MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The IT-S, Razorcrest and Advent are also not up yet. That said none of those are that surprising to be released actually in September.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just picked up 3 copies of the 501st set, finally, even if they're on backorder and won't ship until mid september.

All the star wars sets except for the bespin duel are out in the US now on the lego shop.com

All of them? Wow. Even the crazy overpriced ones?

Amazon uk shipping Ahsoka battle pack on 28th Aug, but not a 501st set to be had in the entire country as far as I can tellĀ 

I just want the Bespin Duel, and if I stay up until midnight starting Wednesday night, hopefully I can get a copy...

The AT-AT and Advent Calendar are both exceptional, but honestly I will probably pass, as I just have no great desire for them.

Oh, and I still need to get Luke's Landspeeder before it retires (even though there will probably be a new one released next year).Ā Ā :laugh:

Amazingly, the 501st set is still only on backorder and hasn't sold out.

Also, every one else who ordered at midnight: is your order still in process or is it in the warehouse?

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

All of them? Wow. Even the crazy overpriced ones?

Amazon uk shipping Ahsoka battle pack on 28th Aug, but not a 501st set to be had in the entire country as far as I can tellĀ 

Out as in released, not out of stock, sorry.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Out as in released, not out of stock, sorry.

Ah, fair.

We do love to bash landspeeders don't we? They don't flog them to death like they do some (cough snowspeeders cough). Is it a total of 5.... ?Ā  Whereas snowspeeders are at something like eight or nineĀ :pir-laugh:

22 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I was ready to ask you what made you think Mos Eisley would be leaked or revealed next week, seeing as most D2Cs have had their reveals just a couple of weeks before their release (usually mid- to late- month). However, seeing the reveal dates of the UCS Star Destroyer and Cloud City, I guess it would make sense to reveal Mos Eisley at the beginning of September.

It just seems so strange to get a D2C reveal so far away from its release date, considering we've been waiting for the Diagon Alley reveal for a month over at the Harry Potter topic in the Licensed Forum, and the set releases in 8 days. Have there been rumors of an early VIP-access for Mos Eisley? It seems like forever since we've had one.

Well I was told the release date is first september from a lego employee, in that case the release is very eminent. But if that is true, it also seems to be a bit, too little happening if we compare to the Diagonal Alley as u mention which is starting to getting teased now.Ā 

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Ah, fair.

We do love to bash landspeeders don't we? They don't flog them to death like they do some (cough snowspeeders cough). Is it a total of 5.... ?Ā  Whereas snowspeeders are at something like eight or nineĀ :pir-laugh:

It's been pretty even in the last decade, though, even though there are a lot more snowspeeders overall. There have been three landspeeders since 2010 to only two system-scale snowspeeders (although they also had the juniors version, a microfighter, and the UCS, so overall saturation is still higher, plus the inclusion of snowspeeders in larger Hoth sets).Ā  But I think the major difference is that in the movie there's only one Luke's landspeeder, so once you own one any more that come out are pretty useless, whereas even if you own every snowspeeder LEGO's ever made that still won't be as many as the dozen-ish seen in ESB.

Just picked up the Bespin Duel set, and my gosh the does the box look so much better in person. Oddly enough the box feels like it has a lot of empty space.

56 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

Just picked up the Bespin Duel set, and my gosh the does the box look so much better in person. Oddly enough the box feels like it has a lot of empty space.

At Target?

I also canā€™t wait for the Mos Eisley Cantina. Iā€™m sort of positively cautious though. Hopefully it will be one singular build rather than several medium ones. Also holding out for a Garindan figureĀ :excited:

I have just seenĀ a news video from Beyond the Brick and according to Mike the Bespin Duel will be also distributed to Europe towards the end of the year.

Feeling rather shortchanged that the Razor Crest doesn't have Mando in his full beskar. He wears it for almost the full series, except the pilot and ep 2 which is really just an extension of the pilot... and the colouring on the minifig is really nothing like, so you can't just trick your eye into seeing the full outfit. Not sure there's an excuse given its almost a full year since the series aired in US.Ā Here's hoping they manage a few more Mando sets, hopefully one with Kuill as well.

PS... and they don't seem to be fixing the lack of printing on the crown of the helmet, that stripe over the top. Some work to do here, Lego.

Edited by Redroe

59 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Feeling rather shortchanged that the Razor Crest doesn't have Mando in his full beskar. He wears it for almost the full series, except the pilot and ep 2 which is really just an extension of the pilot... and the colouring on the minifig is really nothing like, so you can't just trick your eye into seeing the full outfit. Not sure there's an excuse given its almost a full year since the series aired in US.Ā Here's hoping they manage a few more Mando sets, hopefully one with Kuill as well.

PS... and they don't seem to be fixing the lack of printing on the crown of the helmet, that stripe over the top. Some work to do here, Lego.

The Helmet colour is way too dark and the black visor is way too fat. Hope that with the eventual Beskar version they update the helmet too.

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

I'm almost certain we'll be getting more mando sets, they initially didn't do much due to poor sales for the animated shows, but after seeing the success of the series I guarantee they're working on more sets.

8 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

The Helmet colour is way too dark and the black visor is way too fat. Hope that with the eventual Beskar version they update the helmet too.

It appears to be more gunmetal in many of the promo shots due to the lighting, but you're right it's too dark for the actual color. The eventual full beskar version would ideally be silver.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

...they initially didn't do much due to poor sales for the animated shows...

I would be very surprised if Rebels sets didn't sell well. Lego seemed to release a good amount of sets in support of that series (there's still some ground I'd love for them to cover, though).

Resistance, on the other hand.... Lego really dropped the ball in deciding which sets to produce, and Lucasfilm didn't do much better in their marketing and promotion of the show. Such a shame, as there was potential for some really cool sets.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

7 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I would be very surprised if Rebels sets didn't sell well. Lego seemed to release a good amount of sets in support of that series (there's still some ground I'd love for them to cover, though).

There were several accounts from retailers and even from within LEGOĀ that they sold poorly, so much soĀ that retailers did not want to carry them. (This is supposedly why the A-Wing/Vader TIE retired so quickly). A lot of people believe this was down to timing... that LEGO put the sets out well before the show debuted, let alone hit its stride, and that key sets like the Ghost retired before the second season began. Add to this the questionable choice of sets, the quality of several sets, and the ever-popular pricing discussion... it shouldn'tĀ be a huge surprise that the sets didn't do well.

11 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Resistance, on the other hand.... Lego really dropped the ball in deciding which sets to produce, and Lucasfilm didn't do much better in their marketing and promotion of the show. Such a shame, as there was potential for some really cool sets.

For what it's worth, Hasbro didn't do any better. One small wave of 5POA figs was all the show got.Ā 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

There were several accounts from retailers and even from within LEGOĀ that they sold poorly, so much soĀ that retailers did not want to carry them. (This is supposedly why the A-Wing/Vader TIE retired so quickly). A lot of people believe this was down to timing... that LEGO put the sets out well before the show debuted, let alone hit its stride, and that key sets like the Ghost retired before the second season began. Add to this the questionable choice of sets, the quality of several sets, and the ever-popular pricing discussion... it shouldn'tĀ be a huge surprise that the sets didn't do well.

I'm honestly surprised people still debate this. Unlike other themes (and for LSW, sub-themes), Rebels is pretty much the only one that was outright stated to sell poorly. It sucks, because I do believe there's still a lot of set material worth mining, but Rebels, imho, was probably the turning point in the decline of animated series sets. If not precisely Rebels, then perhaps the Clone Wars waves from 2013-2014 (though I seriously doubt that).

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm almost certain we'll be getting more mando sets, they initially didn't do much due to poor sales for the animated shows, but after seeing the success of the series I guarantee they're working on more sets.

How soon is the question, though. I think if anything, we'll get some excuse for the remaining figures (Ultimate Mando, Gideon), and then that's that until Season 2. If Battle Packs are going in the direction of the 501st Legion, I think an Imperial Remnant version is likely next, possibly with an ITT, but that's discussion for another thread.

16 hours ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

What time would the Bespin set likely to be go on sale on S@H in Canada? Would it be midnight ET across all of North America...?

I would assume so. I figure they wouldn't lock the release to 12:00 a.m. per individual time-zone. I'm not even sure how that would work, to be honest. And yes, I realize this is specifically about Canada, but I'd imagine the country would matter as much as or less than the time zone. Midnight EST seems like a good bet across the board.

12 hours ago, Chill said:

Any word on what time the Bespin set drops on Target.com?

Likely the same time it will on Lego.com, which is to say midnight, release day.

29 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm honestly surprised people still debate this. Unlike other themes (and for LSW, sub-themes), Rebels is pretty much the only one that was outright stated to sell poorly.

Less officially,Ā I have heard similar things about Hidden Side (RIP), and obviously the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit sets did not sell well considering how that line was prematurely cancelled... despite being really excellent sets and figs up until the last wave. In terms of Star Wars, the buildable figures were apparently not very popular among retailers. But I don't think LEGO ever did (or would) publicly say anything negativeĀ about any of those. AĀ LEGO rep did state in a Brickset article that B-Wings historically didĀ not sell well at all... probably why we rarely get them... despite being fairly iconic, at least among original trilogy fans.

TheBrickFan just confirmed that the Bespin Duel will only be available in North America because it is classified as an event item.

58 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

TheBrickFan just confirmed that the Bespin Duel will only be available in North America because it is classified as an event item.

? what was that bullsh#t statement about stopping regional exclusives?? Oh they're calling it something else so its okay now.Ā 

1 hour ago, TheScaryDoor said:

TheBrickFanļ»æ just confirmed that the Bespin Duel will only be available in North America because it is classified as an event item.ļ»æ

:sad:Ā I guess it will be rather expensive to buy it on Bricklink from other regions.