Fatu Hiva, Ile D'Or, July 619

After the dark happenings of the previous months, life in Fatu Hiva returned to normality. Patrols of soldiers and groups of native warriors started a fierce hunt against the bands of fanatics still infesting the jungle and, even if some of them may have escaped, no new attack was reported.

The economy of the settlement flared up again too: the natives returned to their fishing activity, while the plantations outside Fatu Hiva were repaired and expanded, allowing the recovery of the brewing activities.

This little vineyard was bought by a foreigner, a Varcosian, who invested a large sum of money to expand the plantation. A little is known about this individual, but he is rumoured to have earned his fortune during the successful expedition in the jungle

IMG_2525

While up to now the vineyard is sufficient for the requirements of the settlement, the Varcosian has imported seeds of Oleander grape, in order to expand the business and export wine and spirit in the archipelago.

Today, the workers are cleaning a part of the hill from the undergrowth and are building new terracing. By sure, even if a lot of time will be required for the first profitable harvests, starting a vineyard near to the Oleander capital of alcol production is a wise investment.

IMG_2529

The herd of a native shepherd is very useful to remove herbs and low bushes...

IMG_2526

...while more robust plants are removed with more resolute methods. 

IMG_2527

Meanwhile, other workers realise the terracing for the new plants, planting poles in the ground and shovelling away the earth.

IMG_2530

Overall view

IMG_2531

The sheep

IMG_2534

And the "mysterious" owner, one of Tristan's followers during the expedition against the fanatics, in which absolutely no treasure was found.

IMG_2533

I will license this build as large plantation (instead of using a micro) as prize for the last challenge.

Those sheep look so fluffy!  Nice design!

I'm going to echo the good words about the sheep, they are real nice! 
But I like the minifig hamering down the steak too. 

I like the different types of works being conducted around the yard.  Good build

I love the simple design of the vines! Even without lego “grapes”, the viewer immediately knows what it is. Well done!

Is the sheep your own design or one you saw somewhere?

Normally brick built animals dont play well with minifigs but these are spot on lol.

Thank you all guys!

20 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

I love the simple design of the vines! Even without lego “grapes”, the viewer immediately knows what it is. Well done!

Thank you! Probably this is one of the simplest way to build a quite large scale plantation without using a huge amount of plants, but I think that the result is quite effective

About the sheep: they probably are the most complex part of this simple build, and they were quite funny to build. I saw something similar to the blackface ones on the internet, "retro-engineered" the basic structure and modified the design, making them more minifig-scale. I adapted the design also to the other one, the main difference is the head.

Really nice build! I think leaving the studs exposed on the sheep was a good choice, it makes them look so fluffy!

There's plenty of action going on, I like the minifig designs.

It kind of reminds me of one I did a while ago. Great work on a small scale!

Edited by Spud The Viking

22 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

It's definitely great! Although if you wanted to make the grapes look slightly more grape-like, the "ice cream scoop" element is coming out in dark purple in a summer Friends set. Up to you whether the slightly higher degree of detail is worth changing it in your eyes.

Love the vineyard Keymonus and those sheep are amazing! Keep up the good work.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Really nice build! I think leaving the studs exposed on the sheep was a good choice, it makes them look so fluffy!

There's plenty of action going on, I like the minifig designs.

It kind of reminds me of one I did a while ago. Great work on a small scale!

Thank you! I remember your build, even if it was quite a while ago! I'm not sure that grape is the best thing to grow on tropical islands, but now it is becoming a thing! :grin:

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, Lyichir said:

It's definitely great! Although if you wanted to make the grapes look slightly more grape-like, the "ice cream scoop" element is coming out in dark purple in a summer Friends set. Up to you whether the slightly higher degree of detail is worth changing it in your eyes.

Thank you! I often use that piece (in white) as musket smoke, but unfortunately I don't have it in other colors… I think it could be easily attached changing a little the design of the plants

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice moc keymonus! Really well made but I believe the sheep are stealing the show here!hehehe!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:25 AM, Ayrlego said:

Love the vineyard Keymonus and those sheep are amazing! Keep up the good work.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, Bodi said:

Nice moc, great to see you building again.

Thank you guys! I'm happy to be back again, and I think the sheep are the best part of the build too! :classic: