PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] Walking tank

Hi all.

I thought I'd post my new moc. It's a sc-fi world war 2 tank. It does have some unofficial minifigures in it which I hope does not upset the purists too much. Hope you like it :)

48162260281_13a9522ce2_c.jpg

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

On 7/4/2019 at 10:12 PM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

It does have some unofficial minifigures in it which I hope does not upset the purists too much

If you didn't say anything, would anyone have noticed? :look:

On 7/17/2019 at 5:38 AM, Bardan_Jusik said:

This is awesome! I can't tell because of the angle, is it three legs or four?

Thanks, it has 4 legs.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mister Phes said:

I think there are quite a few keen eyed Lego fans around here that would spot that right away :head_back:

On 7/25/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sarles said:

I would hate to ride in that thing, but completely awesome looking work. 

Cheers :classic:

On 8/8/2019 at 5:05 AM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

I think there are quite a few keen eyed Lego fans around here that would spot that right away :head_back:

Well, let's frontpage this beast and see if anyone else notices. :grin:

Congrats on being front paged and I love the design.......reminds me in a way of the walking tanks from 2012 cartoon take on World Of The Worlds set in 1914 in a steam punk world.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Well, let's frontpage this beast and see if anyone else notices. :grin:

Awesome!

I think that people that build WW2 inspired stuff are a little more forgiving regarding non official mini figs for soldiers. Lets hope that extends to sci-fi flavoured WW2 builds too. 

3 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Congrats on being front paged and I love the design.......reminds me in a way of the walking tanks from 2012 cartoon take on World Of The Worlds set in 1914 in a steam punk world.

Hey thanks. I just checked out the 2012 War of the Worlds and I can totally see what you mean.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

unofficial minifigures

When you say unofficial, do you mean like they're custom/ modified.Or do you mean off brand like megablocks? That wording is just odd.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, Mister Phes said:

There are people do obsessed with Lego, they can tell the difference between official 1-1 studs and off brand 1-1 studs

Really cool mecha tank, I like how  you used an upside-down build to make the lower half of the tank's main body as well as the smooth integration of the Bionicle/Buildable Action Figure parts into the build.  I'm also guessing that the torsos for your British troops are BrickArms/Brickmania custom prints?

It's nice to see someone else around here who does Weird War type builds. :D 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

I thought I'd post my new moc. It's a sc-fi world war 2 tank.

Sweet! :sweet: I'm rather surprised this (a Dieselpunk mecha of all things) had escaped my attention... :thumbup: :oh3:

I always love creations that make usage of arch brick 87559; and being a WWII-themed four-legged walker, I'm reminded of Tyler Clites' Walking Pillbox... :wink:

Walking Pillbox - 01

On 8/12/2019 at 2:17 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Impressive MOC ...powerful legs and great choice of color for this beautiful diorama! :wub:

On 8/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Laura Beinbrech said:

Really cool mecha tank, I like how  you used an upside-down build to make the lower half of the tank's main body as well as the smooth integration of the Bionicle/Buildable Action Figure parts into the build.  I'm also guessing that the torsos for your British troops are BrickArms/Brickmania custom prints?

It's nice to see someone else around here who does Weird War type builds. :D 

Glad you like it. I think the troops are Brickmania, I got the from Amazon. I do like a good diesel punk moc too.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:56 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Sweet! :sweet: I'm rather surprised this (a Dieselpunk mecha of all things) had escaped my attention... :thumbup: :oh3:

I always love creations that make usage of arch brick 87559; and being a WWII-themed four-legged walker, I'm reminded of Tyler Clites' Walking Pillbox... :wink:

Walking Pillbox - 01

Yes the big arch brick is a great piece for rounding out forms.

Tyler seems to have build something from every genre in sci fi and pop culture and done it brilliantly too.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:46 PM, legostarwars1425 said:

Wow, I love this kind of thing. It seems like something out of The Lego movie, but more violent. Gosh, this is really cool. 

Glad you like it :classic: