MatthewRC

More LEGO Ghostbusters in 2020?

5 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I recently found the firehouse HQ, with the Ideas Ecto-1, plus the Creator Expert Big Ben, and the Ideas Yellow Submarine, all for $100. Needless to say, I was thrilled. Had to wash and sort everything, but in building the firehouse, I was surprised at what went into it, with double thick walls to change the interior and exterior color. I suppose that's a requirement to make it movie accurate, but it does add to the piece count considerably. Would they do that kind of thing again now, I wonder? Or would they do a facade or vignettes from it instead?

I opened this thread, really REALLY excited hoping for new sets because the new film is coming - and was thoroughly disappointed to see I was wrong. Anyway, now that my heartbeat is back to a normal level, I'm still kinda sad the IDEAS Ecto 1 and firehouse don't work well with each other. (The firehouse bay isn't nearly long enough AFAIK.)

Edited by Murdoch17

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I opened this thread, really REALLY excited hoping for new sets because the new film is coming - and was thoroughly disappointed to see I was wrong. Anyway, now that my heartbeat is back to a normal level, I'm still kinda sad the IDEAS Ecto 1 and firehouse don't work well with each other. (The firehouse bay isn't nearly long enough AFAIK.)

It will sort of fit, but you have to move some of the interior elements, and the doors won't close once it's inside, so you have to 'drive' it in from the open side.

There's still plenty we don't know about the summer release schedule, but it does seem pretty unlikely that we'll be getting anything, as good as it would be.

With the new Ghostbusters movie out, and no sets currently on shelves, I gotta say I'm crazy disappointed. With the new film being back in NYC, a redo of the Firehouse would've been incredible (it's so many people's white whale, from what I've seen) and even just a redo of the Ecto-1 in figure scale would be great, the old one is a very dated build. Maybe they could figure out how to get the gunner seat in there, too? 

You wouldn't even have to particularly brand it for Frozen Empire - alternate heads for the OG Ghostbusters as old and young would work wonders.

But I guess I should stop holding out for more official stuff. Time to bite the bullet on the old Firehouse... ouch.