Aurore

[MOC] The Spirit of the Standing Stone

This is my first build for the Guilds of Historica!
It's a Free Build for Mitgardia, and I'd like to add it to the Landscapes of Mitgardia community build as well (if it's still possible).

Not very far from Horgaard, in the foothills of the Heavenly Mountains, stood a stone.
It had always been there - as far back as men could recall. Nested in the snow throughout the winter, lost among wildflowers in the heat of summer.
It was said to be a gateway to the world of the unseen, to the world of mighty mountain spirits and mischievous gnomes. And sometimes, extraordinary encounters happened.

48211071226_90f2a71649_b.jpg

48211128712_56017d82c4_b.jpg 

48211071836_1c6a03f12a_b.jpg 

48211129462_f9dbf19767_b.jpg 

48211070831_ba46252839_b.jpg 

As my sigfig Sigrid Haraldsdottir is an enthusiastic naturalist, you'll find below a few details on the flora and fauna featured in this build.

Spoiler

The mitgardian arnica (Arnica Mitgardensis), also known as wolf's bane, is a flowering plant that can be found all over the Mitgardian mountain ranges. It flourishes on meadows and pastures, but is also able to grow in very nutrient-poor soils in higher altitude.
It's a commonly used medicinal plant, known for its analgesic properties.

48211070616_1e713800a7_c.jpg

Despite its cute, fluffy appearance, the mitgardian shrew (Sorex Terribilis) is a very dangerous creature. Armed with razor-sharp retractable claws and venomous fangs, it is said to be able to kill a bull (and have enough appetite to eat it).
Fortunately, it's also very lazy and indolent. Reports of travellers or shepherds being attacked by shrews exists, but remain scarce.    

48211070701_3b66c44311_c.jpg

Edited by Aurore
typo

This is beautiful, Lady Aurore!
Very impressive for your first MOC, and certainly a great addition so we can get to know the meadows near your village. 

Lovely story, and excellent pictures!

The stone is awesome. I like how there are drops of glowing liquid coming out of it, to finally form the 'unseen deer'. Your trees are very well done and the use of colors is great!
Keep it up! Can't wait to see more of Horgaard and its lands. 

Cheers!

Really nice MOC! Great colour palette with the mix of olive green and Dark tan. It goes very well with the yellow flowers.

I really like your storytelling. And I like the little shrew. I might use that one in a MOC if it's ok? K would be fun if one raided the Camp at night eating the Good supplies or such.

What a brilliant build!  I was going to say what a brilliant first build, but that seems to diminish the quality, as this is fantastic even for experienced builders.  You have a very artistic eye and your choice of colors is excellent—the use of the olive and the new dark brown foliage from the stranger things set is great.  I love the use of the patronus from the HP set as well.  The tree looks very natural, and the SNOT water in the rock is great.  Really excellent  techniques.

One of my favorite aspects is the awesome flora and fauna description.  I think we should start a thread for flora and fauna of the realms, with descriptions like yours and a list of where they can be found (all the guilds?  Just Nocturns or Mitgardia?), and frequency.  Common?  Rare?  What are the parts?  Then others could build the same things and we could see some consistency between places which would be fun.  Really great idea here.

I also see you’re in France.  I don’t know if you’re a native English speaker or not, but your writing reads like it.  Very well done.

Wonderful build. Bustling with detail and indeed featuring an excellent choice of colours. The stag figure is really perfect for settings like that. Well done! :classic:

Very impressive for a first MOC in the Guilds !

I really like the mix between flora and the ice the deer is bringing behind him. A great job !

Welcome and brick on !

@Louis of Nutwood

Thank you very much! I'm really glad you like the Stone!

@Zilmrud Thank you very much! Of course, don't hesitate to involve a mitgardian shrew in your story : I'm sure they would love to raid those supplies...

@Grover Thank you so much for this detailed review and the kind words! Of course, I love your idea of a fauna and flora encyclopedia for all the realms. It would be such a fun thing to share!
And I have to confess your comment on my english brought a tear to my eye. I'm indeed French, not a native english speaker, and it took me a while to write the text. 

@Littleworlds Thank you very much!

@Faladrin Thank you so much!

Edited by Aurore
typo

Excellent use of the patronus deer.  The pine tree is great too, loving the pine cones.  

Really nice build.  The landscaping is lovely, especially the groundwork and the tree looks great.  I like the idea you have there of an enchanted stone.  Nice use of the Patronus 

Very nice and interesting build! Good use of the transclear deer and I like that you describe one of the plants and animals in mitgardia. I don't know why but I also really like the small hole behind the mitgardian shrew!

Very nice! Clean look overall and a really great use of the patronus! The colourscheme is spot on as well :sweet:

These sorts of builds make me oh so happy :wub::wub:
You created a very believable, yet obviously fantasy setting. The standing stone itself is superbly crafted, and the use of the transparent deer is very fitting.

Lovely landscape, and I enjoyed the botanical notes!

Great to have you building in the guilds :dsweet:

The deer is a great new fantasy piece, but very hard to use. This is a perfect way to use it! As others have said, great color, great ground/vegetation/tree work and story.  In think the yellow flowers work great with the olive green! You've done a great job with this compact build.