but i think the 80s and the 90s sets of lego especially the castle sets was the most romantic!! 

1 hour ago, Boindil Lego said:

This is very nice. I love the old school look.

Iam very glad for your good comment Boindil Lego. I hope you like it.. 

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Yep, pantelis has indeed a recognizable and lovely style! If LEGO started to make these castles, I'd buy them without hesitation.

Hahaha.. Thank you so much..the firts set it weel be a gift for my friend Aine!!! 

Very nice work!  I always enjoy seeing your builds here.  They are so reminiscent of the 'classic' castle builds while still keeping current with new parts and building techniques.  I love this build as it reminds me of a mix of the Guarded Inn and the Knight's Challenge.  Awesome job!

14 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice work!  I always enjoy seeing your builds here.  They are so reminiscent of the 'classic' castle builds while still keeping current with new parts and building techniques.  I love this build as it reminds me of a mix of the Guarded Inn and the Knight's Challenge.  Awesome job!

Thank you very much for your comment Grover. I am glad that you feel the resto classic style that i want to give and from this moc..

I just want to chime in and say that I like it. I was always fond of the simplicity of the old castle themes and I think you captured that while utilizing updated bricks and techniques. It really has a nostalgic feel, like those a '90s era catalog/box art displays. The yellow backdrop really sells it too :wink:

Nicely done.  The tower and wall have some great texturing.  I like the snot you have in the base.  Great figs too.

16 hours ago, kurigan said:

I just want to chime in and say that I like it. I was always fond of the simplicity of the old castle themes and I think you captured that while utilizing updated bricks and techniques. It really has a nostalgic feel, like those a '90s era catalog/box art displays. The yellow backdrop really sells it too :wink:

Thanks you kurigan for your comment and your feedback. i hope you enjoy it..!!:classic:

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nicely done.  The tower and wall have some great texturing.  I like the snot you have in the base.  Great figs too.

thank you zoth33 for watching and comment my creation once again..:classic:

That's a great creation, @pantelis! :thumbup:

I really like all these classic minifigures plus the very detailed builds which make it looking very realistic and lovely at the same time.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

That's a great creation, @pantelis! :thumbup:

I really like all these classic minifigures plus the very detailed builds which make it looking very realistic and lovely at the same time.

thank you very much for your feedback Klaus-Dieter!! i hope you enjoy the build of this creation..!!