MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well then may I ask, what is a good wave and a bad wave to you? It will be more clear if you could give an example on your taste.

Of course. I would characterise a good wave through it having contemporary, relevant sets at the time of it hitting retail and potential opportunities for good sets not being filled up with the likes of 4+ and Action Battle sets. 

Edited by Renown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Renown said:

Of course. I would characterise a good wave through it having contemporary, relevant sets at the time of it hitting retail and potential opportunities for good sets not being filled up with the likes of 4+ and Action Battle sets. 

Good summary. Looking forward to hearing more about the new wave :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The January wave: does anyone know when it will hit the shelves? I know that often lego releases them in December, but is that likely to be before or after christmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Renown said:

Of course. I would characterise a good wave through it having contemporary, relevant sets at the time of it hitting retail and potential opportunities for good sets not being filled up with the likes of 4+ and Action Battle sets. 

A good summary if ever I heard one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ginja said:

The January wave: does anyone know when it will hit the shelves? I know that often lego releases them in December, but is that likely to be before or after christmas?

I've already seen the landspeeder at a Toys R Us in Canada so it won't be long before the rest of them turn up elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

While I'm really looking forward to Mandalorian, Clone Wars and Fallen Order sets I recon the summer wave will probably mostly consist of spoiler sets for TROS

Probably, though I could see the razor crest and/or a small Fallen Order duel set showing up. usually the wave 3 of a film (if we get one) doesn't have too many sets.

12 hours ago, Renown said:

Of course. I would characterise a good wave through it having contemporary, relevant sets at the time of it hitting retail and potential opportunities for good sets not being filled up with the likes of 4+ and Action Battle sets. 

thank you for the information. Glad to hear they're seemingly not continuing action battles.

9 hours ago, ginja said:

The January wave: does anyone know when it will hit the shelves? I know that often lego releases them in December, but is that likely to be before or after christmas?

They usually release earlier in some countries, but in the US (at least in my experiance) they don't start showing up on retail shelves until they're brought in to restock after christmas, though sometimes you can get them from the back a bit earlier. And of course, the official lego stores don't put anything out until january.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re the summer wave - I'd always been conflicted about the repetition and updating of Star Wars sets, but I've recently gotten into Rebels, and now I'm dying for a new Ghost.  The crew with season 3 or 4 designs would be great; Zeb with more faithful colours, Hera with a new headpiece...  The appearance of the Ghost in TRoS has me hoping...  There's no reason for Lego to neglect revisiting the animated series' - they contain hours of material; much more than any one movie, or even trilogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

re the summer wave - I'd always been conflicted about the repetition and updating of Star Wars sets, but I've recently gotten into Rebels, and now I'm dying for a new Ghost.  The crew with season 3 or 4 designs would be great; Zeb with more faithful colours, Hera with a new headpiece...  The appearance of the Ghost in TRoS has me hoping...  There's no reason for Lego to neglect revisiting the animated series' - they contain hours of material; much more than any one movie, or even trilogy.

By all accounts the sets from Rebels sold horribly. Granted, some of this was down to timing, set selection, etc. But I wouldn’t expect Lego to revisit any of those any time soon. Especially the Ghost, which would chew up a coveted price point that Lego tends to reserve for sure-sellers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

re the summer wave - I'd always been conflicted about the repetition and updating of Star Wars sets, but I've recently gotten into Rebels, and now I'm dying for a new Ghost.  The crew with season 3 or 4 designs would be great; Zeb with more faithful colours, Hera with a new headpiece...  The appearance of the Ghost in TRoS has me hoping...  There's no reason for Lego to neglect revisiting the animated series' - they contain hours of material; much more than any one movie, or even trilogy.

New Ghost would be a must buy set in my book, since I never got the 2014 one. But it’s very unlikely at this point. More ROTS are a given though, especially spoilery sets in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful we don't begin wishlisting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, Tommy Thunder said:

re the summer wave - I'd always been conflicted about the repetition and updating of Star Wars sets, but I've recently gotten into Rebels, and now I'm dying for a new Ghost.  The crew with season 3 or 4 designs would be great; Zeb with more faithful colours, Hera with a new headpiece...  The appearance of the Ghost in TRoS has me hoping...  There's no reason for Lego to neglect revisiting the animated series' - they contain hours of material; much more than any one movie, or even trilogy.

Lego hasn't done anything more than $20-30ish for an animated property that's not currently running. Unfortunately, it may be a long time before we get the ghost, as I doubt it's cameo in the rise of skywalker is big enough to warrent a set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego hasn't done anything more than $20-30ish for an animated property that's not currently running. Unfortunately, it may be a long time before we get the ghost, as I doubt it's cameo in the rise of skywalker is big enough to warrent a set.

If we can get Luke's Landspeeder and a Falcon every few years surely we can get another Ghost after 5 :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we can get Luke's Landspeeder and a Falcon every few years surely we can get another Ghost after 5 :wink:

The landspeeder costs $30, a low-risk, easy seller. The Falcon is an iconic ship with 40+ years of history spanning 7 movies (well, 8 if you count its cameo in AotC) and a proven track record of selling well over and over. The Ghost does not compare to either of these examples. The likelihood of another Ghost anytime at all – let alone soon – is slim-to-none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we can get Luke's Landspeeder and a Falcon every few years surely we can get another Ghost after 5 :wink:

Isnt a Falcon in every year? Havent er got 4 of those since 2015 + a minibuild?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Isnt a Falcon in every year? Havent er got 4 of those since 2015 + a minibuild?

If you include the minibuild it's every year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we can get Luke's Landspeeder and a Falcon every few years surely we can get another Ghost after 5 :wink:

see @jdubbs's comment, but I'll add to it that lego hasn't given us a set based on an animated property that's not currently playing that's over $25, and furthermore that out of even the ones that came out while the show was running, only the clone wars sets seem to have sold too well.

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

The landspeeder costs $30, a low-risk, easy seller. The Falcon is an iconic ship with 40+ years of history spanning 7 movies (well, 8 if you count its cameo in AotC) and a proven track record of selling well over and over. The Ghost does not compare to either of these examples. The likelihood of another Ghost anytime at all – let alone soon – is slim-to-none. 

Exactly. The ghost is a set based on a lesser-known part of the property, and it'd be taking up a huge price point, which doesn't make for an attractive set from lego's POV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

What are your thoughts on this, @Renown?

I am not aware of a Ghost remake coming in 2020. I would like to think that the Ghost would be rereleased at some point but personally can't see it happening for a good while yet. 

Edited by Renown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are there any rumors yet about which UCS sets will come in 2020?
Or is it Boba and the stormtrooper busts that will be the 2020 UCS sets?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lexington said:
Are there any rumors yet about which UCS sets will come in 2020?
Or is it Boba and the stormtrooper busts that will be the 2020 UCS sets?

The busts are normal retail sets and I'm pretty sure we haven't heard anything about the UCS sets for 2020 yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the rate they’re going with higher priced UCS sets, I’m gonna fall behind very quickly. It’ll be a while before I can get the Star Destroyer. I hope they just release a couple of $200 UCS sets next year instead of a $200 and a $350-800 set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This set is amazing.

Competely agree, the minifigures are amazing and the build is actually usefull 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Competely agree, the minifigures are amazing and the build is actually usefull 

Yup, and the latter's not something we normally see in BPS. I ordered some apocolypse wildstyle legs to use for the orange/brown mando, and I'm starting to think i should have ordered more. There's no way I'm only buying two of these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the sets listed on legostore now, 26th december release date, but damn how the increased some prices again, reduced the number of minifigures for the larger sets (this is not new info thoug) but increase the prices for the microbuilds with 30 %! (I feel like the almost every second year increase the average price for the medium to larger sets by 100 crones a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.