MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Interesting news about the formation of the Mandalorian Battlepack. Guess we'll have to wait for actual pictures to get a proper idea about it.

About the Ninth Sister, I suppose you're all right (those who replied), it was a bit of a stretch. Would be cool to get a TIE Reaper in her style, though :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

Pictures of 75267 marked as "confidential" can be found on the Internet. The set contains four different mandalorians (not THE mandalorian) with capes, optional antennas and visors and a speeder. Two types of visor printings are featured,

Edited by Brickadeer

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No. Rogue One rebel battle pack had four unique figs, based on actual named characters in the film. 

I think maybe too much has been made of FalconFan’s comment. 

Which was the set number for the rogue one battle pack?

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So, no Armorer minifigure in battlepack? Too bad, but hey 4 unique Mandolorian minifigures is good enough for me.

I'd say that non of the minifigs represent the armorer. The color schemes and the visor printings don't fit.

1 minute ago, Brickadeer said:

I'd say that non of the minifigs represent the armorer. The color schemes and the visor printings don't fit.

Which is a real shame. As is the lack of a beskar'd up Mando or Heavy guy.

Hopefully we'll get a proper Forge set at some point

If all the Mandalorians from the Battle Pack are random, then I think it's a big disappointment. No Mando, no Heavy Infantry Mandalorian, and no Leader - at least one of them in a Battle Pack would make it so much better, because it may have been our only chance to get the last two of them.

1 hour ago, HothFan1987 said:

Which was the set number for the rogue one battle pack?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=75164-1

The characters weren’t ever officially named by LEGO, but they’re pretty clearly based on individual people from the movie, so much so that whoever put them in the Bricklink database labeled them as such

12 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=75164-1

The characters weren’t ever officially named by LEGO, but they’re pretty clearly based on individual people from the movie, so much so that whoever put them in the Bricklink database labeled them as such

Thanks - this set had completely passed me by.

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Could you PM a link to the photo please? 

I was asked not to disclose the source, which I intend to comply with :wink: However, I was assured that official pictures will be unveiled soon :classic:

12 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Pictures of 75267 marked as "confidential" can be found on the Internet. The set contains four different mandalorians (not THE mandalorian) with capes, optional antennas and visors and a speeder. Two types of visor printings are featured,

I cannot find this ANYWHERE, I hope we get an official reveal soon

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If all the Mandalorians from the Battle Pack are random, then I think it's a big disappointment. No Mando, no Heavy Infantry Mandalorian, and no Leader - at least one of them in a Battle Pack would make it so much better, because it may have been our only chance to get the last two of them.

I'd hardly call getting four unique mandos with capes in a $15 set a "big disappointment", especially since I believe someone here said that we're getting more mando sets later next year

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like this whole thread is just holding its breath until the battle pack surfaces

Basically

This is really interesting news about there being no identifiable Mandos. I can't help but think that Lego were only shown concept art or footage of certain non-spoilery Mandalorian characters or wanted to save the unique Mandalorians for sets later down the line (which would be very like them considering how they're releasing the Knights of Ren over three separate waves). I don't actually mind as because of the popularity of the series we'll definitely get more sets later on which means more unique Mandalorian figures - seriously any toys based on this series are going to sell like hot cakes. 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Wow that set is definitely not based on Episode 3! Completely different terrain, vehicles and characters. Either Lego just made it up or the reason it hasn't been officially revealed is it's from later on in the series :look:. Awesome selection regardless, great for customising more unique Mandalorians! 

I'm sort of glad named characters aren't in the Mando BP. Would rather get them in different one off sets, but the BP sort of does look like a one off set by how distinctive the figures are. Still a great BP either way and the speeder build doesn't look half bad.

Just now, Evergreen said:

I'm sort of glad named characters aren't in the Mando BP. Would rather get them in different one off sets, but the BP sort of does look like a one off set by how distinctive the figures are. Still a great BP either way and the speeder build doesn't look half bad.

I'm already looking at their different legs and torso prints and wondering about mixing them up if I get multiples of the set to create different looking characters! I like the ones with blue and green colour schemes as I can mix them up with the old Deathwatch Mandalorians as well! Honestly I think we are going to get a LOT more Mandalorian sets in the summer - I think they are cautious about TV tie-in sets after Rebels and Resistance but will definitely capitalise on how popular Mandalorians are

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think they are cautious about TV tie-in sets after Rebels and Resistance but will definitely capitalise on how popular Mandalorians are

Honestly Rebels was a huge missed opportunity on lego's part. By the time the Ghost became insanely popular the lego set was already off shelves and never returned, and besides that there are so many potential sets that could be made but they just didn't. 

Even more Resistance sets could turn out well for lego, as almost every ship Resistance shows us is different and unique in some way

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly Rebels was a huge missed opportunity on lego's part. By the time the Ghost became insanely popular the lego set was already off shelves and never returned, and besides that there are so many potential sets that could be made but they just didn't. 

Even more Resistance sets could turn out well for lego, as almost every ship Resistance shows us is different and unique in some way

Rebels could have had some great Mandalorian minifigs

Looks great, definitely one of the better battlepacks made, I take back my dissapointment over pure Mandalorian BP

BTW, when will the release be this time? Before or after christmas?

Edited by Sneakguest

Instant buy for me! The designs of the Mandalorians are even better than I was expecting. The printing for each is detailed and the color choices really stand out. Even better is just how distinct each one is from one another. The redesigned speeder from the Clone Wars looks great as well. Definitely one of my favorite battlepacks,