MatthewRC

More LEGO Ghostbusters in 2020?

This looks great. Can’t wait for the official reveal so we can get a better look at the rear end, which I’m not so sure about.

Can’t believe no one has suggested a UCS 1966 Batmobile, which would be amazing and an obvious choice IMHO since bat vehicles are so popular. (Could be followed with a UCS 1966 Bat Copter)

12 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

[...] but my point was that this one doesn't seem to be under the Creator line, unless I overlooked something on the box [...]

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I thought this type of packaging was new to Creator Expert, but I'm not that sure :shrug_confused:

The Creator Expert branding as such doesn’t exist anymore (except on s@h) :wink: Every Creator Expert set released after the Fiat 500 was just part of the 18+ range, where the set’s name in fancy fonts replaced that logo. So it’s hard to tell what the branding would have been if the 18+ branding hadn’t been introduced, but the lack of minifigs certainly points in the Creator Expert direction

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Creator Expert branding as such doesn’t exist anymore (except on s@h) :wink: Every Creator Expert set released after the Fiat 500 was just part of the 18+ range, where the set’s name in fancy fonts replaced that logo. So it’s hard to tell what the branding would have been if the 18+ branding hadn’t been introduced, but the lack of minifigs certainly points in the Creator Expert direction

https://brickset.com/article/51364/lego-ditches-creator-expert-branding-in-favour-of-18-marking

Yes. The Creator and Expert logos have been dumped in favour of the 18+, to make it clearer to adults what is aimed at them. It doesn't stop kids getting them though, I saw a probably 12 year old kid getting the Boba Fett helmet for his birthday at the weekend.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

4 hours ago, MAB said:

https://brickset.com/article/51364/lego-ditches-creator-expert-branding-in-favour-of-18-marking

Yes. The Creator and Expert logos have been dumped in favour of the 18+, to make it clearer to adults what is aimed at them. It doesn't stop kids getting them though, I saw a probably 12 year old kid getting the Boba Fett helmet for his birthday at the weekend.

The logos are gone, but 10273 is still listed as Creator Expert...

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

2 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

By the way, has anyone heard of Master Builder Series (MBS)? This term was first coined with the release of 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City from Star Wars.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/products/themes-sets/star-wars/products/themes-sets/star-wars/ultimate-collectors-series-vs-master-builder-series-408100000014976

MBS, if I'm not mistaken, is only used for Star Wars and was basically a new moniker they launched because everyone got angry at them for calling the Assault on Hoth set a UCS set when it was more of a playset.  I think going forward it's basically just used for the minifigure-scale location-based "UCS-type" sets, but they're reserving the UCS branding for ships or vehicles only.  So, for example, 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City as you mentioned, as well as the new 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina both fall into the "MBS" bucket. 

I think if you were to go back and retroactively apply that title, you could also add the 2003 Cloud City (technically counts as a UCS according to some sources), the 2008 and 2016 re-release versions of the Death Star, the Ewok Village, and of course the Assault on Hoth, as sets that would all fall into the MBS category.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

MBS, if I'm not mistaken, is only used for Star Wars and was ...

Yes, in the same way that UCS only applies to Star Wars too, which is why we won't see a UCS badged Batman or Ghostbusters set. They might use other monikers such as UCE but I cannot see them using the Star Wars terms for other themes.

Just saw the leaked images. Looks fantastic, this is a definite buy for me. The colors of the sirens and equipment rack on the roof really pop out nice against the black 18+ background. The only thing I would change would be extra parts to modify it into the Ecto-1A, but I know that version of the vehicle usually gets overlooked so I am not surprised.

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

MBS, if I'm not mistaken, is only used for Star Wars and was basically a new moniker they launched because everyone got angry at them for calling the Assault on Hoth set a UCS set when it was more of a playset.  I think going forward it's basically just used for the minifigure-scale location-based "UCS-type" sets, but they're reserving the UCS branding for ships or vehicles only.  So, for example, 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City as you mentioned, as well as the new 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina both fall into the "MBS" bucket. 

I think if you were to go back and retroactively apply that title, you could also add the 2003 Cloud City (technically counts as a UCS according to some sources), the 2008 and 2016 re-release versions of the Death Star, the Ewok Village, and of course the Assault on Hoth, as sets that would all fall into the MBS category.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes, in the same way that UCS only applies to Star Wars too, which is why we won't see a UCS badged Batman or Ghostbusters set. They might use other monikers such as UCE but I cannot see them using the Star Wars terms for other themes.

Oh, okay. I might as well call the set LEGO Ghostbusters 18+ Edition Ecto-1.

Great video,wish it showed any pages with action features in more detail though.

Best part, all the logos seem to be printed, and the rust is stickers so easily skipped for an “old school” look.

Edited by Scotticus the White
Spelling

The front cover of the Ecto1 instruction book reminds me of a Haynes car workshop manual you’d get in the UK.

Review now live!

(By the way, from what I saw of the info we had been given for this review, this is "internally" referred to as Creator Expert, and therefore is meant to be in line with the previous creator expert vehicles. Thus it does not include a UCS plate or figures like the recent Batman-inspired sets.)

50533917882_cbca0cc0d2_c.jpg

On 3/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

The movie I think got pushed back to March 5th so I would say January sets 

Any chance they just kept pushing the sets back? OR did the rumor fall through.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

So did that rumor of getting Afterlife sets just turn out not to be true?

I was under the impression that the rumours were all referring to the Ecto-1 D2C set :classic: Haven't heard any rumours about playsets

45 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was under the impression that the rumours were all referring to the Ecto-1 D2C set :classic: Haven't heard any rumours about playsets

I remember the rumors reffering to a wave or multiple sets. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I looked back on this. The leakers reported it as a "Theme" or multiple "Sets". But I guess it's an all but confirmed no at this point :(

Now would be a great time for an updated Firehouse Headquarters. The 2016 version is great but I'm sure a refresh would be popular with collectors. Looking at the various versions of sets like the Millennium Falcon or Hogwarts Express shows that it isn't outside the realm of possibility for licensed sets to be revisited, even without new films to generate interest. 

I recently found the firehouse HQ, with the Ideas Ecto-1, plus the Creator Expert Big Ben, and the Ideas Yellow Submarine, all for $100. Needless to say, I was thrilled. Had to wash and sort everything, but in building the firehouse, I was surprised at what went into it, with double thick walls to change the interior and exterior color. I suppose that's a requirement to make it movie accurate, but it does add to the piece count considerably. Would they do that kind of thing again now, I wonder? Or would they do a facade or vignettes from it instead?