MatthewRC

More LEGO Ghostbusters in 2020?

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Considering the movie got pushed back to January, then the sets will probably release October. LEGO’s general rule to release direct movie tie-in sets 3 months (ish) before the release of the movie.

The movie I think got pushed back to March 5th so I would say January sets 

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The movie I think got pushed back to March 5th so I would say January sets 

You’re right, I misread the tweet I saw. January makes more sense.

It worries me that there have been no leaks on this supposed "line" of sets yet... Not even any information besides the original confirmation.

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It worries me that there have been no leaks on this supposed "line" of sets yet... Not even any information besides the original confirmation.

Which isn’t surprising considering Sony announced the delay of the film so early :wink: If the sets exist, they’ve been swiftly moved to next year I assume. 

Promo image of the original 4 ghostbusters and ideas ecto 1 fighting a non-LEGO stay puft has shown up on legos instagram. That combined with the gb’s being the first ever licensed characters in LEGO legacy is definitely lending credence to the idea that the line isn’t finished just yet.

21 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

Promo image of the original 4 ghostbusters and ideas ecto 1 fighting a non-LEGO stay puft has shown up on legos instagram. That combined with the gb’s being the first ever licensed characters in LEGO legacy is definitely lending credence to the idea that the line isn’t finished just yet.

Now I’d like to see more licensed themes in LEGO Legacy in the future, especially Scooby-Doo, Doctor Who and Back to the Future!

In addition, a stand-alone LEGO Ghostbusters video game would be awesome! It could cover all three installments, including the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie.

Huh. There’s a picture of a UCS Ecto-1 on legoleaks, and . . as a rule I don’t get anything that isn’t minifigure scale, but I’m tempted to break that tradition for this one. Probably won’t because I’m too young to really get the Ghostbusters nostalgia, but it does look gorgeous.

5 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

I’ve just seen a photo of the 10274 Ecto-1 Creator Expert Large Scale (2352pcs) set. It’s glorious.

Oh I want that!

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Huh. There’s a picture of a UCS Ecto-1 on legoleaks, and . . as a rule I don’t get anything that isn’t minifigure scale, but I’m tempted to break that tradition for this one. Probably won’t because I’m too young to really get the Ghostbusters nostalgia, but it does look gorgeous.

It looks wonderful!!

It looks stunning :wub: I wonder when it will be released though since the movie has recently been delayed. And judging by the  dirt marks and the pictures on the back of the box, it’s definitely based on Afterlife... And why aren’t there any minifigs :cry2:

What I don't like in this version of Ecto-1 and the 1989 Batmobile is the scale. They are too big, consume too much shelf space and, for me most importantly, they aren't comparable with the Creator Expert cars.

It looks good. My favorite part is the curved back, I think.

I already have too many cars in my collection, though. After the 1989 Batmobile, Technic Supercars and Creator Expert cars, my shelves are starting to look more like a garage than anything else.

I'll wait on this one. With the modular, Colosseum and Ninjago City Gardens, early 2021 is already expensive enough.

It's odd we're getting pictures of this really early, unless they're deciding to go with a November release due to the movie being pushed back even farther to July next year? :look:

Also I wonder how much of the rust is stickers and how much is printed. Surely they're stickers, allowing us to do it with or without the rust.

Huh, Promobricks says that (translated): "The start of sales of the LEGO 10274 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 should take place in mid / late November or early December. I reckon with an RRP of 199.99 euros for the set."

I thought the release of the set was pushed back to coincide with the new film. If the Ecto-1 is coming out this year, what about the Colosseum? Two D2Cs for December?

Oh God, I gotta stop looking at the pictures, it's only making me like it more :drunk:

1 minute ago, Terrasher said:

Huh, Promobricks says that (translated): "The start of sales of the LEGO 10274 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 should take place in mid / late November or early December. I reckon with an RRP of 199.99 euros for the set."

I thought the release of the set was pushed back to coincide with the new film. If the Ecto-1 is coming out this year, what about the Colosseum? Two D2Cs for December?

Oh God, I gotta stop looking at the pictures, it's only making me like it more :drunk:

I think LEGO finally said "screw it" and is releasing it when it originally was going to (November/December) whenever they pushed Afterlife back to July instead of March. Probably too much in their pipeline for next year. One of the more recent photos show a whole bunch of them stocked with different sets, maybe in the back of a LEGO shop.

Man, the Ecto-1 looks amazing, can't wait to build it.

Looks like it's already in stock, which means it will come out this year?

Can't really tell what the length says, but looks like it says 47CM, which seems about right judging the wheels they used.

Edited by TheDeeGee

Looks like it has the Mustang or Caterham or Mack tires. Hope it has steering, front wheel arch looks big enough for that.

Hope the "rust" are stickers, if you don't want rust, leave them off.

Edited by Coolusername

Glad LEGO is doing Ghostbusters again in time for the upcoming movie! Now if only LEGO could revisit Scooby-Doo or Back to the Future someday.