Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Classic-Pirates.com Social Media Strategy - Which Social Platforms Do You Use?

Social Media Platforms  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Social Media Platforms do you use?

• Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Pinterest
    • Tumblr
    • Flickr

In the past Classic-Pirates.com setup accounts/profiles for a Facebook Page, Twitter and YouTube Channel, as well as, an Email list and RSS Feed.

Plus we also stored images on Flickr and Photobucket.

But that was several years ago and since then platforms like Instagram and Pintrest have come into prominence.

So we'd like to know which social media platform(s) you use the most...

And if there is one missing from the poll, please suggest...

I use Instagram and FaceBook out of the two on there, mostly going to Instagram.

And while I wouldn't necessarily use DeviantArt for this situation, it could work for drawings/paintings of LEGO figures.

I don't use any social media other than forums for lego.

I do have pintrest account as sometimes there are links on pintrest but I mostly use it to head to the original site which is usually Flickr.  

I actually message people on Flickr about builds so technically that may count lol.

My LUG uses instagram and facebook aswell as our club website and we do get quite a few followers that way.

41 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Flickr about builds so technically that may count lol.

Flickr does count.  I notice the Classic-Pirates.com Flickr still has reasonable activity so I probably should add it to the list.

42 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

My LUG uses instagram and facebook aswell as our club website and we do get quite a few followers that way. 

What is your LUG's Instagram username?  Classic Pirates shall follow them!

Honestly, for social media, your best bet might be running several that are linked.

Also, I’m not sure how you’ve run it in the past, but I’d definitely suggest having a few people posting (tasking volunteers with ‘x’ posts per month). Social media really requires steady content (not too much to be annoying), but if it’s not regular people tend to stop checking.

5 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

Honestly, for social media, your best bet might be running several that are linked.

Yes, thank you, we're aware of the social media basics.

The topic is "which social media platforms do you use" not "provide advice on how to manage social media"

So if you could please inform us which social media platforms you use, that would be most helpful. :pir-classic:

On 7/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Followed.

For me, its the usual suspects - FB and YT. But Im actually trying to cut down on both...

For me, It's more YT and Flickr.

I am not really fan of social media platforms like FB and tend to avoid using them.

Instagram is my favorite social media platform to use, but I do also still use Facebook quite a lot as well, primarily in the groups.

I watch YouTube on a very regular basis, though I personally wouldn't consider it to be a social media platform so much.

1 hour ago, PxChris said:

I watch YouTube on a very regular basis, though I personally wouldn't consider it to be a social media platform so much.

And GitHub is? :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Sean Bancroft said:

Lately, I have been sitting on the GitHub and clubhouse a lot. Who else spends time there?

Who invited you to Clubhouse?

I got my invite from Captain Barbossa... I mean Geoffrey Rush.

38 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I got my invite from Captain Barbossa... I mean Geoffrey Rush.

:pir-oh: What, how, when and why?? At this point I have more questions than answersss!! :pir-oh:

:monkey:

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

And GitHub is? :pir_laugh2:

Paste the link to the Classic Pirates github page pls :pir-laugh:

How about GeoCities? MySpace?

Edited by evancelt

10 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

:pir-oh: What, how, when and why??

He sent it me via GitHub.

7 hours ago, evancelt said:

How about GeoCities? MySpace?

GeoCities only offered web hosting.  But as for MySpace, you're in luck...

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

He sent it me via GitHub.

Well, as the old song goes - ''Some Guys Have All the Luck'' (Alright, it's not as old but was sung a fair time ago).

I am intrigued by the site's name though.

Just now, Jack Sassy said:

Well, as the old song goes - ''Some Guys Have All the Luck'' (Alright, it's not as old but was sung a fair time ago).

The one by Rod Stewart?

2 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

The one by Rod Stewart?

The very same, though it seems that the song was originally sung in 74' by The Persuaders.

Edited by Jack Sassy
Sung not song.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

The very same, though it seems that the song was originally sung in 74' by The Persuaders.

Well there you go. I was not aware he covered that song.

However, I do have a particular fondness for Rhythm of My Heart and the Motown Song which were released in 1991 around the time my love for LEGO Pirates blossomed.

13 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

However, I do have a particular fondness for Rhythm of My Heart and the Motown Song which were released in 1991 around the time my love for LEGO Pirates blossomed.

I meself prefer more of his 70s work like Every Picture Tells a Story (album, not the song, I prefer other ones from the album more than title track) and also The Faces period.

Rhytm of My Heart is rather nice, then again so are Lego Pirates :pir-grin:. Rod Stewart isn't my favourite artist but isn't far from top 5 either (I might overexaggerate it).

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Rhythm of My Heart is rather nice, then again so are Lego Pirates :pir-grin:

For me, the two are intertwined in nostalgia...  this was the music playing in the background while I was building my first LEGO Pirate sets. :pir-wub:

1 minute ago, Mister Phes said:

this was the music playing in the background while I was building my first LEGO Pirate sets. :pir-wub:

Which one was it, if I may ask?

7 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Here is a very in depth account of my first LEGO Pirate sets.

What's this, a topic from 2005? :pir-love:

Well I must say that yer story is rather an interesting one and surely more in-depth than mine will ever be (more or less).

6235 is such a bonus to get chrome gold coins and a monkey, rare things nowadays. A good pirate cannot survive without such equipment. :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well I must say that yer story is rather an interesting one and surely more in-depth than mine will ever be (more or less).

Feel free to share your story in that topic.