MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

To your point, a lot of people hated prequels but we still got sets on them...

There's a difference between what, 15-20 minutes of Canto Bight screen time and over 7 hours of content comprising an entire trilogy. That said, given how long it takes to make a set I think the main reason we haven't seen it is because lego wasn't given concept art on it before the film came out, and we haven't gotten too much TFA/TLJ content after the first few waves. And lego probably realizes most children would rather buy a spaceship than a "space horses trample rich people" set.

Apart from the MF, XWing and Speeder Bike set there's not a lot of screen time for any of the EIX set vehicles. Regular ties are featured more than the Sith ties and the BP vehicle is just something made up by Lego.

43 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

Apart from the MF, XWing and Speeder Bike set there's not a lot of screen time for any of the EIX set vehicles. Regular ties are featured more than the Sith ties and the BP vehicle is just something made up by Lego.

Its based off the snowspeeder from episode 7, its not made up by lego but was just thrown in there

5 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Spoiler

Even the Imperial TIE Fighter has more screentime than the TIE Dagger :laugh_hard:

Really enjoyed TROS, my favourite of the ST. Can't wait to see it again! 

Not really spoilers, but better safe than sorry. As others have said, barely any new sets needed. I'd suggest a B-Wing with a bit of jungle, the Sith Assassin's ship, perhaps on Kijimi or the Finalizer and the Resistance transport from the final act. Perhaps any TIE variants we didn't get. A Resistance battle pack and Palpatine set would pretty much complete the film I reckon. 

That is good in a way as only one wave, or those sets spread over two waves would be enough to release all those. Sets from CW, Rebels, The Mandalorian, Rogue One or Solo could fill the gaps, wishful thinking perhaps. The Last Jedi was missing Canto Bight, Resistance Transport and perhaps a larger blue A-wing.

Edited by Seaber

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

TIE Whisper at 0:25. I'm really looking forward to this game, really wondering what the exclusive figure will be

I’m really loving the quick look we get of Darth Vader with arm printing at about 0:14. His inclusion in the new UCS Star Destroyer would make that price point a little more bearable. 

LEGO revealed a TROS poster on their Instagram and it features Palpatine with a new face print. Possible 2020 TROS Palpatine set?

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

LEGO revealed a TROS poster on their Instagram and it features Palpatine with a new face print. Possible 2020 TROS Palpatine set?

I don‘t think so, it‘s just a LEGO-fied version of the teaser poster :wink: Nonetheless, Palpy will surely be in a Summer set; I can‘t see them passing on that :laugh:

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I’m really loving the quick look we get of Darth Vader with arm printing at about 0:14. His inclusion in the new UCS Star Destroyer would make that price point a little more bearable. 

Now that's REALLY interesting. Usually we don't see something like arm printing randomly added to a figure without it in a game, correct? i think if there's been a physical version of that variant of the figure that's what they use for the game model. We might see arm printing for Vader in 2020, I guess.

The torso print is slightly different too. I don't think Vader really needed arm printing but its still a welcome addition.

The Visual Dictionary for TROS is out and we finally have names for each of the Knight of Ren minifigures:

Kylo Ren's Shuttle - Ap'lek (Hood) and Ushar (Helmet)
Poe Dameron's X-Wing - Vicrul
Sith TIE Fighter - Trudgen

Cardo and Kuruk are the two still yet to be released.

7 hours ago, wesker said:

Cardo and Kuruk are the two still yet to be released.

And Kuruk is their pilot, so it would make sense to include the final two in a Night Buzzard set :classic: Sure, it doesn‘t get a ton of screentime, but it‘s not like that has ever stopped them :head_back:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And Kuruk is their pilot, so it would make sense to include the final two in a Night Buzzard set :classic: Sure, it doesn‘t get a ton of screentime, but it‘s not like that has ever stopped them :head_back:

I take it the Night Buzzard is their ship right? That's gotta be one of the stupidest names in Star Wars

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I take it the Night Buzzard is their ship right? That's gotta be one of the stupidest names in Star Wars

Correct, it's their ship. I think it's a pretty cool name :sweet: In a galaxy where names like Therm Scissorpunch, Whorm Loathsom and Savage Opress are a thing, "Night Buzzard" is pretty mundane :laugh_hard: Naming ships after birds is also quite common in Star Wars 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Correct, it's their ship. I think it's a pretty cool name :sweet: In a galaxy where names like Therm Scissorpunch, Whorm Loathsom and Savage Opress are a thing, "Night Buzzard" is pretty mundane :laugh_hard: Naming ships after birds is also quite common in Star Wars 

It's an oddly "normal" name, like when Game of Thrones introduced a character called "Harry Strickland". It's so ordinary that it takes me out of the world for a moment. 

It was a cool looking ship, though, so I'd like to see a set based on it at some point in the future. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

That’s a very likely set for summer wave, but it would be very boring one and it’s just a rectangular shaped ship.

16 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That’s a very likely set for summer wave, but it would be very boring one and it’s just a rectangular shaped ship.

I mean, a Star Destroyer is basically just a triangle. Lego could make it work

After seeing the movie two sets I hope for the most are TIE Whisper (I loved it in the movie) and the final duel (this one could either be a small set with three minifigures, or a bigger one with like five).

I also hope we get a Fallen Order set (this game is fantastic, I love Cal and BD-1) and more Mandalorian sets (Razor Crest is amazing, after Chapter 7 I would also love a set with Moff Gideon).

I'm very impressed with how well the sets so far have covered TROS in terms of vehicles and minifigures. No slip ups or irrelevancies this time around like with Kylo's Shuttle in the FA wave and the First Order Heavy Scout Walker in TLJ wave. :)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I also hope we get more Mandalorian sets (Razor Crest is amazing, after Chapter 7 I would also love a set with Moff Gideon).

It would be great to get the Imperial Troop Transport from Chapter 7, the one from the Rebels BP wasn't very accurate. Gideon/the Client could appear in that. 

Stick Kuill, Cara, IG-11, Greef and the Child along with the Mandalorian and that'd make a great Razor Crest line up from the last Chapter. 

10 hours ago, Seaber said:

It would be great to get the Imperial Troop Transport from Chapter 7, the one from the Rebels BP wasn't very accurate. Gideon/the Client could appear in that. 

Stick Kuill, Cara, IG-11, Greef and the Child along with the Mandalorian and that'd make a great Razor Crest line up from the last Chapter. 

These are great set ideas. Razor Crest with new Mando, Greef, Kuill, IG-11 and Baby Yoda, and an Imperial Battle Pack with troop transport, Moff Gideon, two Death Troopers and a Stormtrooper OR Moff's TIE fighter with bendable wings, Moff Gideon, Client, Stormtrooper(s) and Death Trooper(s).

On 12/19/2019 at 10:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a difference between what, 15-20 minutes of Canto Bight screen time and over 7 hours of content comprising an entire trilogy. That said, given how long it takes to make a set I think the main reason we haven't seen it is because lego wasn't given concept art on it before the film came out, and we haven't gotten too much TFA/TLJ content after the first few waves. And lego probably realizes most children would rather buy a spaceship than a "space horses trample rich people" set.

Whats wrong with chiffren nowadays