zephyr1934

Brickworld 2019 retrospective and some of my MOCs

On 8/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I gotta say I really like this color combo.  

Which shows do you do?

Thanks for the kind words. But I must say, the prototype is incredible. I try to picture what it must have been like walking into union station and having 3-10 different railroads with trains up to 20 cars long in uniform paint schemes.

As for shows, I typically only do one big show a year (NMRA or Brickworld). The rest are local shows, so last weekend was the Great Train Show.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:17 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Anyway, this being a 6 wide locomotive (the hood is actually 5 wide to allow for the PF inside) I didn't have the space to do brick built trucks, which led to this custom motor side,

ms-a3-2.jpg

Would you consider selling the motor side?  It would give me a nudge to start building a few SD 40-2's.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:01 PM, zephyr1934 said:
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Well, okay, there were a couple of other train builders there too...

aimg_0679.jpg

I'm in the front row 4th from the right, wearing a brown minifig shirt. I'll let the others out themselves (or not) as they see fit.

I am in the grey shirt, front and center in the front row, in front of the Twin City guys.

Sal
WFB, WI

18 minutes ago, legoboy3998 said:

Would you consider selling the motor side?  It would give me a nudge to start building a few SD 40-2's.

There is a MkII version he is testing that you may be interested in ... Hint hint.

5 hours ago, legoboy3998 said:

Actually that motor side is already available on shapeways, see this thread. However, as Roadmonkeytj noted, I've designed and tested version 2 (as a result of discussions we had). This v2 replaces the faux wheel with a bar to hang a stock lego wheel on, thus, allowing me to also fabricate these in gray.

The bad news is that both versions are stupid expensive (though v2 slightly less so). In either case, I can also fabricate them, but it takes a couple of weeks and the price would be similar to that on shapeways. As a result of the high cost I incur, unless there is much demand I will not stock them pre-made.

I'm still looking for ways to bring the price down and have made some inquiries, but nothing tangible yet.

@zephyr1934 I am very interested to see what you come up with.  I have been very pleased with all the custom 3d printed parts I have ordered from you.  All those fence pieces really made my diesel servicing facility look good at Brickworld.  Your parts are certainly worth the price and wait time.

Sal

WFB, WI

12 hours ago, legoboy3998 said:

Your parts are certainly worth the price and wait time.

Thanks for the kind words

12 hours ago, legoboy3998 said:

I am very interested to see what you come up with. 

Okay, I've taken some pictures and started a new thread.