MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Maybe the battlepack will include characters with armprinting? Pretty sure that hasn't happened before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Could the "amazing first" be dual-molded arms/legs? I don't recall that ever happening for Lego Star Wars outside a 1 or 2 rare examples. 

Nope. I don't know what qualifies as an "amazing first" these days, but the only thing of (mild) interest I can see in this set is that it includes four distinct figures (all Mandalorian warriors), each with a cape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if the "amazing first" could be chrome pieces.

2 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

Is there a way to block specific posters so you can't see their posts please?

No, there's not. Sorry. Feel free to PM me if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe the battlepack will include characters with armprinting? Pretty sure that hasn't happened before

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm wondering if the "amazing first" could be chrome pieces.

2 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

No on both counts. And no

Spoiler

"child"

either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe the battlepack will include characters with armprinting? Pretty sure that hasn't happened before

That would be amazing! Not sure what else could be considered first for a battlepack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm personally hoping the build is the Beskar forge

Ooh! Why didn't I think of that.. Very nice!
Also, the possibility of chrome pieces for a minifig sounds intruiging as well :thumbup:

About the possibility of Fallen Order sets, how probable do you guys think a big figure Ninth Sister will be? Just curious...

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Ooh! Why didn't I think of that.. Very nice!
Also, the possibility of chrome pieces for a minifig sounds intruiging as well :thumbup:

About the possibility of Fallen Order sets, how probable do you guys think a big figure Ninth Sister will be? Just curious...

Regards,
Mitch

If we get a Fallen Order set (that's a big if, but I certainly hope so), then the possibility is low. But if we get two or more (Battle Pack doesn't count) it is possible - like a set with her ship, Cal, 9th Sister and two Stormtroopers or Purge Troopers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

About the possibility of Fallen Order sets, how probable do you guys think a big figure Ninth Sister will be? Just curious...

I don't think they'll give us the Ninth Sister unless they're doing at least 3-4 sets. But if they do make her they would have to make at least 3 new molds (body, lightsaber hilt and the saber itself), I'm not sure if they'll do that

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we get a Fallen Order set (that's a big if, but I certainly hope so), then the possibility is low. But if we get two or more (Battle Pack doesn't count) it is possible - like a set with her ship, Cal, 9th Sister and two Stormtroopers or Purge Troopers.

9th's ship would be pretty cool to get, I'm not sure if I remember correctly but it's very similair to the TIE Reaper so that would be a day one buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think they'll give us the Ninth Sister unless they're doing at least 3-4 sets. But if they do make her they would have to make at least 3 new molds (body, lightsaber hilt and the saber itself), I'm not sure if they'll do that

9th's ship would be pretty cool to get, I'm not sure if I remember correctly but it's very similair to the TIE Reaper so that would be a day one buy!

It may actually be the TIE Reaper itself, or something extremely similar to one, just with small changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When asked if we’ll get the last two KOR, Falconfan said “summer”. So that’s great to hear. Also, he said we will 100% be getting more sets for The Mandalorian

Amazing news!

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Couldn't agree more, haha.
I think Purge Trooper are the likeliest additions to an SWJ:FO set, aside from Cal & BD-1 of course. BD probably being a brick-built thingy, but still. 
I guess it all depends on how big the set will be. Personally, the Mantis isn't a must-have for me, but I can't think of anything else for a good build. And, generally speaking, the Mantis does makes sense a lot of course.
If the set is 'that' big, Second Sister is definitely probable as well. 

I think we'll see a small location playset set for one of the times you encounter second sister, with Cal, Second sister, and hopefully a purge trooper. Something big like the mantis seems a bit much given what lego's done for games in the past. BD-1's inclusion to me seems a bit unlikely to me, he's either got to be massivly overscaled or a new mold like D-0

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Could the "amazing first" be dual-molded arms/legs? I don't recall that ever happening for Lego Star Wars outside a 1 or 2 rare examples. 

This actually could be it. We've had a few instances in sets before, but never in a battle pack. Edit: apparently this was debunked. Maybe arm printing then? @jdubbs statement about the capes has me worried we won't get jetpacks.

@CF Mitch ninth sister as a big figure seems unlikely to me. I don't think lego would make her at all, since too many new molds would be needed, and she's not too big of a character? (I haven't finished the game yet but it seems to me Kal, second sister, and the electrostaff purge trooper are the most likely options.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve found a picture of the Mando BP but I can’t share it since it’s got a ‘confidential’ watermark :sceptic: It includes 4 different Mandos, all equipped with stud shooters and capes, no jetpacks. The set features two builds, a dark tan speeder (very similar in style as the 2011 Mando BP speeder) and a bit of terrain with a spot to place a stud shooter.
The Mandos’ colour schemes are quite whacky: #1 is mainly light blue (aqua?), #2 is predominantly green, #3 has sand blue torso & legs plus a pearl silver and orange helmet and #4 has a brown/dark brown colour scheme with a bit of silver. Moreover, there are two types of visors: #1 and #4 have the T-shaped visor while the other two have the owl-shaped visor

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that we’re getting some random Mandalorian warriors but I do really hope we eventually get the Smith and the heavy blue Mando 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I love that we’re getting some random Mandalorian warriors but I do really hope we eventually get the Smith and the heavy blue Mando 

Someone on this thread said the BP will be based on the shootout. Since Heavy plays a significant role in that fight AND in the forge, his absence would be a heavy disappointment. The smith on the other hand doesn't participate in the shootout, but the forge deserves its own set. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve found a picture of the Mando BP but I can’t share it since it’s got a ‘confidential’ watermark :sceptic: It includes 4 different Mandos, all equipped with stud shooters and capes, no jetpacks. The set features two builds, a dark tan speeder (very similar in style as the 2011 Mando BP speeder) and a bit of terrain with a spot to place a stud shooter.
The Mandos’ colour schemes are quite whacky: #1 is mainly light blue (aqua?), #2 is predominantly green, #3 has sand blue torso & legs plus a pearl silver and orange helmet and #4 has a brown/dark brown colour scheme with a bit of silver. Moreover, there are two types of visors: #1 and #4 have the T-shaped visor while the other two have the owl-shaped visor

In that case maybe the “first” Falconfan was talking about was having females in a PB? No offense to anyone but I couldn’t care less about political representation. As far as lego is concerned, all that matters to me is character representation, as in making sure the we can collect as many characters and variants as possible, all across the spectrum. I do love the Night Owl style female Mandalorian helmets though so that aspect of the set is pretty nice that we get some of each

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

In that case maybe the “first” Falconfan was talking about was having females in a PB? No offense to anyone but I couldn’t care less about political representation. As far as lego is concerned, all that matters to me is character representation, as in making sure the we can collect as many characters and variants as possible, all across the spectrum. I do love the Night Owl style female Mandalorian helmets though so that aspect of the set is pretty nice that we get some of each

True, am not sure having a generic female Mando trooper is that amazing to be honest, but if the torso would be cuved, as in arealight, then that might be something special. Though I'm sure the response among lego fans would be pretty devided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

In that case maybe the “first” Falconfan was talking about was having females in a PB? No offense to anyone but I couldn’t care less about political representation. As far as lego is concerned, all that matters to me is character representation, as in making sure the we can collect as many characters and variants as possible, all across the spectrum. I do love the Night Owl style female Mandalorian helmets though so that aspect of the set is pretty nice that we get some of each

We've had females in Battle Packs before (Jedi/Clones last year), and a female Mandalorian before as well (Sabine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

We've had females in Battle Packs before (Jedi/Clones last year), and a female Mandalorian before as well (Sabine).

That’s right I forgot about Bariss. I really don’t know what he could be talking about then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve found a picture of the Mando BP but I can’t share it since it’s got a ‘confidential’ watermark :sceptic: It includes 4 different Mandos, all equipped with stud shooters and capes, no jetpacks. The set features two builds, a dark tan speeder (very similar in style as the 2011 Mando BP speeder) and a bit of terrain with a spot to place a stud shooter.
The Mandos’ colour schemes are quite whacky: #1 is mainly light blue (aqua?), #2 is predominantly green, #3 has sand blue torso & legs plus a pearl silver and orange helmet and #4 has a brown/dark brown colour scheme with a bit of silver. Moreover, there are two types of visors: #1 and #4 have the T-shaped visor while the other two have the owl-shaped visor

If this is true, than a little disapointing no jetpacks or heavy, but still an amazing BP

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I love that we’re getting some random Mandalorian warriors but I do really hope we eventually get the Smith and the heavy blue Mando 

i agree. Maybe in the new mando sets falconfan mentioned

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

In that case maybe the “first” Falconfan was talking about was having females in a PB? No offense to anyone but I couldn’t care less about political representation. As far as lego is concerned, all that matters to me is character representation, as in making sure the we can collect as many characters and variants as possible, all across the spectrum. I do love the Night Owl style female Mandalorian helmets though so that aspect of the set is pretty nice that we get some of each

as @jdubbs mentiones it's not new or females in a BP. However, it could be having 4 different characters with no repeats, is that a first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If this is true, than a little disapointing no jetpacks or heavy, but still an amazing BP

i agree. Maybe in the new mando sets falconfan mentioned

as @jdubbs mentiones it's not new or females in a BP. However, it could be having 4 different characters with no repeats, is that a first?

No. Rogue One rebel battle pack had four unique figs, based on actual named characters in the film. 

I think maybe too much has been made of FalconFan’s comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdubbs said:

No. Rogue One rebel battle pack had four unique figs, based on actual named characters in the film. 

thanks, forgot about them. at this point the only thing I can think of is that they all have capes, but that's hardly "amazing"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I originally forgot about the 4 characters in the rogue one battle pack. And thought the mandalorian pack was the first one that included 4 exclusive figures. Blame that on me not being a committed Lego Star Wars fan. But I still stand as it being amazing 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen the images but I’m already sold. I love the attention lego is giving this series. Hopefully we’ll get other mainer characters later next year but having four random Mandalorians in such a cheap set is something I could never complain about. I’ll have to get at least two. (I also really want Bo Katan to make an appearance so we can get a minifig of her, but I digress). I love the Night Owl helmets and I love the classic style so this is going to be amazing

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I originally forgot about the 4 characters in the rogue one battle pack. And thought the mandalorian pack was the first one that included 4 exclusive figures. Blame that on me not being a committed Lego Star Wars fan. But I still stand as it being amazing 

 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve found a picture of the Mando BP but I can’t share it since it’s got a ‘confidential’ watermark :sceptic: It includes 4 different Mandos, all equipped with stud shooters and capes, no jetpacks. The set features two builds, a dark tan speeder (very similar in style as the 2011 Mando BP speeder) and a bit of terrain with a spot to place a stud shooter.
The Mandos’ colour schemes are quite whacky: #1 is mainly light blue (aqua?), #2 is predominantly green, #3 has sand blue torso & legs plus a pearl silver and orange helmet and #4 has a brown/dark brown colour scheme with a bit of silver. Moreover, there are two types of visors: #1 and #4 have the T-shaped visor while the other two have the owl-shaped visor

It’s hard to tell from these descriptions but do any of the Mandos look like the main character, Heavy or Smith from the show? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

 

It’s hard to tell from these descriptions but do any of the Mandos look like the main character, Heavy or Smith from the show? 

#4 sounds like it could be the main character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm personally hoping the build is the Beskar forge with the figures being the Mandolorian in full Beskar, the Heavy Mandolorian, the Armorer, and another random Mandolorian. 

I'm very glad to hear we'll be getting more Mandolorian sets. The Razor Crest is a must. It's also nice to hear we will be getting more RoS sets as I fully expect to get the last 2 Knights of Ren. I'm still really bummed we haven't even gotten 1 set based on Fallen Order. Hopefully that changes.

Could the "amazing first" be dual-molded arms/legs? I don't recall that ever happening for Lego Star Wars outside a 1 or 2 rare examples. 

Beskar forge...what if that "amazing first" thing is a light brick? :D :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.