Little Brix

What's your no1 LEGO SW Set of All Time?

I just got my number 1 LEGO set as a gift!!! YES a GIFT!! You have to see it to believe which one I got. It was a leaving present from my last job and I still can't believe what they bought me. Watch the video to see which set I got and then tell me what the NUMBER ONE set in your collection is.

Edited by Jim
Removed video. No need to use a self promotion video.

Just got a used Jabba's Palace set.  Love it, very high on my favorite Star Wars set list.

Hmm...this is a tough one. I would probably say 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker. It’s so nice, I bought it twice. :tongue: This one is on the bigger sized sets I own. Plus, I love Clones. I am rather fond of 10225, my first UCS set, too. 

Awesome gift! 

Edited by Vindicare

I think to me is the Star Destroyer 75055. The ship is one of the most iconic ones with the X-Wings and Tie Fighters. It is big enough, it has very good playability and it's also a nice looking proportioned ship. 

I’m not sure I like the practice of disguising promotion of your video (and a clickbait one at that) as a question thread.

But hey, I’ll play ball. :) My favorite set is probably 10030, the original UCS Star Destroyer. So I’m super hyped if the rumors are true and we’re getting a new one this year.

... even though Raskolnikov and Onecase will have done a better job, guaranteed.

Favorite that I have built is the 2015 Imperial Shuttle. Favorite overall is the 2014 Sandcrawler. Bought it recently but haven't built yet. 

I'm very torn, because there are are so many Star Wars sets that I love. I can't just pick one.

But out of all of the ones that I own, my favorite is either 10225 R2-D2, or 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon. Both sets are great display pieces of some of my favorite parts of Star Wars. They're both so detailed and recognizable, that its hard to pick a favorite of the two.

Prior to getting the set in my video, My number 1 set was the Slave 1 20th Anniversary. It's not the number 1 set of all time but for my collection, it was the best about 2 weeks ago. Starting a YT channel has meant that my collection has expanded so much in the last 6 months. I love all the UCS sets but they are usually way out of my price range. Getting one as a gift blew my mind. 

Do you think Lego will release the UCS Star Destroyer at some point this year? I'd love to see that (again, it would be way above my price range but i'd still wana see it)

4 hours ago, Little Brix said:

Do you think Lego will release the UCS Star Destroyer at some point this year? I'd love to see that (again, it would be way above my price range but i'd still wana see it)

That is rumored to be 700 euros, which equals around 1100 aud :ugh:, prepare your wallet, you can discuss it in the 2019 discussion

My favourite set would either be the 75192 Millenium Falcon, or the UCS slave I. Honestly official sets don't interest me much, most I buy for the minifigures, although some are pretty good. 

There is no contest, it is obviously the 75192 MF... Mine is still in its box as I am waiting for my two sons to be old enough to build it with me :-)

Ewok village is mine.  I love lego trees.  A great variety and number of figs with tons of details and good natural colors.  As much as I enjoy the falcon and ISD that others mentioned (the isd being my favorite sw ship) the majority grey color palette takes them out of my top choices.

For a smaller, mid-range, set bag end is a quality design, good figs and lots of little details.  Circular windows are great and a ton of accessories.

Considering I have almost 400 SW sets and a decent amount of UCS sets, surprisingly, maybe, I'd say 8018 Armored Assault Tank. It's very nostalgic for me as it was the first 'big' set I ever got, and I have always loved the Separatists. The 2007 MTT (7662) is pretty close as well.

For me it's the 4504 MF, 7163 Republic Gunship or the 6210 Sail Barge. I'm big on nostalgia :tongue:

This might be a surprise, but my personal favorite is 9526 Palpatine's Arrest.
The minifigures are great and very exclusive and for a playset this captures probably one of the most epic turning points of the saga.
The set design is not the most detailed, of course, because in order to fit everything important into 100 dollars or so forces you to compromise some things,
but overall the atmosphere of the environment is just right (even though, the arrest does not even take place in this very room in the movie).

lego-star-wars-9526-Palpatine-Arrest-ibr

On 7/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, lego the hutt said:

Ewok village is mine.  I love lego trees.  A great variety and number of figs with tons of details and good natural colors.  As much as I enjoy the falcon and ISD that others mentioned (the isd being my favorite sw ship) the majority grey color palette takes them out of my top choices.

For a smaller, mid-range, set bag end is a quality design, good figs and lots of little details.  Circular windows are great and a ton of accessories.

Ewok Village is my favorite too. Massive amounts of nostalgia because I had the Kenner Ewok Village playset as a kid. It’s also just a fun set. Build is interesting. Lots of mini figures. Displays great. I really love my full display with Shuttle Tydirium (non-UCS) and an AT-ST.

I wasn't going to play because of the premise of the original post, but there have been so many great suggestions that I couldn't resist.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:18 AM, LegoDW said:

Jabba's Palace set

This is probably the correct answer. Even more so if you add the Rancor Pit and the figs from the Sail Barge.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:41 PM, Eaglefan344 said:

2015 Imperial Shuttle

Lovely display ship.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, Samppu said:

Palpatine's Arrest.

This is the one set I regret missing out on when it was in the shops.

On 7/7/2019 at 5:09 AM, ProvenceTristram said:

Probably one of the Tantive IVs? Maybe even the latest one? I am a complete sucker for capital ships. I just wish Lego would do a few others.

Building this at the moment and it's great. I like the modern quirks in the parts use for the greebling. Also the intelligence at work in the use of sand blue and yellow flecks to break up the symmetry and homogeneity.

The first Millenium Falcon, with the quarter bowls. It isn't the most beautiful set compared to what is available today, but simply because I spent a lot of time in my childhood playing with it.