Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[MOC] Racer 42

48224630567_3e331efbd4_c.jpg

The Race is coming. Racer42 is a three wheeled machine with high power. The pilot and the navigator are primed to drive. Are they willing participants or another vehicle dragged into the Race?

--

The Race is a concept I am working on that pulls from a number of sources but is firmly SF. This car is setting the tone, creating the flavour for my own theme. That's what the Logo is for too.

48224629687_4ce37dface_c.jpg

You can pick out some more details here.

I have been playing about the asymmetry and using printed/stickered parts to complement a build. The colour scheme is a favourite of mine, LEGO Yellow is a pure classic.

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

The Race is a concept I am working on that pulls from a number of sources but is firmly SF. This car is setting the tone, creating the flavour for my own theme. That's what the Logo is for too.

You can pick out some more details here.

I have been playing about the asymmetry and using printed/stickered parts to complement a build. The colour scheme is a favourite of mine, LEGO Yellow is a pure classic.

Heh, I really dig the back-to-back placement of the two Speed Champions canopies, something I believe I've never seen in a creation before. :thumbup: :classic:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

two Speed Champions canopies, 

It seemed something like a no-brainer when I was looking at my canopy options.

After banging on about Ground-Car SF racing, I had to build.

Weird, earlier today in the game Trailmakers, I made a 3 wheel vehicle like this, I even used the same monster truck size tires, roughly the same size, and it was also yellow. Sharing a brainwave lol

Now I want to flesh it out like this racer and see how it performs using the game's real world physics!

On 7/9/2019 at 2:25 AM, Henchmen4Hire said:

see how it performs using the game's real world physics!

Let me know how it goes, I build from Rule of Cool and not practical!

Hello there!

A real combination of strength and endurance! I like the two-seated cockpit. And you managed to make the color scheme of yellow/red looking good (which is one of the most difficult combinations in my eyes). :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the compliment :grin: 

I was wanted a vehicle that could power through any environment so I am glad that it comes through.