adde51

Along the coral road

A small vig I made recently after I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

48116183698_48f991df4d_c.jpg

3 minutes ago, adde51 said:

A small vig I made recently after I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

Dude, talk about NPU overload! *huh* Your reusage of that "Spinjitzu Tornado" part caught my eye in particular, and those "spring-sprung missiles" surprisingly don't look outta place within the alien foliage! :thumbup: :wink:

P.S. On a side note, the lighting in that shot makes the spacemen look Flame Yellowish Orange rather than Bright Yellow:shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, adde51 said:

I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, whydontcha. :tongue:

Beautiful use of color, in a somewhat whimsical build. Looks like fun. :classic: 

Firstly a great use of a relatively unknown color.

Secondly as a Ninjago fan the use of the forbidden Spinjitzu piece is amazing, what are those cyan pieces if I may ask

On 7/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Dude, talk about NPU overload! *huh* Your reusage of that "Spinjitzu Tornado" part caught my eye in particular, and those "spring-sprung missiles" surprisingly don't look outta place within the alien foliage! :thumbup: :wink:

P.S. On a side note, the lighting in that shot makes the spacemen look Flame Yellowish Orange rather than Bright Yellow:shrug_oh_well:

Haha, thanks man! Fun to use a bunch of pieces that otherwise are a bit tricky to get into a MOC. 

22 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, whydontcha. :tongue:

Beautiful use of color, in a somewhat whimsical build. Looks like fun. :classic: 

:laugh: cheers, a lot of fun to build, haha! 

21 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Firstly a great use of a relatively unknown color.

Secondly as a Ninjago fan the use of the forbidden Spinjitzu piece is amazing, what are those cyan pieces if I may ask

Thank you very much! I actually ”borrowed” the spinjitzu piece from one of my kids :grin:

On 7/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, adde51 said:

Thank you very much! I actually ”borrowed” the spinjitzu piece from one of my kids

You're welcome, though mind if I ask where those cyan pieces are from?

21 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

You're welcome, though mind if I ask where those cyan pieces are from?

That's element #6058746, originally from the Disney Princess line; it's also appeared in some Friends and Elves sets, as well as in Earth Blue in a couple TLM2 sets. From what I've heard some of the larger stores have had it in the PaB wall.

13 hours ago, tafkatb said:

That's element #6058746, originally from the Disney Princess line; it's also appeared in some Friends and Elves sets, as well as in Earth Blue in a couple TLM2 sets. From what I've heard some of the larger stores have had it in the PaB wall.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification 

Man, I'm absolutely NOT into Space, but this vignette is lovely! :-D

19 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is indeed a colourful stroll through an alien landscape... Nice work @adde51, it's been posted on the Eurobricks frontpage!

Wow, thanks a lot! Glad you liked it :sweet:

4 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

I really like this. It reminds me of old sci-fi paintings or classic sci-fi comic book covers.

Cheers man, sort of the look I was going for :excited:

1 hour ago, charlesp1138 said:

I'm in love with this.

Those carrots look great. And the path is amazing.

Very glad to hear, thanks! 

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Man, I'm absolutely NOT into Space, but this vignette is lovely! :-D

Haha, glad you liked it despite the space-figs! :wink:

Hello!

That's a very harmonic look of a foreign planets plant life! It's always difficult to design shapes and colours in your mind to give it the right space touch. You did perfectly fine here! :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

4 hours ago, adde51 said:

Wow, thanks a lot! Glad you liked it :sweet:

You're welcome - keep up the good work! :thumbup:

I love this. I love alien-themed lego builds/sets, especially with alien plants and wildlife. Would probably buy this if it was in the stores with some more builds like this.

On July 4, 2019 at 10:52 AM, adde51 said:

I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

*Sniff* I want coral... 

I love the way the 1x4s are aligned. I thought it was foam at first. Good job!

Edited by legostarwars1425

On 7/11/2019 at 10:51 PM, Legostein said:

Hello!

That's a very harmonic look of a foreign planets plant life! It's always difficult to design shapes and colours in your mind to give it the right space touch. You did perfectly fine here! :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

Much appreciated, thank you! Fun to mess around a bit with pieces and colours that otherwise are not that ”useful”. 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Creepy planet ...lovely MOC: very original and unusual! :wub:

Haha, thanks a lot! 

On 7/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, Park7573 said:

I love this. I love alien-themed lego builds/sets, especially with alien plants and wildlife. Would probably buy this if it was in the stores with some more builds like this.

Very glad to hear, thanks! 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:20 PM, Space Police XVIII said:

Great color scheme and nicely alien! 

Looks like there's a wrecked carrot freighter just out of frame though.

Cheers! Haha, there just might be :laugh:

On 7/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, legostarwars1425 said:

*Sniff* I want coral... 

I love the way the 1x4s are aligned. I thought it was foam at first. Good job!

It’s a wierd colour because it really looks different depending on the surrounding light, more so than any other lego colour I’ve seen so far. Glad you liked the path! 

@adde51

Great use of parts and colours! Looks like something out of a 1930s depiction of an alien world such as Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers.

My only issue is fleshy CS spacemen. Fleshies? Really?

16 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@adde51

Great use of parts and colours! Looks like something out of a 1930s depiction of an alien world such as Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers.

My only issue is fleshy CS spacemen. Fleshies? Really?

Thank you! Haha, the fleshy CS is indeed a divider :laugh:

Ok, I can't figure out what the "red road" is made with, is it some sort of snot technique? For some reason I think it looks like some sort of foam. :shrug_confused:

16 hours ago, Luiggi-Brick said:

Great colors!, I am pretty sure that saw your work at Instagram, but do not remeber well your name in there.

Real nice.

Thank you! My name on instagram is drdoddo :wink: 

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Ok, I can't figure out what the "red road" is made with, is it some sort of snot technique? For some reason I think it looks like some sort of foam. :shrug_confused:

The road is made using a bunch of 1x4 plates in coral. They are just stacked and then placed lying down (so snot). :classic: