MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, NicDotFR said:

i didnt have any particular expectations tbh but just looking at it is like,,,, how are they gon make money out of this lol (even tho i know boba fett is very popular and anything from him sells but like,,,,, idk man) 

I'll be honest, I don't know what they're going for here either. The helmets are at a pretty high price point for what is assumably a test to see if there's enough demand. I assume the sculptures sell well or they'd stop making them, but unless that last set in the wave is something pretty bright I might just skip it for what's shaping up to be an exceptional summer wave.

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Doesn't sound that good to me considering they already made Santa Vader in 2014 calendar

It's been awhile, and even if you happen to have santa vader it's nice to know we're returning to new prints for christmas characters.

Lego Mandalorian Brickheadz reference is 75317 when Lego X-wing is 75273.
Does it means at least 44 sets will be released this year ?
It would be a lot of set for this year.
Do brickheadz references are included in the references lines of regular sets.
On brickset for 2019, there was 60 sets including all kinds of sets, polybag, ucs.

Edited by w219

1 hour ago, w219 said:

Lego Mandalorian Brickheadz reference is 75317 when Lego X-wing is 75273.
Does it means 44 sets will be released this year ?
It would be a lot of set for this year.
Do brickheadz references are included in the references lines of regular sets.
On brickset for 2019, there was 60 sets including all kind of sets, polybag, ucs.

Bear in mind that promotional sets, gifts with purchase, poly bags, etc. are numbered differently from mainline sets. In the 75xxx line, there were something like 35 sets released in 2019, including some oddballs like the Vader bust, several 4+ sets, the three battle action sets, and all the 20th Anniversary sets. 2020 is looking to include about  ¾ that many at this point, though there are a lot of skipped set numbers which could still be coming as retail store exclusives, maybe another wave, etc.

The Mandalorian Brickhead is something like 25 numbers ahead of the highest reported 2020 set number (75291), which is not part of the summer wave of sets and likely a retail store exclusive. From this we can conclude that when this Brickhead set was added to the lineup — which probably occurred back in November 2019 (given The Child was not revealed to license partners before the show began to air) — LEGO had already mapped out 25 sets for 2021 (on top of all the 2020 sets that were already in various stages of production). This might constitute the entire 2021 LEGO Star Wars lineup, or it might be the first two waves plus odds and ends. But it is definitely interesting in that it pretty much confirms just how far out LEGO plans its mainline products... as much as 2 years in advance.

This should probably temper expectations that 2021 will see many sets from the Cassian Andor series or Obi-Wan series (neither of which has started filming yet) or even The Mandalorian season 2, which began filming shortly after season 1 aired (I think?)... though sets based on concept artwork would still be possible of course.

Edited by jdubbs

" Bear in mind that promotional sets, gifts with purchase, poly bags, etc. are numbered differently from mainline sets. In the 75xxx line, there were something like 35 sets released in 2019 "
You are right for the promotional sets, gifts etc but  there was 60 sets in 2019. Almost 40 of them are regular sets.
And we do not know all the sets coming for 2020.
We maybe know some of them but maybe not all of them.
Imperial landing craft, if i am not wrong, was announced by Lego and was not leaked before.

At this point it’s a waiting game. We can make guesses all day long but it comes down to waiting and seeing. The list we have is all the sets we know about. Like @jdubbs has said, there may be a few more as retail exclusives, there may not. Wanting there to be more doesn't make it so

I’m actually pretty excited for the sets we do know about. None of them stand out as duds to me. I do really wish there were a couple of Clone Wars sets at a higher price point though. 

15 minutes ago, w219 said:

" Bear in mind that promotional sets, gifts with purchase, poly bags, etc. are numbered differently from mainline sets. In the 75xxx line, there were something like 35 sets released in 2019 "
You are right for the promotional sets, gifts etc but  there was 60 sets in 2019. Almost 40 of them are regular sets.
And we do not know all the sets coming for 2020.
We maybe know some of them but maybe not all of them.
Imperial landing craft, if i am not wrong, was announced by Lego and was not leaked before.

While there may have been 60-odd sets/polys/etc total in 2019, the "35" estimate was just the sets in the 75xxx numbering scheme, which are the sets relevant to your original question. (And, ±35 is pretty close to "almost 40".) If you want an exact count, go to Brickset, count the number of 75xxx sets released in 2019, and that's your answer. Pretty sure it's around 35. :)

The complete mainline (listed in the retail catalogs) April and Summer waves are known (to some, not all) at this point. But as I said, there are several numbers skipped that might end up being released one way or another. (Or might stay skipped, as a few do each year.) The quantity and identity of retail store exclusives are still a guessing game, and there is also the chance of another set further down the line being pulled forward, like this brickhead, or Vader's Castle in 2018. 

Imperial Landing Craft was originally a TRU exclusive that abruptly became a mainline set when TRU folded, so it's by no means typical. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

While there may have been 60-odd sets/polys/etc total in 2019, the "35" estimate was just the sets in the 75xxx numbering scheme, which are the sets relevant to your original question. (And, ±35 is pretty close to "almost 40".) If you want an exact count, go to Brickset, count the number of 75xxx sets released in 2019, and that's your answer. Pretty sure it's around 35. :)

The complete mainline (listed in the retail catalogs) April and Summer waves are known (to some, not all) at this point. But as I said, there are several numbers skipped that might end up being released one way or another. (Or might stay skipped, as a few do each year.) The quantity and identity of retail store exclusives are still a guessing game, and there is also the chance of another set further down the line being pulled forward, like this brickhead, or Vader's Castle in 2018. 

Imperial Landing Craft was originally a TRU exclusive that abruptly became a mainline set when TRU folded, so it's by no means typical. 

Thank you for keeping up with the questions by the way, we appreciate it immensely. It helps a lot just to have an idea of what is going on and what to possibly expect/not expect, even without getting into specifics.

13 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

@jdubbs You mentioned earlier that there is another set that you said was guessed correctly on a wishlist. I was wondering if this set was the att or if the set you’re referring to has been leaked yet.

My speculation is that he winked at the duel on exegol as being the last april wave set 75274 at 70 $ but thats just my guess.

20 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

My speculation is that he winked at the duel on exegol as being the last april wave set 75274 at 70 $ but thats just my guess.

It could also be the interceptor, tri-fighter, or even the much more unlikely mandalorian starfighter. Personally, I doubt a duel on exogol would be coming in april, it just seems a bit spoilery for something coming so soon after, and we know how long out they plan these, but it's always possible.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

It could also be the interceptor, tri-fighter, or even the much more unlikely mandalorian starfighter. Personally, I doubt a duel on exogol would be coming in april, it just seems a bit spoilery for something coming so soon after, and we know how long out they plan these, but it's always possible.

The price point is 70$ though, so it can't be the Tri-Fighter or the Interceptor, leaving only the Duel on Exegol and the Mandalorian Starfighter :wink:

55 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Personally, I doubt a duel on exogol would be coming in april, it just seems a bit spoilery for something coming so soon after, and we know how long out they plan these, but it's always possible. 

I am on the fence about the duel on exegol: on one hand we don't know when palpatine was added to the IX script, possibly cutting the time for lego start designing the set -but then again his presence was announced last april, so it would be at least a year, more than enough time for a mid-range set, I guess-; on the other hand april has been the month of the home video release for the last couple of episodes and THIS april is also when the new videogame will be released, thus making the duel a "late-arrival spoiler" and perfectly safe for a set to be on shelves.

17 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

I am on the fence about the duel on exegol: on one hand we don't know when palpatine was added to the IX script, possibly cutting the time for lego start designing the set -but then again his presence was announced last april, so it would be at least a year, more than enough time for a mid-range set, I guess-; on the other hand april has been the month of the home video release for the last couple of episodes and THIS april is also when the new videogame will be released, thus making the duel a "late-arrival spoiler" and perfectly safe for a set to be on shelves.

Well I’m not too sure if those supposed “leaks” are real release dates for the Skywalker Saga video game but they could be. Regardless, Palpatine had a pretty big role in this movie and so I feel like Lego can’t just leave him out. They have to do a set with him in it and the duel on Exegol set would make the most sense. Also, the previous throne room type set was around $70 if I’m not mistaken.

44 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dont see tri-fighter at 70 $ and with 2 separatist vehicles already "leaked" i doubt we would get third.Mandalorian starfighter is a big possibility cause its very important ship and it was in a lot of pages in son of dathomir,also fits the 70$ with last one being 50$.I still think its Duel on Exegol cause of LEGO routine that they followed after every sequel movie,they made 2 movie microfighters in january all 3 times,then movie battle pack all 3 times then 4 movie sets.Atm we have 2 movie sets released and 1(buzzard) "leaked" so that would be fourth and final set like Snokes throne room was in 2018,which was also 70$.(but then again we dont have all the info and some of the 4 unknown wave sets(75282,75285,75287 or 75291) could be 4th from rise of skywalker).
I am personally rooting for mauls mandalorian starfighter but its more likely that 1 of the 30$ sets for summer would end up being mandalorian tcw set.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The price point is 70$ though, so it can't be the Tri-Fighter or the Interceptor, leaving only the Duel on Exegol and the Mandalorian Starfighter :wink:

52 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I dont see tri-fighter at 70 $ and with 2 separatist vehicles already "leaked" i doubt we would get third.Mandalorian starfighter is a big possibility cause its very important ship and it was in a lot of pages in son of dathomir,also fits the 70$ with last one being 50$.I still think its Duel on Exegol cause of LEGO routine that they followed after every sequel movie,they made 2 movie microfighters in january all 3 times,then movie battle pack all 3 times then 4 movie sets.Atm we have 2 movie sets released and 1(buzzard) "leaked" so that would be fourth and final set like Snokes throne room was in 2018,which was also 70$.(but then again we dont have all the info and some of the 4 unknown wave sets(75282,75285,75287 or 75291) could be 4th from rise of skywalker).
I am personally rooting for mauls mandalorian starfighter but its more likely that 1 of the 30$ sets for summer would end up being mandalorian tcw set.

Guys I meant for the prediction of his that was correct, like @jdubbs said. Of course the interceptor or tri fighter wouldn't be $70, but @ARC2149Nova mentions them in his wishlists, and all we know is that one upcoming set will be one of the things he wishlisted. I wasn't saying that an eta-2 would be the april set, but that it could be what jdubbs was referring too. Sorry for any confusion

Edited by Mandalorianknight

50 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Well I’m not too sure if those supposed “leaks” are real release dates for the Skywalker Saga video game but they could be. Regardless, Palpatine had a pretty big role in this movie and so I feel like Lego can’t just leave him out. They have to do a set with him in it and the duel on Exegol set would make the most sense. Also, the previous throne room type set was around $70 if I’m not mistaken.

I now realize that I took a "leak" for a fact (the release dates for the game and home video). I was sure it was an announced thing, but you pointing it out made me remember that I never actually read such a date from an official source. Let's blame the internet and its power to turn rumors into fact :D
Anyway I agree that Exegol seems the most likely candidate for the 70$ april set, my reply was mostly a comment on the "spoilery" used by @Mandalorianknight regarding such a set, noting how if an exegol set would allegedly coincide with the release of game and dvd/bluray/laserdisc/VHS/whateverelse, the latter would render moot the spoiler nature of the first.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Guys I meant for the prediction of his that was correct, like @jdubbs said. Of course the interceptor or tri fighter wouldn't be $70, but @ARC2149Nova mentions them in his wishlists, and all we know is that one upcoming set will be one of the things he wishlisted.

And on that note, @jdubbs did mention April specifically, leading everyone to my Duel on Exegol prediction. The Tri-Fighter was more of a goof than a real guess, and I'd rather get Anakin in the AAT, though @jdubbs hint that there'd be many repeats led me to the interceptor conclusion. It would make sense for a $30 set after all.

Edit: On a hunch I was looking through my lists and went up to my 2021 ideal wave, and stopped at my spring predictions. As a wild guess, I mentioned a TIE Bomber (nope), a Cloud Car (super nope), and a B-Wing :oh:. Now, I was wishlisting a Rebel B-Wing for ROTJ, but a Resistance B-Wing would complete the set we already have. And it would definitely fit the price point of $70...

Edited by ARC2149Nova

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

So with this new set list that now has 8 sets listed, are the two unknown sets that were formerly thought to be skipped - do those that have insider info know what these sets are supposed to be, or are those news to you guys as well, if you don't mind me asking?  (I'm not asking what they are, just if they're actually known or not at this point in time)

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

And on that note, @jdubbs did mention April specifically, leading everyone to my Duel on Exegol prediction. The Tri-Fighter was more of a goof than a real guess, and I'd rather get Anakin in the AAT, though @jdubbs hint that there'd be many repeats led me to the interceptor conclusion. It would make sense for a $30 set after all.

Edit: On a hunch I was looking through my lists and went up to my 2021 ideal wave, and stopped at my spring predictions. As a wild guess, I mentioned a TIE Bomber (nope), a Cloud Car (super nope), and a B-Wing :oh:. Now, I was wishlisting a Rebel B-Wing for ROTJ, but a Resistance B-Wing would complete the set we already have. And it would definitely fit the price point of $70...

I went back to look at the post and he never does say april, just that "at least one of your predictions" outside the ATT is correct. Not trying to prove anyone wrong, just trying to make sure we aren't mixing up what @jdubbs said. Exogol totally could be that last april set, but jdubb's words aren't a confirmation

Exogol could totally be what he was referring too, but so could the interceptor, or the tri-fighter, etc, seeing as he wouldn't have known you meant the tri-fighter as a goof until now. (Though I will concede the interceptor is much more likely, especially seeing as this summer wave currently has 1 CIS ship to 0 GAR ships, and the 4 sets we know are all darkside vehicles.

@Kit Figsto good question, if they're able to answer it without jepordizing anything it could give us some insight as to what's happening with those sets, i.e. fi they're retail exclusives, retooled mando sets like jdubbs speculated, etc.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I went back to look at the post and he never does say april, just that "at least one of your predictions" outside the ATT is correct. Not trying to prove anyone wrong, just trying to make sure we aren't mixing up what @jdubbs said. Exogol totally could be that last april set, but jdubb's words aren't a confirmation

I went back and looked, and his words were "the list I'm referencing covered the april wave too", in his second or so post on the matter. It wasn't in his first reply though, so you're correct on that front. Which, admittedly diminishes my B-Wing theory, but opens the possibility of a Mandalorian fighter. The Duel's more likely, but no direct confirmation of anything yet.

The April and Summer waves are "known". I am guessing at least the April wave will be more fully known, by more people, in another week. Beyond that, we've already seen that there is at least one additional set coming in 2020 (the Brickhead two-pack). It's a safe bet there will be a few more 2020 sets long the way, at least in the form of a retail store exclusives.

Beyond that, I'm going to step back from commenting on this stuff any further. I can't — while maintaining my sanity — respond to every rumor someone decides to post about a new set number that may to may not be legit, drawn from someone's wishlist, or the product of a feedback loop between EB and Instagram. I can also see now that it was a mistake to drop that hint about another of those guesses being right, because it's set off a firestorm of speculation that I honestly don't need to be the center of. I'd prefer to just let others who actually want the notoriety do the leaking from here on out... (and rest assured, if it gets them more likes and followers, they will).

29 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Beyond that, I'm going to step back from commenting on this stuff any further. I can't — while maintaining my sanity — respond to every rumor someone decides to post about a new set number that may to may not be legit, drawn from someone's wishlist, or the product of a feedback loop between EB and Instagram. I can also see now that it was a mistake to drop that hint about another of those guesses being right, because it's set off a firestorm of speculation that I honestly don't need to be the center of.

To be fair though, most people (myself included) are just taking that as a hint to the Duel on Exegol being in the next wave. Other guesses are just to really break up the monotony, but I can see how it can get annoying. If we're wrong, we'll see.

My money’s on Duel on Exegol is the last April set.  By far makes the most sense all things considered.

That brings us to:

- *Duel on Exegol*

- Night Buzzard

- AT-AT

- Soulless One

- AAT