MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Now that the final sets have leaked, minifig speculation time! (NOT INSIDE INFO. I'm not that lucky :grin:)

AAT: Will most likely be based on the Anaxes Arc, and come with 2 Battle Droids, Possibly Trench, Jesse, and a Jet Trooper.

Anakin's Interceptor: Anakin and R2 obviously, with a 501st Trooper as the third figure.

BARC Speeder: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Rex, Ahsoka, 332nd Trooper.

These are just random guesses, but I forsee the BARC Speeder being the only Mandalore related set, with maybe one of the extra set numbers (the recently leaked ones) as a surprise set.

Anakin's Interceptor is the only one we can really tell, since two of the figures are obvious. The 501st won't get a battle pack anytime soon, but putting a few unique members across 3 cheap sets could be Lego's attempt at a compromise. We've got to at least see the Jet Trooper, since it's the safest 501st option (and the coolest). Again, this is speculation only.

It's really weird that we know about most of Summer sets, but we still don't know anything about the April set...

I hope the BARC Speeder comes with interesting minfigs (last one came with Rex and Kenobi, this would be interesting).

Anakin's Interceptor I'm not interested in. IF the minfig is Clone Wars based and doesn't have a headset for flying, I might consider getting it as I like the starfighter.

Just now, AndrewShun said:

BARC speeder for 30 bucks. Well done, LG

I just realized that it could come with a droid and a CIS Speeder. Hopefully Kalani or a Commando Droid.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's really weird that we know about most of Summer sets, but we still don't know anything about the April set...

I’m convinced this is because the last April set is Duel on Exegol, and they’ve kept it quiet for as long as possible to ensure  theaters everywhere have finished their runs of the film.  My local theater only had it’s final showing just last week.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I just realized that it could come with a droid and a CIS Speeder. Hopefully Kalani or a Commando Droid. 

So it's save to say the set is not based on the battle on Saleucami?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the BARC Speeder comes with interesting minfigs (last one came with Rex and Kenobi, this would be interesting).

Anakin's Interceptor I'm not interested in. IF the minfig is Clone Wars based and doesn't have a headset for flying, I might consider getting it as I like the starfighter.

Yeah there seems to be some kind of secrecy around the April wave set that is unlike anything we’ve seen from the other sets. There must be a reason for this.

Just now, AndrewShun said:

Remember the last BARC Speeder came with four minifigures, notably Captain Rex, a CIS speeder AND was $25.  That was 2013.  $5 more in 2020 covers inflation and suggests four minifigures, meaning this set will most likely see the return of Phase II Captain Rex or an equally desirable figure.  I’m most excited for this set!

2 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

So it's save to say the set is not based on the battle on Saleucami?

I don't know. It could be, in which case it's actually two BARC Speeders, if not three. But since that'd be awfully redundant of Lego (and Order 66 related, which is a sore subject for TLG), it's more likely a rehash of Barc Speeder and Sidecar, but with a regular speeder, a CIS Speeder, and four or so figures.

Also, the Razorcrest rumor sounds amazing if true. But I'm reserving judgement for actual confirmation.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

:sceptic:these sound rather boring, nothing new really. I'm afraid we won't get real Clone Wars figures after all... Or is there still hope?

Nothing exciting like Bo-Katan (which would really irk me :hmpf_bad:), but possibly a Jet Trooper (which would sate me well :laugh:). No figures are known at this point though, so who knows.

10 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Remember the last BARC Speeder came with four minifigures, notably Captain Rex, a CIS speeder AND was $25.  That was 2013.  $5 more in 2020 covers inflation and suggests four minifigures, meaning this set will most likely see the return of Phase II Captain Rex or an equally desirable figure.  I’m most excited for this set!

That speeder was already overproportioned and, moreover, had a sidecar. So, unless there's a bigger vehicle added to this, the form of the speeder is going to be even more hideous

Edited by AndrewShun

Fortunately I have the last Anakin Interceptor and won’t need this new one. Considering I already have many BARC speeders I will most likely pick up the new one just for the figures.

Just wanted to say that i am so thankful for all the leaks.
Without knowing the design and minifigures i am super interested in Interceptor,Barc Speeder,Razor Crest and AAT which i want multiple sets of,and there is AT-AT which is going to be great Christmas present for myself(unless ATT is so great that i need 20 of them).
I am definitely not paying 80 $ for Soulless One when i can get 2 ATT sets instead(unless it comes with updated magna guards and becomes heavily discounted)and i have no interest in Night Buzzard,dont care about original trilogy helmets or D-O. 
Overall i am super satisfied with both waves without even knowing the reminder of the sets,and finally there is something for everyone.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Well,if it includes captain rex like 75012 did i am very interested.

Me too, rex is pretty expensive on bricklink

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The interceptor and BARC both hinge on the figures for me, but unless the AAT has no clones or ahsoka, I'll buy it.

28 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

I'm pretty sure the last BARC set was $25. and was 7 years ago, so this is actually not really an increase if you count inflation. (The red one, based on that one episode at the start of the slaver arc.)

@Skyhammer Not 100% confirmed but I guess someone on instagram leaked it and @jdubbs implied the leak was real.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm pretty sure the last BARC set was $25. and was 7 years ago, so this is actually not really an increase if you count inflation. (The red one, based on that one episode at the start of the slaver arc.)

The last BARC speeder was released as a 15$ set released in 2014 (75037 Battle on Saleucami) :wink: Unless it's like the sidecar version released before that, there might be some extra vehicle included?

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The last BARC speeder was released a 15$ set released in 2014 (75037 Battle on Saleucami) :wink: Unless it's like the sidecar version released before that, there might be some extra vehicle included?

Ah yes, you’re right.  I’ve always considered that set our modern remake / mix of the now legendary original two battle packs.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, an additional summer wave set :classic:

Great!  Honestly sounds like a fantastic wave to me so far.  Unless TLG fails miserably on the mini-figure line up (or you’re just one of those hard core prequel haters) I don’t see why anyone was disappointed initially.

Hoping the Barc Speeder will be based on TCW to go with the AAT. 

Was it confirmed that the third figure in the Greivous Starfighter is a new clone variant? I can’t for the life of me think what it could be considering it’s not Cody.

Edited by ArrowBricks

*oh2* Ooooh, so exited for this. I hope the printing of the clones (especially the 501st one) matches the one from the Utapau battle pack (75036) a few years back. Now that would be a treat. :moar: :drool:

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Hoping the Barc Speeder will be based on TCW to go with the AAT. 

Was it confirmed that the third figure in the Greivous Starfighter is a new clone variant? I can’t for the life of me think what it could be considering it’s not Cody.

One of the 'leakers' said it was (will have to search back to remember who). They said it was a clone, not Cody, but couldn't remember the variant.