(Luc)ky Luke

Finding a profession, first try

‘When I turned 18, I had to find the profession  that I would do my whole life to serve Flockwood as a full-grown citizen. But, this was not as straight forward as for most of my peers that can easily adopt their parents’  professions. My brother, being the oldest son in the family, would succeed my father as the village blacksmith. Then, as my mother is a chosen village counsellor, I cannot take her profession. This meant I had to find something else, although being a blacksmith is the thing I enjoy the most and I cannot imagine doing anything else.  My mom, knowing my situation, arranged that I would help each villager with their daily tasks for two weeks, in the hope I would find a profession that I also enjoyed. I started with repairing and making clothes with missis Leonora.  She had arrived in Flockwood after she had managed to escape with her husband when Helgestorp got destroyed. Unfortunately, her husband died from the bitter cold that characterises the mountains. She taught me a lot of things, but did not convince me to become a tailor.'

-Ronan

48239824837_1c6d4ffe49_z.jpg

This is the first vignette/small build in the: 'finding a profession for my character' series. 

Want to read the beginning of my story: Here

Edited by (Luc)ky Luke

Great little build, nice use of the wands for knitting needles!  The sideways bookshelf looks really good too!

This looks really lovely. Very atmospheric and I like the sideways-building you applied it. Subtle but effective. I'm looking forward to see more of his (well written) adventures. :classic:

Hey, nice job! I really like it. 

Despite being a small build, you managed to pack it with a bunch of little details. 

The uneven floor is beautiful. The furniture is cleverly made - specially the hanging clothes, and the decor is exquisite. I like the portrait, the scissors and the reels on the floor are perfect. 

Beautiful job, and great little story. Hope to hear more of Luke's path.

Cheers!

Great build! Very creative, with nice details and an interesting backstory. I'm looking forward to the next episodes!

Nice vignette!  Solid NPU for the wand elements as knitting needles, that technique for flooring ALWAYS looks good--nice variation on it with the unevenness, and the collection of thread/yarn spools in the corner is a nice detail. :thumbup:

2 things I think that could be improved are filling the technic pin with something (ex: either the wavy flame or the new candle flame are most obvious, but there's some good examples of other solutions for candle flame out there as well: black bar/cut tubing/string coming out of cut white tubing/screwdriver for a wick) and covering up the anti-studs in the chair back with something/flipping the structure around somehow.

Overall, very nice bit of backstory for your character.

I think this may be your best creation I’ve seen.  Really fabulous work!  I love the attention to detail.  The floor is great, the bookshelf is great, the positioning of everything so you can see it all in the picture is perfect, the use of the cape as a rug, the technic pins as thread spoils and the wand as a needle.... all fantastic.  Keep up the excellent work!

Nice little build.  The shelf looks good.  I like the spools yarn.  I like the clothes rack and the floor too.  

@Kai NRG Thank you!

@Eoin Wallace Thank you, the floor was made by accident, I forgot to put plates under the tiles. But I 

@Littleworlds Thank you! I appreciate it that you like the story!

@Louis of Nutwood Thank you very much!

@Aurore Thank you! 

@mrcp6d Thank you! The chair has a design were it is supposed to have a small bend at the back of the chair. You can't see the chair good enough in the picture to see it, but I maybe could use a reversed tile in dark red. And for the candle, I totally forgot to put something in it :blush:.

@Grover Thank you, that means a lot to me!

@zoth33 Thank you!

@W Navarre Thank you!

That's the perfect torso to show someone knitting! Lovely furniture designs, and it's fun to see Ronan without his signature cap :thumbup:
The sideways tile floor gives a great plank effect too :dsweet:

Very nice little build! My favorite parts are the floorwork and the use of the wand.