MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm glad we've finally got some accurate faces, I'm hoping angry clone itself is gone and we start getting other heads for FO/Imperial troops.

Definitely, they have put unique back printing on caped characters, why not put unique faces on helmeted troopers?

I didn't mention it before but i'm hoping that Lego creating these new faces for clones is a sign we might be seeing more clones in future waves.

While it’s nice we are getting new Clone troopers heads, I think skin color is a bit too dark. I think it should have been something in between standard tan color and new one. But I guess it’s best to reserve judgment for now, till I see this new face in hand.

Glad they finally updated the Clone Trooper head. The darker skin tone looks much more accurate and I prefer neutral expressions over the angry ones.

The new head is a huge improvement. Glad to see a neutral expression as well. 

Never thought I'd be so glad we're getting new heads, not only as it's more accurate but it means more diverse skin tones for custom SW characters in MOCs. Win-win!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Regardless of personal preferences (skin tone, face details), it appears that LEGO is finally listening more to feedbacks and wishes of customers, (including AFOLs) and even addressing some of those from time to time! Hopefully someone from their teams keeps reading these forums.

Now that's a head worthy of being on a clone trooper. Nice to see they finally updated it. Hopefully we'll get the same skin color the next time Boba or Jango comes around.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't believe it. They FINALLY did it. They really put a lot of effort into that set.

They really did! Super detailed new trooper design, new heads, new mold for the front of the BARC, etc. (Also the mando jetpack in blue, which isn't as big of a deal but I like getting that part in new colors. Now we need a red one!)

12 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Definitely, they have put unique back printing on caped characters, why not put unique faces on helmeted troopers?

I didn't mention it before but i'm hoping that Lego creating these new faces for clones is a sign we might be seeing more clones in future waves.

It's possible. We've had at least one set with a clone trooper every year since 2005, so I'd say we'll at least get something next year, but I do agree this could signal an above-average number of clones in the next few waves.

UCS MILLENNIUM FALCON, DEATH STAR, AND TANTIVE IV ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR BACKORDER IN THE US.  ACT FAST!

On 6/27/2020 at 12:53 AM, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I'm really mad I missed out on CC... especially when it was on sale for $175 last year...

Cloud City reappeared at S@H, at least on the hungarian one.

Edited by Anak

I'm very glad to see the angry clone head get replaced with a far more accurate one! It's been a longtime coming.

I can probably only budget for one large set at the moment. Should I get the Razor Crest (£120) or AT-AT (£140)? Empire is my favourite of the films, but I really like the Mandalorian, so it's just based on them as sets (also I don't care about minifigs)

19 hours ago, Anak said:

Cloud City reappeared at S@H, at least on the hungarian one.

Yepp, here as well in Sweden. My experience is that sets retire in NA faster than in the rest of the world, but people there seem to think that what's happening there is happening elsewhere as well

5 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

I can probably only budget for one large set at the moment. Should I get the Razor Crest (£120) or AT-AT (£140)? Empire is my favourite of the films, but I really like the Mandalorian, so it's just based on them as sets (also I don't care about minifigs)

I suspect the razor crest will be in higher demand than the AT-AT if that makes any difference to your decision.

5 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

It depends, are you thinking you'll be able to get the other one before they retire? If no, buy the razor crest, it's less likely to be re-released. Plus, if you don't care about the minifigures, you could probably sell baby yoda for a fair bit of money.

6 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Echoing what the others have said, the Razor Crest is likely to be in higher demand and (in my opinion) less likely to be re-released, so I would suggest getting it first. Another AT-AT will always come around if you wait long enough.

Finally a good clone head! Isn’t perfect, but with what’s available as existing colors I still think its the best choice.

Hopefully we’ll see more variations of this version when we eventually get more clones. Versions with tattoos would be great for characters like Jesse, Fives, Dogma, ect. if LEGO ever decides to give us named Clones outside of the main Commanders/Captains.

8 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Finally a good clone head! Isn’t perfect, but with what’s available as existing colors I still think its the best choice.

Hopefully we’ll see more variations of this version when we eventually get more clones. Versions with tattoos would be great for characters like Jesse, Fives, Dogma, ect. if LEGO ever decides to give us named Clones outside of the main Commanders/Captains.

This piece could work, I think it's the same color as the new one.

I've got a few to use for clones already, the stubble and sweatband should add variety.

@jcn seems to me like he just guessed and it paid off. Most of the figure selection is pretty easy to guess. Unless he had the figures from final dual and the ITS too, he probably just guessed and it paid off.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Hi all - new here. I've actually made an account just to inform you guys of a weird reddit post I saw a while back.

About a week or so before the Monday on which the first set pictures for this wave were leaked, there was a post on the LSW subreddit by some guy claiming to have all the info on the new sets. He listed the exact minifigs which each set would come with, and when questioned on how he knew this information he said he saw them on display at Brickfair. Now when the set pics were leaked on that coming Monday, it turned out he was exactly right about every claim he made. I can specifically recall him being correct about the Ahsoka trooper in the AAT, as well getting an airborne trooper in Grievous' ship.  Bare in mind that this occurred some time before the initial set pic leaks, and all information realiable leakers knew at the time was the set numbers and prices - pretty much nothing about the minifigs. I was also checking this post regularly and nobody knew anything.

I'm a little confused at what happened there. I mean he could have just been trolling making up the info but the chances of it all being exactly correct are so slim that I doubt it. As far as I'm aware Brickfair was cancelled this year so what could he have meant? I should be able to find the actual post if people are interested, since I actually commented calling him out for spreading fake rumours (oops).

Let me know what you guys think.

7 hours ago, jcn said:

Some of lifes biggest mysteries are best left unanswered 

Edited by SCREDEYE

7 hours ago, jcn said:

Hi all - new here. I've actually made an account just to inform you guys of a weird reddit post I saw a while back.

About a week or so before the Monday on which the first set pictures for this wave were leaked, there was a post on the LSW subreddit by some guy claiming to have all the info on the new sets. He listed the exact minifigs which each set would come with, and when questioned on how he knew this information he said he saw them on display at Brickfair. Now when the set pics were leaked on that coming Monday, it turned out he was exactly right about every claim he made. I can specifically recall him being correct about the Ahsoka trooper in the AAT, as well getting an airborne trooper in Grievous' ship.  Bare in mind that this occurred some time before the initial set pic leaks, and all information realiable leakers knew at the time was the set numbers and prices - pretty much nothing about the minifigs. I was also checking this post regularly and nobody knew anything.

I'm a little confused at what happened there. I mean he could have just been trolling making up the info but the chances of it all being exactly correct are so slim that I doubt it. As far as I'm aware Brickfair was cancelled this year so what could he have meant? I should be able to find the actual post if people are interested, since I actually commented calling him out for spreading fake rumours (oops).

Link please?

9 hours ago, jcn said:

This feels like a well trodden path to troll town....

3 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Link please?

This is the post mate, if you check the comments you'll see the OP making the claims.

@Mandalorianknight Yeah I suppose that could have been the case, as he didn't mention the ITS. Just seems strange that he was bang on especially about the AAT figs.

@Hold0511 Me or the guy who made the reddit post?

Leaked images for the Iron Man mosaic have come out. It's a 3 in 1 for 3 different looks of Iron Man suits. Seeing as we've had rumors of the SW mosaic either being Vader or Maul, is it possible they could both be options? I'm not sure because the colours are quite different.