Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Portuguese Royal Train (Second Version)

Hello,

The first element (Dark green car) of the train was the Saloon built in Belgium in 1858 by the Compagnie Générale de Matériels de Chemins de Fer of Brussels. It was ordered by Victor Emanuel, King of Italy, as a dowry for the wedding of his daughter, Maria Pia of Savoy, to King Dom Luís of Portugal.It was often used for trips by the royal family, in particular the opening of new lines such as those to Elvas (1863), and the Maria Pia bridge over the Douro (1877). After the Revolution in 1910 it was put into secure storage.

The second element of the Royal Train is the locomotive, built in Manchester by the Beyer Peacock Company and exhibited at the 1862 International Exhibition in South Kensington, London. It was described in the catalogue as a "Locomotive express passenger engine and tender, designed for the South Eastern of Portugal Railway Company." and named "D. Luíz" after the king. It won Beyer Peacock a bronze medal.

The third element is the "Prince's Saloon" (Dark Green with lots of gold) delivered from the British manufacturers Ibbotson Brothers and Co. Ltd. of Sheffield in 1877. It was ordered by Queen Dona Maria Pia (recipient of the earlier Saloon) for her son, Prince Dom Carlos (later King Carlos I). It was first used at the opening of the Maria Pia Bridge over the Douro in 1877.Like the Saloon, it was kept securely after the 1910 Revolution which saw King Carlos I's son, King Manuel II, deposed.

The Lego version Is Motorized with PF train motor

48098317036_b237dcfaf0_c.jpgLEGO - Portuguese Royal Train | Comboio Real Português by Sérgio Batista
entroncamentoaniversariomuseu.jpg

Edited by Sérgio

You've created an excellent rendition of this royal train. Your attention to detail is superb and it looks spot on.

Very nice MOC with beautiful lines! I would love to see it running if you have a video?

Also - where did you source the chromed gold pieces from? 

13 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

Very nice MOC with beautiful lines! I would love to see it running if you have a video?

Also - where did you source the chromed gold pieces from? 

Hi, this train isn't build yet, this is a render of a digital Creation, however, most of mine chrome parts (in other builds) I order from a Brick Link Store named Chrome Block City (they are custom/professional painted parts)

On 7/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful and expensive project!

I love the dark green and the gold pieces! :wub_drool:

Very well made! :thumbup:

Thank you,

It is not cheap, but i think I already made more expensive trains without any chrome :)

I Have more Chrome/Gold Parts than Dark Green at home. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:39 PM, Feuer Zug said:

You've created an excellent rendition of this royal train. Your attention to detail is superb and it looks spot on.

Thank You

On 7/4/2019 at 5:56 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Lovely ... Can we get you to share more pictures?

I will upload more images, as soon as possible :)