MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Sith Troopers and Sith Jet Troopers form the 105th battalion, at least according to a leaked shirt. So, while there won‘t be a 501st battlepack for the foreseeable future, there‘s a good chance for a 105th battlepack :laugh_hard:

So close yet so far :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Those are the Clone Flametroopers present during the Second Battle of Geonosis (season 2 - episode 5 - Landing at Point Rain)

Ahh now I recall. The brutally killed the Geonosians in those caves :snicker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An ideal Battle pack for Episode 9 for me would be 2x Sith troopers & 2x Jet Troopers. given each appear only once in sets in this year's wave..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

An ideal Battle pack for Episode 9 for me would be 2x Sith troopers & 2x Jet Troopers. given each appear only once in sets in this year's wave..

I think Sith Jet Troopers are more likely than regular FO Jet Troopers :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we have prices for the RoS Sets?

In euro:

Death Star Canon - 20 

A-Wing - 30

Y-Wing - 70

Speeders - 40

AT-ST Raider - 60

Yoda - 100

Kylo's Shuttle - 120

Falcon - 160

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks and also yikes. I had hoped that the speeders would be cheaper, well I guess the gbp price could be better but I doubt it, that shuttle does tempt me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the Death Star’s 12 year long reign will come to an end. I was beginning to expect that set to be around for ever.

I did not expect to see 75192 on that list either. I thought for sure LEGO would keep it around like the Death Star as the flagship of the line (and as a big middle finger to anyone sitting on one for an investment) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And so the Death Star’s 12 year long reign will come to an end. I was beginning to expect that set to be around for ever.

I did not expect to see 75192 on that list either. I thought for sure LEGO would keep it around like the Death Star as the flagship of the line (and as a big middle finger to anyone sitting on one for an investment) 

Both no real surprise. According to the pattern they'll bring back a new version of the DS in 2021. 

10143 Death Star II - 2005/2007

10188 Death Star - 2008/2015

75159 Death Star - 2016/2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting 75159 to be around longer after the long lifespan of 10188, although I suppose 2020 is an appropriate time to retire it since many of the set's minifigures have recently been updated (Stormtroopers, Leia, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, Imperial Crew) and the older ones will need to be phased out of production. The downside to releasing another new one in 2021 means it is going to take the spot of other locations that either haven't been done yet (Lars Homestead, Geonosis Arena, Yavin IV, Jedi Temple) or ones that haven't been revisted in a while (Endor Bunker, Jabba's Palace, even a proper Cantina)

There's some more sets listed for retirement this December. I'm surprised to see Cloud City will also be going so soon.
 

December 2019

75200 Ahch-To Island Training
75230 Porg
75259 Snowspeeder (20th Anniversary)
75208 Yoda's Hut
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City
75226 Inferno Squad Battle Pack
75225 Elite Praetorian Guard Battle Pack
75261 Clone Scout Walker (20th Anniversary)
75218 X-Wing Starfighter
75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder
75221 Imperial Landing Craft
75247 Rebel A-Wing Starfighter (4+)
75224 Sith Infiltrator Microfighter
75233 Droid Gunship
75229 Death Star Escape
75228 Escape Pod vs Dewback Microfighter
75262 Imperial Dropship (20th Anniversary)
75238 Endor Assault (Action Battle)
75223 Naboo Starfighter Microfighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interesting that 3 of the 20th Anniversary sets are retiring this December and the other 2 won’t retire for a whole extra year.

Definitely feels like shorter timeframes for the MF, Cloud City and Tantive IV sets than I expected 

Guess I have to make a decision on the Falcon, Death Star and Cloud City. Tantive IV is already on my definite list, probably for May 4, 2020, hoping to get a discount a nice GWP.

With the long-rumored ISD now out of the way, what are the best rumors for what will be next? I assume 1 UCS and 1 MBS in 2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, autolycus said:

With the long-rumored ISD now out of the way, what are the best rumors for what will be next? I assume 1 UCS and 1 MBS in 2020?

No rumours just yet. We can make guesses but it’s best not to post those here because people can’t tell the difference between rumours and wishlists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No rumours just yet. We can make guesses but it’s best not to post those here because people can’t tell the difference between rumours and wishlists. 

Yup, don’t want no stinking wishlists! I just wasn’t sure if any rumors had started leaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we’re at it we should probably nip the Death Star 2021 speculation in the butt right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities...Glad I grabbed mine for 20% off when I did. And the Falcon is going away seemingly quickly too, I was sure that was going to last at least 5 years.  

Where do you get those lists btw? Internal leaks or is there a place on lego's website to check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

I can honestly see Cloud City appreciating in value significantly after retirement.

There's probably a ton of reselllers who share your viewpoint. I anticipate supply to exceed demand, meaning little to no gain on investment, much like every other UCS set from the last few years. You can still pick up 10240 for close to retail. 

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities

To me this is proof that the AFOL market isn't as large as we like to think it is. For years people on these forums asked for a new cloud city, and now it's going away just as fast as it came. I know it's not what a lot of people want to hear, but the OT doesn't resonate with the younger audience as much as it did with the older audience. I know when I was younger I found a lot of what happened in ESB to be boring, especially the cloud city parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

To me this is proof that the AFOL market isn't as large as we like to think it is. For years people on these forums asked for a new cloud city, and now it's going away just as fast as it came. I know it's not what a lot of people want to hear, but the OT doesn't resonate with the younger audience as much as it did with the older audience. I know when I was younger I found a lot of what happened in ESB to be boring, especially the cloud city parts.

I'd say people don't buy it anymore, because it's just a very disappointing set. Yes, yes, nice minifigs and nice little Slave 1, but the rest is sooo uninspired, it hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities...Glad I grabbed mine for 20% off when I did. And the Falcon is going away seemingly quickly too, I was sure that was going to last at least 5 years.  

Where do you get those lists btw? Internal leaks or is there a place on lego's website to check?

Rebelscum has an article on it:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Nothing_Lasts_For_Ever_LEGO_Retiring_Star_Wars_Sets_185078.asp
 

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'd say people don't buy it anymore, because it's just a very disappointing set. Yes, yes, nice minifigs and nice little Slave 1, but the rest is sooo uninspired, it hurts.

The disappointment always seemed overblown to me. What were people expecting? Every time someone asked for a new Cloud City set they either wanted a playset done in the style of the Death Star (which is what we got) or they were only interested in getting updated minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'd say people don't buy it anymore, because it's just a very disappointing set. Yes, yes, nice minifigs and nice little Slave 1, but the rest is sooo uninspired, it hurts.

I agree. Lego designers dropped the ball on two consecutive ESB UCS sets. Hardly confirmation that the AFOL segment is small, but rather they are discerning.  

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wesker said:

The disappointment always seemed overblown to me. What were people expecting? Every time someone asked for a new Cloud City set they either wanted a playset done in the style of the Death Star (which is what we got) or they were only interested in getting updated minifigures.

It's the way how the set is put together. No problem with a playset, but then it should be a playset. Those little death star scenes for $20-30 are much nicer than everything in CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t there a rumor of a jabba the hut UCS a while back?  Something similar to the sail barge but minifigue  and playset themed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

I agree. Lego designers dropped the ball on two consecutive ESB UCS sets. Hardly confirmation that the AFOL segment is small, but rather they are discerning.  

I assume you’re referring to the tantive? Wasn’t labeled a UCS but I agree. I also don’t understand why adults are interested in play sets / features in the first place but this forum says they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.