MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Yeah, it‘d be silly of them not to release a set based on the Razor Crest in 2020 :laugh: There‘s also plenty of missing main characters from the show they could easily include in such a set.

Now we‘re in the funny situation where a LEGO set could actually properly spoil fans since we might get leaks for additional Mando sets before Disney+ hits certain regions :snicker: I mean we don‘t even have a launch date for Switzerland yet... Looks like I may have to hoist the flag if you catch my drift :pir-sweet:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now we‘re in the funny situation where a LEGO set could actually properly spoil fans since we might get leaks for additional Mando sets before Disney+ hits certain regions :snicker: I mean we don‘t even have a launch date for Switzerland yet... Looks like I may have to hoist the flag if you catch my drift :pir-sweet:

I think spoilers are pretty much innevitable if you live in a country where D+ doesn't come out this year, unless you pirate the episodes ofcourse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope that we get The Razor crest and, of THAT character becomes a big part of the series than we could see them in the set

 

And it’s cute that people actually think those of us that don’t get Disney+ till next April haven’t already seen this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

And it’s cute that people actually think those of us that don’t get Disney+ till next April haven’t already seen this :)

I don't think people really think this, especially as it's incredibly easy to pirate/stream new series/movies nowadays :laugh_hard: The spoiler warnings here are just so people who haven't had a chance to watch the episode don't accidentily read spoilers here, just like whenever a new movie comes out.

But in general, Disney's decision on distributing D+ is extremely stupid as it pretty much encourages people to pirate the episodes :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But in general, Disney's decision on distributing D+ is extremely stupid as it pretty much encourages people to pirate the episodes :wall:

It‘s not really Disney‘s decision though... There have to be legal reasons why the Netherlands get to watch D+ already whereas the rest of Europe has to wait until March if not longer (i.e. distribution disputes between competing streaming services and other such nonsense) :wink: Sure, they could‘ve postponed the launch until the service was ready to go world-wide, but that would take a loooong time I suppose...

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

And it’s cute that people actually think those of us that don’t get Disney+ till next April haven’t already seen this :)

Yeah, I‘ve seen the big spoiler as well... But I’m not complaining, that‘s what you get for frequenting r/starwarsleaks :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Either the baby mould (with olive green hands) combined with a new moulded head (like this), or a single mould (like Baby Groot), would work. Both are possible, and getting this character is likely, if LEGO makes additional sets for The Mandalorian
 

This is the perfect reason to introduce fluffy minifigs. It looks like Hulk-coloured Mogwai, so kawaiiiii :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

My dudes we NEED to get (spoilers for Mandalorian) 

  Reveal hidden contents

the baby yoda

as a fig or whatever

And we also need

blurgggs or what was the name of those tadpole dinosaurs


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borex said:

And we also need

  Hide contents

blurgggs or what was the name of those tadpole dinosaurs

 

They're indeed Blurrgs (2 r's, 1 g), and considering they've also appeared in Rebels and Clone Wars it wouldn't suprise me if we get them eventually. But the Blurrgs themselves aren't really spoilers btw, they appeared in multiple trailers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

My dudes we NEED to get (spoilers for Mandalorian) 

  Reveal hidden contents

the baby yoda

as a fig or whatever

Yes. Sounds like the perfect inclusion for the razor crest set, though I could also see a set based on

Spoiler

the shootout at the end of the episode, with the gatling gun platform and part of the fort, with the mando, Ig-11, and some guards as well as baby yoda

15 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

This "leak" came about well before the release of Betrayal on Cloud City. Most likely a fake figure. 

Yes, that's what my comment about it was saying.

15 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Having just seen episode 1- I think the Razor Crest model is a lock for 2020. And Lego would be silly not to do it as a $100 plus level build.  

I hope the series keeps up this quality. Great great start. 

I wholeheartedly agree with both those statements.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're indeed Blurrgs (2 r's, 1 g), and considering they've also appeared in Rebels and Clone Wars it wouldn't suprise me if we get them eventually. But the Blurrgs themselves aren't really spoilers btw, they appeared in multiple trailers

Yeah, at this point I'd almost rather have a blurrg than a bantha. A battlepack type set with the mando and Kuill on their blurrgs, with 2 raiders, thugs, or stormies thrown in, could work pretty well. 100% speculation. but there's still the battlepack coming 2020...

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I could also see a set based on

  Hide contents

the shootout at the end of the episode, with the gatling gun platform and part of the fort, with the mando, Ig-11, and some guards as well as baby yoda

The battlepack might be based (partially) on this scene. Perhaps two Nikto guards, an Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper, and an Incinerator Stormtrooper, with the gun-platform as the main build? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The battlepack might be based (partially) on this scene. Perhaps two Nikto guards, an Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper, and an Incinerator Stormtrooper, with the gun-platform as the main build? 

We know the mando

Spoiler

or another of his tribe like the armorer

HAS to be in the pack, or some other jan 2020 set, as a torso leaked months ago

Other than that, it makes sense, though I do hope we see kuill and/or IG-88 at some point, there's no evidence placing them over any other figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont like to be whining, but can't people just refrain from guessing, everytime I check the forum, I just waste time reading other peoples guesses of sets rather than real rumours and leaks and also like somebody else mentioned here recently, these guesses can and have also in the past, become the foundation of illigetime romours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We know the mando

  Reveal hidden contents

or another of his tribe like the armorer

HAS to be in the pack, or some other jan 2020 set, as a torso leaked months ago

Ideally, that torso is from another set, not the battlepack, since (IIRC) it looked unique. 
 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IG-88 

*IG-11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Dont like to be whining, but can't people just refrain from guessing, everytime I check the forum, I just waste time reading other peoples guesses of sets rather than real rumours and leaks and also like somebody else mentioned here recently, these guesses can and have also in the past, become the foundation of illigetime romours. 

Nobody is forcing you to read it. And if we never speculate/guess what will be included in the next wave of sets based on new media some threads, like this one, will be inactive for months in between rumors and leaks. At least it isn't pure wishlisting now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ideally, that torso is from another set, not the battlepack, since (IIRC) it looked unique. 

I completely forgot about that leaked torso *oh2* I’d also prefer it to be in another set, but unless a surprise retailer exclusive set pops up, it‘ll be in the battle pack. Thus, my idea which faction the BP represents (Imperial Remnant) is completely out the window now :grin: Unless it‘s a multi-faction BP of course...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thus, my idea which faction the BP represents (Imperial Remnant) is completely out the window now :grin: Unless it‘s a multi-faction BP of course...

It will probably be multi-faction, considering the number of potential army-builders that we have seen thus far. Additionally, there is almost certainly going to be some variety in the set, with LEGO’s standard 2-1-1 Minifig distribution. 
 

25 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

IG-not-88* more like

I am not sure what you mean by this - The character’s name is IG-11
 

32 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I completely forgot about that leaked torso *oh2*

The torso has just resurfaced on the usual platform. 
 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure what you mean by this - The character’s name is IG-11

Nah never mind. It's more of a jab at Lucasfilm for not just biting the bullet and saying it's IG-88.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Nah never mind. It's more of a jab at Lucasfilm for not just biting the bullet and saying it's IG-88.

I would've hated it if IG-11 was IG-88. The IG series are assassin droids and I don't think of all IG's only one would go rogue and become a bounty hunter. And IG-11 being voiced by Taiki Waititi is a very nice plus. Not everything in Star Wars has to be connected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nobody is forcing you to read it. And if we never speculate/guess what will be included in the next wave of sets based on new media some threads, like this one, will be inactive for months in between rumors and leaks. At least it isn't pure wishlisting now

If the thread would be dead for months would just show that there is nothing to report, should a restuarant be open if they dont have any food to serve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Nah never mind. It's more of a jab at Lucasfilm for not just biting the bullet and saying it's IG-88.

The choice to make a new character, rather than just using IG-88, was intentional. 
Quote from Dave Filoni

“So a droid like IG-88, if you know the Expanded Universe and the Star Wars history, there are a lot of stories around him or what might've happened to that particular droid. So out of respect for people that have been with this franchise a long time, it's like, 'well if we do something with this space, would that be contradicting those stories?'. . . So it's better just to say, 'Well, there's other droids,' it's not like it was a unique assassin droid. And then we have a little more free range.” 

 

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nobody is forcing you to read it. And if we never speculate/guess what will be included in the next wave of sets based on new media some threads, like this one, will be inactive for months in between rumors and leaks. At least it isn't pure wishlisting now

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If the thread would be dead for months would just show that there is nothing to report, should a restuarant be open if they dont have any food to serve?


From the first post: 

On 7/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, MKJoshA said:

This thread collects everything you think you know about 2020 LEGO Star Wars sets; discuss your opinions here! 

  • . . . Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2020. 

. . . We ask that members not minimod (directly telling other members how to behave ) in the thread. . . If something is a problem, please inform the mods by reporting it. Any questions, please ask in the appropriate thread. 

 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a fine line people are walking between guessing and wishlisting right now. I don't want to kill actual discussion, but please be careful to not just share a wish-list in the guise of a guess about the battlepack.

Also, I would love to see a Razor Crest set, but I would also love to see a Fireball set. Lego hasn't given us the main ship from Resistance, and they may not for Mandalorian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, Guyon2002 said:

They're indeed Blurrgs (2 r's, 1 g), and considering they've also appeared in Rebels and Clone Wars it wouldn't suprise me if we get them eventually. But the Blurrgs themselves aren't really spoilers btw, they appeared in multiple trailers

Don't forget, they also appeared in the Ewok movies.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ideally, that torso is from another set, not the battlepack, since (IIRC) it looked unique. 

Ideally, we get a full wave of mandalorian sets, but we only have one more coming that we know of, and it's the battlepack

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The torso has just resurfaced on the usual platform. 

Not sure what's going on with those sand blue arms and torso print, it might not actually be THE mandalorian's

Spoiler

it could be another, like (but I don't think the colours match up) the armorer, who would make an AWESOME figure. It's either just the mando with a different undershirt or one of his clan

. have we considered that this might not be a standard battlepack, per se, but more a battlepack-sized small mando set?

45 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Don't forget, they also appeared in the Ewok movies.  ;)

I want those films to be wiped from legends. The only good thing to come out of them is the Blurrg

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The choice to make a new character, rather than just using IG-88, was intentional. 
Quote from Dave Filoni

And the choice to use an assassin droid because of IG-88’s fame was also intentional.

Hence I call him “not-IG-88”. Bear in mind I have no problem with the character, I’m just not gonna pretend that they’re not banking on nostalgia lol. The same goes for the Mandalorian himself.

But ultimately it’s a pointless discussion so I’m gonna stop here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now