Umbra-Manis

[MOC] Teddy Bear Nunchucks

I wasn't entirely sure what forum to out this in, but given the outlandish nature of the build it seems most at home here. So as the title would imply, I built nunchucks that have teddy bears for handles. Some people who herd this assumed I was building nunchucks for a teddy bear, so maybe I'll have to do that at some point down the line. This is an idea I've had for a while, and I finally got around to developing the bear to go with the chain. But enough yammering, here's the MOC.

48262385501_25dfe491bc_c.jpg

48262385606_c807989d9d_c.jpg%20

3D View on Mecabricks

C&C Welcome, despite the weird subject matter :tongue:

Lol, what an adorable build. :laugh_hard: Though if you hadn't mention it, I would not have guessed it's a nunchuck. It looks more like two teddy bear keychains connected to each other. Perhaps what will make it look more like a nunchuck would be smaller chain links and a lot more of them, plus a long handle with a teddy bear head at the top or bottom. 

Otherwise, it's a fun little build! :thumbup:

(Is that the Mecabricks Advanced add-on I see there O_O !?)

So... I'm not sure where that came from or why you decided to build it... but it's awesome (and adorable)!  :sweet:

Nice build on the bears themselves, and the chain is well done.  As ExeSandbox noted, it could be a little smaller in comparison to the bears, but this is somewhat uncharted territory so who's to say what the correct scale is?  I will say that I don't know how easy it will be to grip those bears during pitched combat, though!  :laugh:

Very fun!

So, you hold one of the bears, swing the chain, and hit your opponent with the other bear, right? I love it. It's something profoundly silly, done with great skill and seriousness. 

Imagine getting hit with a stuffed animal. :laugh: This is great, what a creative build. I want to know how this idea came about. It’s so out there. 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:07 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Lol, what an adorable build. :laugh_hard: Though if you hadn't mention it, I would not have guessed it's a nunchuck. It looks more like two teddy bear keychains connected to each other. Perhaps what will make it look more like a nunchuck would be smaller chain links and a lot more of them, plus a long handle with a teddy bear head at the top or bottom. 

Otherwise, it's a fun little build! :thumbup:

(Is that the Mecabricks Advanced add-on I see there O_O !?)

Thank you! The chain is a fair bit older than the bear model (which I just finished), so it might have predated the introduction of the 1x1 technic beam. I might try halving the length of each straight side on the chain though. 

On 7/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, deraven said:

So... I'm not sure where that came from or why you decided to build it... but it's awesome (and adorable)!  :sweet:

Nice build on the bears themselves, and the chain is well done.  As ExeSandbox noted, it could be a little smaller in comparison to the bears, but this is somewhat uncharted territory so who's to say what the correct scale is?  I will say that I don't know how easy it will be to grip those bears during pitched combat, though!  :laugh:

Very fun!

Thanks! Well if they were stuffed instead of plastic, then they would be squishy enough to grab wherever I guess :tongue:

On 7/12/2019 at 2:10 PM, Retro said:

So, you hold one of the bears, swing the chain, and hit your opponent with the other bear, right? I love it. It's something profoundly silly, done with great skill and seriousness. 

Face full of stuffing :grin:

On 7/12/2019 at 7:20 PM, Vindicare said:

Imagine getting hit with a stuffed animal. :laugh: This is great, what a creative build. I want to know how this idea came about. It’s so out there. 

Honestly I have no idea :laugh: