Boindil Lego

Medieval inn "The Golden Key"

The medieval inn "The Golden Key" is more an illegal gambling hall for the higher class people and other rich creatures, then a inn. It`s is build outside the village. To far to walk, but with a horse you can make the trip in 2 hours. They even have a carriage so you don`t have to use your own. This can come in handy, when you`re, for example, the king and don`t want to be recognized as an addicted gambler. All the staff of the Inn keeper and his wife are Ocerg`s. Green creatures who live in the mountains. Or on the other side of the mountains, nobody really knows. They look aggressive, but the are really loyal. And most important, they can`t talk, write or read. That way all guests are sure that nobody will ever find out they wasted their money on gambling. 

I hope you all like the build! Comments are always welcome.

48024373666_b335fbb455_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (1) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024478152_914f3affe5_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (2) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024402263_fe2a779d9b_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (4) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024379456_3b32c8fede_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (7) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024388951_3db2184a85_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (18) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024398668_b3836fc488_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (20) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48024408423_e8851bc1f4_z.jpg

Medieval inn The Golden Key (11) by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

There are some more pics on Flickr

Fantastic build! I love the story behind it as well. How long did this take you/how many pieces?

Thanks! It took me a year but thats because i don't have a lot of time to build. I have no idea of the number of pieces. I really did not count hehe.

Excellent build.  I really like the rockwork, and the landscaping with all the different flowers and plants.  Nice little stream.  The Inn itself is great, I really like the curved roof.  The stone work on the bottom looks good with wooden upper section.  I like the colors you used for the inn they really work well together.  The story is good and the figs look great too.  

the Only thing I think it's not so ... it's the chariot, I mean the green color. Don't know but it looks not so.
the Rest it looks great, the House itself, the surroundings and stuff. the Roof is one thing I got my eye on right away. the Curve, the colors and stuff it's really cool.

Thanks tot the reactions! To bad you do not like the chariot neonic. I had al lot of fun building it and i think it's not a bad chariot for a first try hehe. But thanks for the compliments on the rest of the building.

This is a beautiful build.  I love the roofline with the sand green, and the natural arch in the mountain is subtle but very nice.  The detail with all the decorations is great, and you made the rockwork look natural, which can be tricky with slopes.  I'm glad you did some interior, too--very cool!  I'd love to see more pictures of the large sweeping staircase around back!

On 7/12/2019 at 4:22 AM, Boindil Lego said:

I hope you all like the build! Comments are always welcome.

This is a very fine build indeed - so it's been posted on the Eurobricks frontpage!

Wauw thank you all for the great reactions. It's a honour for me to be posted on the frontpage with my first real build! When i have the time i wil take some new pictures. I have a new camera now so i was planning on some new pictures anyway. I will make sure to included the staircase. Someone else requests for pictures :wink:?

Stunning build! I've been looking at this for ten minutes now, closely inspecting and zooming in on everything. I absolutely love the huge amount of green used. Very picturesque setting and great amount of detailing. I love how there are plants, flowers and other kinds of vegetation all around the little bridge and over the rocks. Cute little waterfall. The inn itself is absolutely amazing too, I love how you put in windows on every level and how intricately detailed everything is. Just all around beautiful fantasy setting. Thank you for sharing this!

That's an amazing MOC, @Boindil Lego! :thumbup:

I really like how you integrated the inn into the landscape with so many details. I esp. like the hole in the mountain, the bridge over the river and the ornaments on top of the door.

Thank you all for the compliments! I'm glad you all like it. The mountain and the vegetation was a lot more difficult than I expected. But I'm happy with how it works out. The construction of the roof has cost me several evenings to build. I tried 10 different methods i found on the internet but not one was satisfying for me. In the end I found my own technique. The ornaments on top of the door is build in 3 times. At first I had a whole different entree. The bridge was a lucky shot :wink:. I had an idea what worked out great in 1 time. Thanks again for all the great reactions! 

Amazing! Like others, I too like the small details. Especially how you use a wizard hat as blue milk tipping out of the barrel - it looks just perfect!

On 7/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Amazing! Like others, I too like the small details. Especially how you use a wizard hat as blue milk tipping out of the barrel - it looks just perfect!

Thanks you!

On 7/17/2019 at 2:00 PM, AntiZombie said:

Fntastic build! The curved roof is briilant! Absolutley well done! :)

Thanks you!