MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I actually forgot the game was still supposed to come out this year :grin:

Doesn't surprise me tbh, I'm sure you're not the only one. It was announced over a year ago and the last trailer came out 7 months ago, since then we've only gotten the coverart reveal and that's it. The marketing for this game is nothing short of pathetic.

I just got an email from LEGO, the Mandalorian brickheads have shipped!

In regards to the Skywalker Saga game, I've been really hyped for the game since the announcement and I've become incredibly frustrated with how abysmal the marketing for the game is. At this point I'm pretty much expecting a last minute delay. It's really concerning that we haven't had a single minute of gameplay nor have we gotten a single additional screenshot since the announcement. If this game is coming out in the next couple of months, they sure aren't acting like it. 

Edited by ToaDraco

At the same time, I don't need 9 months of trailers/advertising for a lego game.  Honestly don't need that for any game.  Announce it. Give me a week to get a preorder in, then ship it out.  That's probably more extreme in the otherway, but I don't want a constant feed of advertising a game that's not coming out for 3-12 months.

I too got the email about the brickheads, and am pretty excited. I don't think I'll buy any other brickheads, but I'm a sucker for mandolorian things.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

In regards to the Skywalker Saga game, I've been really hyped for the game since the announcement and I've become incredibly frustrated with how abysmal the marketing for the game is. At this point I'm pretty much expecting a last minute delay. It's really concerning that we haven't had a single minute of gameplay nor have we gotten a single additional screenshot since the announcement. If this game is coming out in the next couple of months, they sure aren't acting like it. 

The problem is that a delay announcement isn't a necessity as WB and TT Games technically never gave us a releasedate. But they really need to get their stuff together and start showing us things.

38 minutes ago, Chill said:

At the same time, I don't need 9 months of trailers/advertising for a lego game.  Honestly don't need that for any game.  Announce it. Give me a week to get a preorder in, then ship it out.  That's probably more extreme in the otherway, but I don't want a constant feed of advertising a game that's not coming out for 3-12 months.

But that's not the case here, the game is supposed to release in a little less than 3 months and we haven't even seen gameplay. That's very unusual for games, even LEGO games.

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

As I've mentioned before, WB Interactive being sold might be a factor: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/warner_bros_interactive_entertainment_is_reportedly_up_for_sale

Even if they get bought by another company it'll take time to get everything sorted out, LEGO SW:TSS should already be out a while before then

Bespin Duel looks solid. I wonder if I can offload my aftermarket Bespin Luke onto someone before it hits rock bottom on BL? As for the game... it really does seem that they're going to delay as I haven't seen a single pixel of promotion that wasn't part of the announcement or first trailer. HOWEVER. The prominence of the Naboo cruiser on the sleeve made my ears prick up. Total speculation I know. But a strange choice. The one major ship (I know, Nebulon B) they haven't done yet in any form? Can it be...

It's interesting how the new "18+" moniker is becoming prevalent across so many themes. It made perfect sense for a UCS set (A-Wing) to adopt it as a first step in the Star Wars theme, but it's even more interesting to see a smaller set with that labeling. 

Could this be a sign that more detailed/movie accurate 18+ sets are on the way, at a variety of price points? I'm almost certain that the Mos Eisley Cantina set (if true) will be featured as an 18+ set and very film accurate....perhaps more so than prior MBS-style sets have been (Death Star, Assault on Hoth, Ewok Village, etc.), with less emphasis on play features and more emphasis on accuracy, easter eggs, etc.

Regardless, I'm really loving the new direction Lego is going with 18+ sets. It feels like the company is turning a major corner in acknowledging its adult market.

Just now, Redroe said:

Bespin Duel looks solid. I wonder if I can offload my aftermarket Bespin Luke onto someone before it hits rock bottom on BL? As for the game... it really does seem that they're going to delay as I haven't seen a single pixel of promotion that wasn't part of the announcement or first trailer. HOWEVER. The prominence of the Naboo cruiser on the sleeve made my ears prick up. Total speculation I know. But a strange choice. The one major ship (I know, Nebulon B) they haven't done yet in any form? Can it be...

This might have been the former celebration exclusive, if it is your other bespin luke should be the same price (I think this one has a unique face print, though).

I think you're onto something with that naboo cruiser thing.

The Bespin Duel looks great! I was pretty happy with the one that came in the larger Cloud City set but this looks even more detailed. Hopefully they have plenty of stock available for everyone to purchase.

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

As much as I want Queen Amidala's Royal Starship to finally be made, I'm also still waiting on Eowyn vs. The Witch-King to happen. Unfortunately being on a video game's cover art isn't always a guarantee its going to get a physical release. :sad:

6 hours ago, wesker said:

As much as I want Queen Amidala's Royal Starship to finally be made, I'm also still waiting on Eowyn vs. The Witch-King to happen. Unfortunately being on a video game's cover art isn't always a guarantee its going to get a physical release.

Oh indeed (you're a bit of an Eowyn fan I see :laugh:) I just recall Lego having a bit of a fondess for sneaking reveals into related product literature, videos, etc. I gave up all hope on the LotR line years ago, then they kicked me while I was down by showing an Oliphaunt on the first dimensions wave. But that cruiser... it looks about right re. size and shaping... and they have a newish weapon in their colours list, pearl light grey, meaning they wouldn't have to chrome it up... shall stop now as I realise I'm probably stretching the rules of the post to breaking point.

7 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

It's interesting how the new "18+" moniker is becoming prevalent across so many themes. It made perfect sense for a UCS set (A-Wing) to adopt it as a first step in the Star Wars theme, but it's even more interesting to see a smaller set with that labeling. 

Regardless, I'm really loving the new direction Lego is going with 18+ sets. It feels like the company is turning a major corner in acknowledging its adult market.

It opens up so many possibilities. I think the Stranger Things set was a real acid test for the adult market, though I could be corrected and told there were Star wars sets (other than UCS) that were marketed that way? I'd expect a cantina to be squarely aimed at AFOLs but they'll get the best of both worlds. My nephew doesn't give a monkey about the ships, all he wants to play with are the funny-headed aliens.

First official images of Bespin duel are up!

(They can be found on the usual hashtag :wink:)

Edited by Thieda

I really like it. A good diorama for the 40th Anniversary of Empire. Plus I love that plaque and box art. 

The Duel set looks really nice. It'll be a good way to pick up Bespin Luke and arm print Vader without having to pay a fortune. I like the design of the set it looks really sleek. This has been my most wanted set for years so I'm delighted they've decided to make this set.

I was definitely expecting more of a playset with the window and a few naff play features, like a segment cut off the MBS Cloud City. But it looks fantastic, and while I probably won't buy it, I am glad they're doing more of this type of thing (if only Mustafar was more along these lines!)

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's definetely a really cool set but is it $40 worth of coolness? Definetely not

I accept that any lego set regardless of price point costs 20% more than my gut tells me it ought to.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's definetely a really cool set but is it $40 worth of coolness? Definetely not

I mean, it comes with Bespin Luke and the new Vader so I personally think it’s worth it. 

Looks like lego realizes that the 501st battle is gonna sell like hot cakes to they added another set per case (4). Well done Lego.

6 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

Looks like lego realizes that the 501st battle is gonna sell like hot cakes to they added another set per case (4). Well done Lego.

Slightly miffed that the torso and visor printing is different to the previous ones (like the utapau, kashyyyk versions). One of the unnecessary changes IMO. But I imagine there will be some CW related battle packs next year to even the odds a bit. 

20 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

What's set per case?