pjthebeard

New VIP system

i am new here, so here goes:

does anyone have a handle on the new VIP point system? i have lost all my points and customer service just says wait... but there are a few issues, i am looking at the convertion rates and unless i have missed the point(s) they have basically wiped the value of my points...

it used to be 100 points for £5 but now they want 3200 points for £20 voucher?????

i feel betrayed

1 hour ago, pjthebeard said:

it used to be 100 points for £5 but now they want 3200 points for £20 voucher?????

I do hope they convert my existing points into new ones, but not one to one

But even then, if I try to buy something for like €100 , then it says 750 VIP Points will be earned, so the rate of points did increase a lot.

A €350 set like Rollercoaster would earn 2625 new points it says.

I had around 600 points saved up, I really hope I get around 4500 points and not just 600.

Saw this posted on Reddit

$1 = 6.5 VIP points

£1 = 8 VIP points

€1 = 7.5 VIP points

So 400 pounds = 3200 points = 20 pounds voucher.

Likewise for USA a $20 voucher should be 2600 VIP Points, and a €20 voucher should be 3000 VIP points so nothing seems to have changed.

Edited by TeriXeri

The rate appears to be 100 old points is 800 new points.

Someone made a screenshot of rewards, a lot more then just Vouchers :

https://imgur.com/a/6qbdM5X

Park tickets, Discovery Tickets, Sets, Key Rings, Art Prints, Sweepstakes are among the new rewards alongside vouchers.

Reddit dicussion where I found this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/cbiiyn/lego_vip_system_update_discussion/

As for VIP points being gone, and wishlists empty, LEGO is apparently in the process of converting them now.

Edited by TeriXeri

The limited batpod is already out of stock !

yepp, there are so many items that have been sold out, all because some people got their points and some didn't. and thru customer service they really don't seem to care...

My wishlist is empty, but I have 5000 points that I can use to get 50$ off, which makes sense since I used to have 1000 VIP points.

Only place that seems to be working for me is the mobile website, since desktop just keeps loading forever.

It's cool that we can choose new rewards. As long as we get to keep the discounts and our points are properly transfered, I'm happy.

I was briefly able to see my points, I hit the Learn more—sign in to Reward Centre. It showed my name & points, then down the page it showed options of checking rewards or earn rewards & such, but just kept buffering instead of loading. It kicked me back to the main page showing all the VIP stuff...clicking on sign in to Reward Centre just kept rerouting me to the main VIP page....

As long as my VIP dollars are still there, I’m good. I had a good amount saved up.

25 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I was briefly able to see my points, I hit the Learn more—sign in to Reward Centre. It showed my name & points, then down the page it showed options of checking rewards or earn rewards & such, but just kept buffering instead of loading. It kicked me back to the main page showing all the VIP stuff...clicking on sign in to Reward Centre just kept rerouting me to the main VIP page....

As long as my VIP dollars are still there, I’m good. I had a good amount saved up.

I’m having the same problem. I saw my points for about a second before I got booted back to the login screen. I’m kind of worried about it because I have to be able to access the rewards page to actually use them. I’ve sent a message to customer support and hopefully it will be resolved with all the other problems. 

EDIT: so apparently I can get to the full rewards site on my laptop, but not the mobile version on my phone. Now I’m just worried about when we’ll be able to redeem our points in store, since all those slots are ‘coming soon’. 

Edited by Accio Lego

20 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m having the same problem. I saw my points for about a second before I got booted back to the login screen. I’m kind of worried about it because I have to be able to access the rewards page to actually use them. I’ve sent a message to customer support and hopefully it will be resolved with all the other problems. 

I imagine it will be. Their website was down yesterday, for this I suppose. I’m gonna give them until tomorrow...then if the page isn’t up & my rewards aren’t there, then I’ll call, just to make sure. They’re likely getting enough calls today, I’ll give them a breather. :tongue:

I've copied this from a comment on Brickset:

We are currently in the process of upgrading our VIP Program to give our fans more benefits and more rewards.

To do this, we need to move to a new online Rewards Centre in order to provide you with more opportunities to earn and redeem LEGO VIP points.

This involved migrating all of our existing LEGO VIP Rewards accounts from our old platform to the new centre. We have millions of accounts, and unfortunately during this process not all VIP points information was successfully migrated. As a result, some VIP accounts are not showing the correct points balance.

Please don’t worry. No one has lost points. We have a backup of all points information, and are in the process of fixing the issue. It will probably take a day or two, but we will make sure everyone’s account is showing the correct points balance.

We apologise for any inconvenience and also want to reassure you that no personal data has been impacted by this migration, only VIP points data.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to our awesome consumer service team. https://www.lego.com/en-us/service

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We’re working as fast as we can to fix this!

LEGO VIP Team

I'm not able to see my points either, so I hope they fix it soon.

Whether it is a successful change really depends on what the free gifts are. If there are some interesting ones, then great. If it is just past promotional items that they were unable to shift first or second time around, then not so great. It then just becomes a slightly less convenient way of getting a discount on the exclusive sets (as I rarely buy non-exclusives at lego).

it is also unfortunate that some were able to use their points to get limited stock items while others were not able to - only because of the new system. it is like going to a first come first serve sale, standing in the line with everyone else until they open the door and then some get to go through and others are not allowed due to a glitch. you stand and watch as the others you have just been standing right next to get all the goodies. later, the glitch is fixed and you are finally let in and there is nothing but sale posters on the floor and disappointment in the room.

19 minutes ago, pjthebeard said:

you are finally let in and there is nothing but sale posters on the floor and disappointment in the room.

And some colouring sheets!

1 hour ago, Trance89 said:

millions of accounts

They also habe the habit to exaggerate
Customer service mailed me a few weeks ago that the missing parts on my 42082 were rare cause they sell billions of sets
Okay, they sell a lot but billions :laugh_hard:

It seems that if you want to redeem points in a bricks 'n' mortar LEGO brand store, you must first get a voucher online for the required amount that will get sent to you by e-mail within a couple of days. You then take that voucher and use it in store. The vouchers expire and their value/points lost if not used within 30 days.

That's bad for anyone who makes impulse purchases.

It's also terrible for anyone who uses points to purchase specific sets. Most official LEGO brand stores will only reserve sets for same or next day purchases (and sometimes not at all). Because of the time difference between how long the voucher will take to reach you and how long you can reserve items, you cannot be sure of getting what you want: You could call a store to check availability, go online to get a voucher, wait for the voucher to arrive and then call the store back to reserve the item only to find out it is sold out with an unknown re-stock date. You're then left with a voucher that expires in 30 days. Someone should introduce LEGO's right hand to its left.    

this has got to be something that will be sorted over time. it might be that the voucher can be more immediate, so you can buy it online and get it in the mail snahhppy and use straight away....

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

It seems that if you want to redeem points in a bricks 'n' mortar LEGO brand store, you must first get a voucher online for the required amount that will get sent to you by e-mail within a couple of days. You then take that voucher and use it in store. The vouchers expire and their value/points lost if not used within 30 days.

That's bad for anyone who makes impulse purchases.

It's also terrible for anyone who uses points to purchase specific sets. Most official LEGO brand stores will only reserve sets for same or next day purchases (and sometimes not at all). Because of the time difference between how long the voucher will take to reach you and how long you can reserve items, you cannot be sure of getting what you want: You could call a store to check availability, go online to get a voucher, wait for the voucher to arrive and then call the store back to reserve the item only to find out it is sold out with an unknown re-stock date. You're then left with a voucher that expires in 30 days. Someone should introduce LEGO's right hand to its left.    

Are the vouchers not instant? If the online vouchers are similar, that means delaying orders until vouchers are received, which means forgetting to place orders or placing them elsewhere.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, pjthebeard said:

i am new here, so here goes:

does anyone have a handle on the new VIP point system? i

Yes, take a simple system that just works and make it more complicated.  

Maintain employement at Lego for the Customer Service, Online/web teams and marketing department.  

Job done, bonus all round....

The site still isn’t working for me... and I still don’t like the voucher idea. I always plan my purchases ahead but that’s only because I live an hour plus away from a store. If I had one closer, I’d be in there a lot, but this would kill impulse buys, like the Wall or BaM bins. If I could at least see what options are available as a VIP, I may be more welcoming. We’ll see....

Oh, to those complaining of “color sheets” I’m pretty sure those are simply B&W variants, like comic book covers are. 

Edited by Vindicare

36 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Oh, to those complaining of “color sheets” I’m pretty sure those are simply B&W variants, like comic book covers are. 

No there are actual coloring sheets, only about 10 points each but they’re there. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

No there are actual coloring sheets, only about 10 points each but they’re there. 

Ahh, okay. I’m just going off the screenshot on Brickset. Even still, I’m sure kids will like them, despite being an odd choice for the VIP program. 

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Ahh, okay. I’m just going off the screenshot on Brickset. Even still, I’m sure kids will like them, despite being an odd choice for the VIP program. 

They also offer a far wider selection of downloadable colouring sheets on the website for free.