MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This is a great idea that TLG should incorporate more often. It lets fans vote for the most wanted model and gives us an idea of other sets that will come in the future (IIRC, the other options during the vote that the Home One set won were all made into sets the following years).

I'll probably vote for the Nebulon. I think it's the set that most merits the UCS treatment. Never been done before as a set, plenty of tiny details and intricate shape.

Of course, the other two would look good as UCS's too, but there are a lot more blank spaces on the Gunship and the Bomber than on the Nebulon.

8 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I'll probably vote for the Nebulon. I think it's the set that most merits the UCS treatment. Never been done before as a set, plenty of tiny details and intricate shape.

Exactly - excellent geebling potential - would look great as a display piece, and a Nien Nunb with a new Sullustan head mould and some UCS worthy legs (red and dark brown dual-moulds and printed side holster a la Battlefront!) :)) 

4 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Exactly - excellent geebling potential - would look great as a display piece, and a Nien Nunb with a new Sullustan head mould and some UCS worthy legs (red and dark brown dual-moulds and printed side holster a la Battlefront!) :)) 

A character as popular as Nien Nunb shouldn't be exclusive to a UCS set though

I'm pretty certain most of them votes will go for the Gunship. Don't get why would people want a UCS model - it'd be simply out of minifigure scale. Making a renewed system version of it due to the release of the new season of Clone Wars and sticking to Nebulon would be million times better

As for this whole ideas poll thingy - nah

Edited by AndrewShun

59 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Did a quick search on the comments on the Ideas page - 248 with gunship and 189 for Nebulon. 

They don't vote in the comments though

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

A character as popular as Nien Nunb shouldn't be exclusive to a UCS set though

Popular? For whom? Maybe to us profound Star Wars fans / collectors but certainly not to the wide mass. Hopefully we will see him soon. 

1 hour ago, AndrewShun said:

I'm pretty certain most of them votes will go for the Gunship. Don't get why would people want a UCS model - it'd be simply out of minifigure scale. Making a renewed system version of it due to the release of the new season of Clone Wars and sticking to Nebulon would be million times better

As for this whole ideas poll thingy - nah

Although I hope for the Gunship to win, I doubt it. It's just a loud minority in the comment section. Most people usually vote for new originally trilogy stuff with polls like this, or at least if the Hasbro figure polls are anything to go by. But I will be happy with either outcome (well Tie Bomber not as much maybe xD)

1 minute ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Popular? For whom? Maybe to us profound Star Wars fans / collectors but certainly not to the wide mass. Hopefully we will see him soon. 

Nien Nunb is definitely overdue but he really didn't have anything to do with the Nebulon Frigate. The ship is mostly known for its appearance at the end of ESB above anything else and the only minifigures we haven't gotten that are relevant to it are Medical Frigate Luke and Smuggler Lando.

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

I vote for the Nebulon B Frigate over the Republic Gunship purely because UCS is the only way we will get this ship. I’m hopeful they will (re)release a system scale Republic Gunship to coincide with S7 of The Clone Wars. 

I voted for Nebulon B as well. A UCS version is the only one that would do this ship justice as it would allow for better details.

The Republic Gunship is well overdue an updated system scale model. I'm sure Lego will use the releasse of CW S7 as an opportunity, especially now that the main movies have finished.

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They don't vote in the comments though

I know, but the amount of comments should give us a good idea on which vote is winning.

I voted for Nebulon-B. A new TIE Bomber and Gunship sets are hopefully coming soon, but I think they work better as System sets and a Nebulon-B would have to be UCS. Maybe in scale with the UCS Star Destroyer? :look:

I listed Mon Mothma and Jan Dodonna as the figures I would most like to see with it.

8 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Check this out. Crazy scenes. The Gunship gets my vote! 

Think it confirms no non UCS Gunship for this year though... 

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6dfb7865-b545-4257-908b-36c15451029e

I wouldn’t say a normal sized gunship is 100% out the window. If LEGO is nice to us I’d say there’s a 10% chance of getting both. 

Nebulon B with Luke (recovery robes), Leia (white robes), Lando (smuggler), R2, 3PO, 2-1B and Chewie was my vote. 

Honestly I’m not a fan of the UCS sets. They don’t appeal to me they are to expensive and not to ideal minifigure scale. I’m more interested in what characters will come alongside with whatever UCS is chosen.

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For some reason it won’t let me log into Lego Ideas so I can’t vote but the Gunship would have my vote too, although most people will probably vote for the Nebulon B

I agree most people will vote for the nebuleon-b, because it's not only the only ship that's never been made by official lego, but the other two are better suited to (and long-overdue for) system-scale sets, whereas the complexity of the nebuleon-b's shape, leading to the necessary size and number of parts to show that shape without completely compromising structural integrity ensures that it really has to be done as a UCS set.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparantly there was another one of these Star Wars fan votes in 2009 where our choices were Palpatine's Arrest, Slave I on Cloud City Landing Platform and a Mon Calamari Cruiser set. The vote was one by the Mon Calamari cruiser set but as we all know we did end up getting Palpatine's Arrest (normal set) and the Slave I on CCLP (part of the MSB set) so who knows wether or not we'll get all 3 of these eventually

Again, this is why I'm campaigning for the nebuleon-b. The other two need system-scale sets to be made soon, and a UCS set makes that much less likely.

The pessimistic side of me can't help but think the gunship will be the next "501st battlepack" and that if the nebulon wins, people will act nonsensical and childish

1 hour ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I know, but the amount of comments should give us a good idea on which vote is winning.

Not unless you actually went through and counted, since many comments mention both.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Nebulon B with Luke (recovery robes), Leia (white robes), Lando (smuggler), R2, 3PO, 2-1B and Chewie was my vote. 

That's the EXACT lineup of minifigures that I included with my vote! :laugh:

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

I voted for Nebulon-B. A new TIE Bomber and Gunship sets are hopefully coming soon, but I think they work better as System sets and a Nebulon-B would have to be UCS. Maybe in scale with the UCS Star Destroyer? :look:

I listed Mon Mothma and Jan Dodonna as the figures I would most like to see with it.

Definitely agree how the bomber and gunship will be better off as system scale sets. It'll be much closer to minifig scale like that too. I'm not sure if I understood correctly but if the Nebulon was built to be accurately scaled to the UCS ISD the frigate will have to be 8 inches long lol. Unless you meant to the scale the UCS ISD is in, then that'll be a good scale to do. 

Honestly I’ll be happy with any of the three options, but the Republic Gunship has always been my favorite ship in Star Wars so I would just love to see it in UCS

The 2013 Gunship was a pretty great model already. I get the appeal of a UCS version of the vehicle, I'd love to see more PT UCS sets in general, but the Nebulon B is probably impossible as a minifig scale set - f we ever get an official version of it, this is the chance.

The TIE bomber isn't that interesting honestly. They could do it in the style of the current minifig TIEs and it would be pretty large, and detailed, already.

I appreciate that they are giving us a choice. It was a really hard call but I voted for the LAAT and I'm totally biased on that. I really want more prequel era sets, especially anything from the Clone Wars era. Having had more time to think about it though, I should have gone with the Nebulon as it is perfect for UCS. I'd honestly rather get the LAAT and the TIE Bomber as new System-scale sets. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I've been slowly going back and getting old Clone Wars sets I missed growing up and I'd hate to finally get to the LAAT and then LEGO immediately makes a new one. I am really hopeful for more Clone Wars sets this year given the release of the final season next month. 

49 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I'm not sure if I understood correctly but if the Nebulon was built to be accurately scaled to the UCS ISD the frigate will have to be 8 inches long lol. Unless you meant to the scale the UCS ISD is in, then that'll be a good scale to do. 

Oh, oops. My memory failed me in that I thought the Nebulon-B was bigger, and similar in size to the Home One. I quick glance at their respective lengths on Wookiepedia shows me that is not in fact the case! Guess I'll build my own 75252-scaled Nebulon-B then. :laugh:

I went Gunship, but that's only because I already built  Dranac's MOC Nebulon B, and I can't afford to double dip.

I would rather see an updated Vader's Tie, then the bomber, just never really felt much love for that ship!

But I would take any UCS set, as long as I don't have it! :classic: