Mitsman

Adventures of Bricks & Sorcery (A.B.S.) - A co-op dungeon crawler

Hey guys,

I am a new member here and just signed up a few days ago. I have been designing and tweaking a Heroica scale dungeon crawler for about a year now. I started doing it to introduce more complexity to the basic heroica games since my daughter gradually grew out of it and wanted more complexity but board games like Descent and Gloomhaven were far too complex for her, plus the English Language barrier was to high for her age. My intention is to translate everything in English (from Greek) and present it to you gradually as an nice dungeon crawler that you can play with your kids. Would you be interested in this or interest has been lost since the end of Heroica era?

Mitsman

PS. I hope this is the correct sub for this topic as the RPGs one is full of specific themes.

Edited by Mitsman

Thanks for the interest Thedarkmaster2! You do not have to help me with translation though, I will manage it myself quite easily :)

Just pop in from time to time to check on my progress and leave your honest comments, I would really appreciate it.

Mitsman

So hi everyone,

It's time for a short update. The name of the game has been decided and it's "Brickventures".

Here's a couple of pics to show the current map we are testing with my daughter.

uVxe9Yo.jpg

The adventure starts in the islets just outside the coast of this remote land. In the back is the castle were the abducted king of the land has been jailed into. Just off the coast starts the desert valley with a mysterious pyramid. As the desert fades the old forest starts to grow and cover the rest of the valley. A narrow passage carries the weary traveller up in the mountains where beyond the great waterfalls lies the castle. Hidden amongst its many rooms the adventurers will (?) find a set of stairs that will take them to the dungeons below the castle were somewhere deep is the King jailed and tortured for his crown!

gio6bGm.jpg

These lands are not for the faint hearted. The plains in front of the castle and the entrance to the castle itself are guarded by a Mountain Giant, no doubt persuaded by the dark forces that abducted the king.

The game has 7 different character classes with their own set of abilities. The Barbarian, The Wizard, The Knight, The Druid, The Cleric, The Ranger and The Rogue.

There is inspiration from every single game ever made up to now and I hope with your critic and comments, maybe just maybe, it will reach the level of acceptance that other LEGO games like Brickwars have reached.

Mitsman

Edited by Mitsman

Hey guys,

The draft version is ready. Over the next few days I will upload all pictures of the game and I am open to all critique, good and bad. There has been a lot of work put into this and quite some playtesting. It is not something I intend to sell or kickstart, my only wish is to have people that like it and wish to play with the rules.

All artwork is from the internets and used under the fair use as a placeholder for art that will be made by me. No copyright appropriation is intended and if anyone has any objections based on this please let me know and I will immediately remove the offending material.

So on with the pics, 34 in total.

F9kzbp3.jpg

Zo66ZKF.jpg

rdLnqOZ.jpg

9Nl8IcE.jpg

jb1c6Bk.jpg

a5lS1A6.jpg

TUaf4Nm.jpg

ot9IbN1.jpg

J2xmRmK.jpg

More in a couple of days!

Mitsman

So, I am back for more.

Monsters of the Brickventures world.

DCsI8Pb.jpg

14JzHZQ.jpg

69Xux9W.jpg

kdAxpND.jpg

Any comments so far? How do you like it?

Stupid idea? Good idea?

Good/bad gameplay?

Mitsman

Merry Christmas everyone!

Today I give you some more. The equipment!

4GHmoT0.jpg

EFbFPEy.jpg

qUnBlFt.jpg

H3a0LfG.jpg

vb9nNJs.jpg

3iTb4rt.jpg

AW0ZYNH.jpg

It seems that this sub is not really interested in non-computer games, so if there is no objection from the mods, I will create a new thread in the fantasy/historical subs to continue with this endeavour.

Mitsman

Hi everyone. Happy new year and all the best to you and family!

Next part is ready, heroes and abilities.

0bR5E7u.jpg

c587ree.jpg

COYq6CK.jpg

Be3LYEP.jpg

kpiyMwd.jpg

4d6iuDm.jpg

CXNanuV.jpg

5W3gmL6.jpg

UxDC6dc.jpg

Sorry for posting in both subs but I did not want to leave this one half complete. If there is any problem please let me know.

Mitsman

Hey guys,

Yes it took me some time to finish the last part but it's now done and done. So, the encounters:

bjpi7xV.jpg

cBc35HF.jpg

FIRGMRL.jpg

TcF77rK.jpg

6EzC5kl.jpg

I hope everyone is healthy and well and maybe with all the restrictions coming up due to the virus, some of you might actually find the time to try the game with your kids and pop me a critique.

Stay home, stay safe and play it out!

Mitsman

Hi Mitsman, I LOVE your project! It's very interesting. I love both lego and board games and I design them for the italian market since 2008. If you need some help, please contact me! (Apparently I can't send private messages in this forum, at the moment...)

Congratulations!

Simone

Hi Mitsman,

I've just signed up to say this looks amazing! It's exactly the sort of thing I've been scouring the net for. I've literally just started building my heroica set up last week as I've only just discovered it. Do you have a copy of these rules compiled into a pdf or other single file by chance?

Hey randommess,

I just saw you post as I do not frequent in the forum due to loads of work. I do have everything compiled. I have also completed about 80% of the new edition with more items, more abilities, more monsters, heavier rules etc. It looks more like a heavy Dungeon crawl game than heroica at this point. Check you messages..!

If anyone else is interested to get the compiled rules of 1st edition I would be more than happy to send them!

Mitsman

Hey Simone,

Thanks for the good words. I have been trying to do this connection between semi-rpg, boardgame and lego for 2 years now. I have a big experience with other dungeon crawlers on board and PC (as a player of course) and I am trying to make a new platform for everyone to enjoy all of these together. For free of course!!!

You may msg me whenever you like, now that I know some people are interested I will frequent more around here.

Misman

Hello! I just recently found Heroica and have been building my own map and playing it with my 6 year old daughter. I love the extended rules and stuff you came up with! I created an account so I could message you but I guess I can’t message people yet. I would love a pdf or something if that available. Thank you so much for your work. I’ve really enjoyed finding your posts. 

Hey! Check you messages :)

Just to let everyone know, the second edition is a fully formed dungeon crawler with loads of monsters, treasure, lots of abilities and of course monster AI. Once I have the instructions ready I will post more. In the meantime maybe we should create a thread or even use this one to post more about Heroica, Brickventures and other custom work on such systems!

Mitsman

Hi, I'm looking forward to the update! I haven't managed to have a go yet, mostly becasue my kid is a bit young at the momnet, so I've built  heroquest to get him started. I@ll update with some photos of that at some point.

Hey guys,

The core of the new edition of Brickventures is ready. There are 2 files with the rules and the cards. As I currently have no online storage to give you a link, any one that is interested to get the new edition just pop me a message with your email. Size of both files is around 4,5MB.

Be warned there is still room for improvement and balancing is still an ongoing process. I would really love your comments, questions and general input if you want to send it.

Mitsman

EDIT: I just tried to upload the files on a service. The link is here if anybody is interested https://gofile.io/d/Teep0K   Please let me know if this violates any rules.

Edited by Mitsman

Hey @Mitsman When I follow that link, it says the file doesn't exist. Super excited to take a look at what you've cooked up. Any chance we could get another upload? Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I have been busy lately with the game. There are huge changes and one of them is the actual name of the game. Unfortunately I found out that the name "Brickventures" was already taken by a company in Australia so I decided to change it so that I do not create any problems. The new (and improved?) name is "Adventures of Bricks & Sorcery (A.B.S.)".

If anyone is interested in following closer at my progress and adding comments or feedback I am also at BGG.com at the Works in Progress forums.

So, you may download the new version 2.19 at https://gofile.io/d/ZOenpd

I hope you like it! Please post your pics of dungeons and maps for everyone to see.

Mitsman

Hey mvLego,

Thanks for the comments! Did you get a chance to download the rules and cards? The file host I use has only a limit amount of time if people stop downloading.

In any case I will try to upload everything again in a week as I am away from home currently with very limited access to the net.

Mitsman

Hey guys,

Now that a lot of you have had the chance to go through the rules and maybe also had a go at playing the game, I would like to ask you this.
Do you feel ABS is good enough? Would you change any of the mechanics? Do you enjoy some mechanics more than others?
Please disregard the balancing for now as there is a long way yet before it is fully balanced and ready for final release.
I would really appreciate answers as then I would really know where the game stands with you all.

Mitsman

Hey ladies and gents,

Another update. For anyone that did not have the time to download, here is a new link.

Of course this is not all.

I just completed a new map :knight:. Any comments?

w0pUR3m.png

Mitsman