obijon

[MOC] MINI Ninka Bunker Buster (Ep. VIII)

Hello again everyone

Finally, the house is decorated and I have managed to dig out my LEGO from storage and finish this little model – the Ninka which is one of the capital ships chased down by the First Order in The Last Jedi.

The Ninka is a Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbuster. 

There were a couple of tricky parts to this model.  Firstly how to attach the front side sections and to get the shape.  I settled with the 1x1 round plates without a stud and a couple of grey bars to attach the side parts into some bricks with holes.

Secondly the engine section.  There should be six engines on each side but it took me a while to arrange the parts in such a way so that I could have six engines and keep the shape and most importantly be able to attach them to the main hull!  The first couple of versions only had 3 engines and while this looked good was not accurate.

I am really pleased with how this model turned out.  The few orange parts really make it look cool in my opinion.

Anyway here is the model and let me know what you think.

More MINIs soon.

Jon

ninka1.jpgninka2.jpgninka3.jpgninka4.jpgninka5.jpgninkadisplay.jpg

Edited by obijon

Mini scale models typically tend to look unimpressive, but this model really makes up for it with its awesome sculpting and parts usage! It's so satisfying to looks at! 

The orange and transparent parts helps tremendously in breaking up the monotony of the light gray. Amazing work! :thumbup:

What a great little model! Especially like how you used differently angled pieces and various snot techniques for the uneven texture all over the ship, like using the neck brackets so it’s just slightly raised from the surfaces around it. It’s a good way to get some of the Star Wars beat-up, greebly look when you aren’t working in a scale that lets you do intense detailed greebling. 

Thanks again.  The neck brackets were used so I could attach the 2 1x1 cheese slopes to the engine section.  It is a nice bi-product though.