MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's Commander Cody guys! And he has both a new helmet mold and armprinting!

Did you watch the video.... thats a custom he pulled up for a moc of box art, thats the 2010 model

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Did you watch the video.... thats a custom he pulled up for a moc of box art, thats the 2010 model

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s fake, look at Vonreg‘s TIE on the side:laugh_hard:

Already edited it, didn't actually watch the video while I probably should've done that. Got excited over nothing :cry_sad:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

EDIT: nevermind, I was way too fast :wall:

Don't worry about it:laugh_hard: Happend at least once to most of us I think. Luckily you catched it before it blew up.

15 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Apparently there's this German youtuber  (posted in the Harry Potter topic) who went to the toy fair and has seen the sets. He couldn't talk about anything we didn't know yet, however (and my German is bad, so correct me if I'm wrong) but apparently the Advent Calendar comes with an exclusive Darth Vader with a Christmas sweater on which has a star on it (he might have said deathstar but I'm not sure about that). Can anyone who speaks German confirm this? (Not sure if I can post the video here, but it's over on the last page of the Harry Potter topic).

Btw, I must also say that I don't know if the YouTuber is a credible source. I don't know him. So take it with a grain of salt. Just thought it was worth sharing.

Sounds great! Finally getting back to christmas figures, I wonder if we'll see the new helmet mold in red.

8 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

A very blurry picture of Grievous' Starfighter has leaked.

Yes! This supports the rumors/leaks of the summer wave being prequel, and looks pretty nice. I only have the 2005 grevious, and not his ship, so I might pick this one up if the starfighter looks nice, it has cody, and ideally is less than $80

29 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

And he is guessing at it being Commander Cody.

I want to say it's really likely that it is cody, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up. The image is pretty blurry, and it's possible it could be a separtist leader, utapaun, or just a normal 212th trooper.

TBD-IP-14 is the Stromtrooper Helmet (75276). Target has it listed at $69.99 USD. Walmart has it for $59.99 for whatever reason. Thats the link I see being thrown around here. 

General Grievous' Starfighter (75286) (thanks, Renown ;P) is listed on Target at $79.99. I have yet to see a Walmart price for this set. If someone has the Walmart link, I'd be happy to take a look. 

Edited by Childish_Landino

Just now, Childish_Landino said:

TBD-IP-14 is the Stromtrooper Helmet (75276). Target has it listed at $69.99 USD. Walmart has it for $59.99 for whatever reason. Thats the link I see being thrown around here. 

General Grievous' Starfighter (75286) (thanks, Renown ;P) is listed on Target at $79.99. I have yet to see a Walmart price for this set. If someone has the Walmart link, I'd be happy to take a look. 

This is the one postd earlier: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-TM-tbd-IP-14-2020-75276/170094273

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

EDIT: nevermind, I was way too fast :wall:

It's Commander Cody guys! And he has both a new helmet mold and armprinting!

video removed

Well then it’s a must buy set for all the Cody fans!

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Well then it’s a must buy set for all the Cody fans!

There is no evidence yet that it is Cody. The guy in the video was speculating and @Guyon2002 didn't realise initially.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

This has all been reported several times now, but I guess it bears repeating:

75280, 75281, 75283, 75284, 75286, and 75288 are the only (known) sets coming after the four April/May sets (which are 2 helmets, buildable D-0, one other not-yet-public set). 75286 is Greivous' ship. 80, 81 and 83 are small (as in: snowspeeder small). 84 is comparable in size to 86. 88 is the anchor (>$100) set. That's it for the third wave this year, though there is always the chance of a retail store exclusive or two. Or three. Or none.

(Sorry. there is also the Advent and two D2C sets, of course.)

Oh, that explains everything to me, the whole set number thing. Big thanks for that!

Do you know anything about other listed set numbers (75282, 75285, 75287 and 75291)? They were listed a long time ago with the other set numbers.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

44 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

There is no evidence yet that it is Cody. The guy in the video was speculating and @Guyon2002 didn't realise initially.

Still I think any cody fan would also want his troopers.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you know anything about other listed set numbers (75282, 75285, 75287 and 75291)? They were listed a long time ago with the other set numbers.

There were a few set lists floating around over the last month that included these set numbers, but those lists were BS. Those four set numbers could show up as retail store exclusives, or (very slim chance) a fourth wave toward the end of this year, or pushed back to 2021, or just got skipped. A few set numbers get skipped most every year. 

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Still I think any cody fan would also want his troopers.

Yeah, but we already got his troopers in 2014 (I for one have six of the ROTS design, and 5 of the TCW design), part of the reason I'm shocked it's taking them this long (if not longer) to give us the man himself.

4 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yeah, but we already got his troopers in 2014 (I for one have six of the ROTS design, and 5 of the TCW design), part of the reason I'm shocked it's taking them this long (if not longer) to give us the man himself.

Technically we already have 2 versions of Cody, but those are the Clone Wars versions many people (including me) really don't like and are quite underdetailed for today's standards

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Technically we already have 2 versions of Cody, but those are the Clone Wars versions many people (including me) really don't like and are quite underdetailed for today's standards

I mean, even still that's his phase I design. And we got plenty of shinies for him and Rex to lead. But we have his phase II troops, and no phase 2 Cody. I get that his helmet requires the visor and antennae, but it can't be that hard. Besides, LEGO's wasted money on molds before (*cough*dual-molded*cough*x-wing helmets*cough*).

11 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yeah you're right, I completely forgot about them. You're right, it's about time we got phase 2 Cody, no excuses xD

8 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I mean, even still that's his phase I design. And we got plenty of shinies for him and Rex to lead. But we have his phase II troops, and no phase 2 Cody. I get that his helmet requires the visor and antennae, but it can't be that hard. Besides, LEGO's wasted money on molds before (*cough*dual-molded*cough*x-wing helmets*cough*).

Don't forget all those back-ground Aliens that got a new mold for a single set.

And a Phase II Cody is really long overdue.

9 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Those are not the correct set numbers for the “summer” wave. Several are skipped and the biggest set is 75288  There are 6 total. 

Yes, i edited my post but i never said that it is the truth. It works for the 4 first sets. And 10 sets are listed on Libreriablanco and many other sites

4 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

If the Belbullab-22 really does come with an updated cody, I could see it selling pretty well. It's not the most memorable prequel ship, but it's still a cool design and with 2 hard-ish to find fan favorite figures (I mean sure, fans like Kenobi too but we get him all the time), it will probably sell pretty well.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

True, and even though there's a number of people that don't have many, an $80 set with one trooper isn't exactly an army-builder. Cody, on the other hand, would be the first P2 cody ever, if I'm not mistaken.

15 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Is there any news on the final TROS sets? Just curious because most of the Star Wars episodes have three waves of sets.

i guess this one might either have just a few, or just D-0.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

If the Belbullab-22 really does come with an updated cody, I could see it selling pretty well. It's not the most memorable prequel ship, but it's still a cool design and with 2 hard-ish to find fan favorite figures (I mean sure, fans like Kenobi too but we get him all the time), it will probably sell pretty well.

True, and even though there's a number of people that don't have many, an $80 set with one trooper isn't exactly an army-builder. Cody, on the other hand, would be the first P2 cody ever, if I'm not mistaken.

Damn, Soulless One sounds so much better than Belbullab-22 :laugh_hard: And you're right, if this is P2 Cody it would be the first

I think Phase II Cody is definitely a character they can't keep putting off much longer. The prequels have been going for 15-21 years now and there are certain key characters that really have no excuse for not being part of the line by now.

Thankfully 2019 delivered on releasing some long requested fan favorites like Bail Organa, Zuckuss, Exile Luke, Lieutenant Connix and the Knights of Ren so hopefully the trend will continue into 2020.

42 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Is there any news on the final TROS sets? Just curious because most of the Star Wars episodes have three waves of sets.

The only rumor we have related to TROS is that we're supposedly getting the final two Knights of Ren in the summer wave. Other than that all we know is that the majority of the wave will focus on TCW/Prequel era so there's not likely to be too many TROS sets.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

The only rumor we have related to TROS is that we're supposedly getting the final two Knights of Ren in the summer wave.

If that’s true, I could see it being an “Exegol Throne Room Duel” or something similarly titled with Rey, Ben Solo, Palpatine, and those two Knights of Ren.

That would fit the trend of the last two “Throne Room” sets we got from ROTJ and TLJ.