Zephyr261

How to Elevate a LEGO City (Brick-built elevation)

Hello everybody!

So, I want to elevate my city, using just LEGO (no table or wood or anything like that). It would allow for an underground Metro System. I need it to support heavy buildings, like Towers consisting of 10K+ parts. Any tips, videos, or pictures on how to accomplish this (it needs to be structurally sound). Thanks!

Jang (the youtuber who has the channel Jangbricks) uses duplo bricks for this purpose, which, I think, is a really good idea. They are relatively cheap, very solid and compatible to standard lego bricks. So you could the duplo pieces as structural elements and just cover them up with neat looking bricks where necessary.

Why not use big Bricks like 4204 and Monorail supports 2680 or 2681. Those supports have higher studs and that in combinnation with the big Bricks give a stable connection.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:44 PM, Zephyr261 said:

(no table or wood or anything like that). 

Why not use wood, and then build brick collars around the outside of each wooden pillar.  I can't see why you would want to support a 10k piece set on anything that is potentially unstable, or requires so many bricks.  The money could be better spend elsewhere surely?

i'd often considered this approach when having a cutting or changing heights of modules.