MatthewRC

More LEGO Ghostbusters in 2020?

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

Hmmmm, I wonder what kind of sets we'll get, assuming the rumor is accurate. Could they take another whack at the Ecto-1?

Also I have no money in my budget for this theme! :iamded_lol::cry_sad:

I’d personally like to see a giant brick-built minifigure of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the style of Giant Ant-Man from the Captain America: Civil War airport battle set!

Hmmm I'm not sure about this rumor

LEGO has Hidden Side right now. Introduce another "ghost hunting" line now? I don't think so. Both are very similar. It would be shoothing themselves in the foot

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

LEGO has Hidden Side right now. Introduce another "ghost hunting" line now? I don't think so. Both are very similar. It would be shoothing themselves in the foot

Eh, maybe? Scooby Doo, Ninjago's ghost stuff, the Ghostbusters Firehouse set, and the monsters themed Collectible Minifigure Series 14 were all in the same year. 

Edited by jhuyser

There is a “list of names” for the ghostbusters movie sets. Don’t believe those, they use the same numbers as the AT-ST Raider, the falcon, and the podracer from Star Wars. Plus there is a description of a ucs set of there too so that should tell you something 

36 minutes ago, jhuyser said:

Eh, maybe? Scooby Doo, Ninjago's ghost stuff, the Ghostbusters Firehouse set, and the monsters themed Collectible Minifigure Series 14 were all in the same year. 

Even similar themes can co-exist in the same year, but only at certain times of the year.

34 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a “list of names” for the ghostbusters movie sets. Don’t believe those, they use the same numbers as the AT-ST Raider, the falcon, and the podracer from Star Wars. Plus there is a description of a ucs set of there too so that should tell you something 

Aww, so it’s fake? And I was just wondering if Lego might do Ghostbusters stuff that ties in with Hidden Side, like the Ghostbusters sets would also be scannable in the app. Guess not . . 

21 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Aww, so it’s fake? And I was just wondering if Lego might do Ghostbusters stuff that ties in with Hidden Side, like the Ghostbusters sets would also be scannable in the app. Guess not . . 

He said it’s the set names that are fake. The rumour of the theme still stands.

20 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

He said it’s the set names that are fake. The rumour of the theme still stands.

I’m pretty sure LEGO Ghostbusters is certainly coming back next year. No word on set numbers/names yet.

How interesting. While obviously if LEGO releases any Ghostbusters sets next year it’ll be because of Ghostbusters 3, it’ll coincidentally fit and strengthen a pattern of them releasing Ghostbusters stuff every other year, in all the even-numbered years:

2014 (LEGO Ideas Ectomobile)

2016 (D2C Firehouse Headquarters, LEGO Dimensions Fun, Level, and Story Packs, Ghostbusters 2016 Ectomobile)

2018 (Venkman & Slimer Brickheadz)

2020 (Ghostbusters 3 stuff, and more???)

It’s also notable to me that while they didn’t release anything new for the franchise in 2015 or 2017, stuff from the previous years remained available all throughout those years, so that there was LEGO Ghostbusters stuff available continuously from June 2014 up through whenever the 2018 Brickheadz set sold out, making Ghostbusters a LEGO theme that ran for five straight years without interruption, even if there were only eight things released.

It seems to have done reasonably well for them, all things considered; I wouldn’t be a bit surprised now to see it return in 2020.

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This film looks AMAZING. I hope we do get something, like an ect-one with the

Spoiler

gunner seat as a sort of play feature

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Brick Fanatics - LEGO Ghostbusters Rumoured to Return in 2020

Brick Fanatics has received word that the LEGO Group may be releasing a Ghostbusters theme to tie in with next year’s film.

Brick Fanatics understands that the LEGO Group will be releasing a Ghostbusters 2020 theme featuring sets inspired by the new movie. It would not be an entirely new property for the company, as three sets have been released based on Ghostbusters since 2014– 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1, 75827 Firehouse Headquarters and 75828 Ecto 1 & 2. Given how little is known about the new film’s plot, there is little to speculate on when it comes to what the new models will be.

All of this information should be treated as rumour until there is an official announcement from the LEGO Group.

Have we heard anything more about whether this rumor is true? When should we expect to hear something, considering the 2016 merchandise was revealed in early February?

7 minutes ago, latenightguy said:

Have we heard anything more about whether this rumor is true? When should we expect to hear something, considering the 2016 merchandise was revealed in early February?

Patience is key! 

Ghostbusters Afterlife: Ecto-1 leak spotted. Still not sure if its legit though.

EDIT: After checking the leak again to compare with the previous ecto-1 set, its apparently fake. Most of the comments that were updated in instagram confirm this, its basically a modified version of the previous Ecto-1 from LEGO Ideas . Plus, if this leak was legit, it would spam the heck out of it. I only see two pictures and no one re-posted it.

Edited by AMD

Everyone has a high-res camera on their person 24/7 these days, and yet these alleged leaks still look worse than your average potato-quality Bigfoot pic :head_back:

Anyway, I highly doubt it’s the real deal, seems quite suspicious if you ask me. I mean, leaked minifigs, parts, boxart or instructions are one thing, but a leaked model?! Nah

2 hours ago, AMD said:

Ghostbusters Afterlife: Ecto-1 leak spotted. Still not sure if its legit though.

Yeah I was asking myself the same question

2 hours ago, AMD said:

Just found it on Instagram, too. I really hope it’s a real set!

On 3/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, MatthewRC said:

Just found it on Instagram, too. I really hope it’s a real set!

No, definitely fake.

Wouldn't mind some 'Real Ghostbuster' sets myself, based on the old cartoon and such. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Do the rumours still hold water? If so, the sets will surely be pushed back, just like the movie has :hmpf_bad:

Considering the movie got pushed back to January, then the sets will probably release October. LEGO’s general rule to release direct movie tie-in sets 3 months (ish) before the release of the movie.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Considering the movie got pushed back to January, then the sets will probably release October. LEGO’s general rule to release direct movie tie-in sets 3 months (ish) before the release of the movie.

At least we'll be getting more Ghostbusters sets this Fall or so, but I can't wait for legitimate leaks!